West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I reckon it's a genuine injury like. There's no way any player would pull out of their first England squad unless absolutely necessary.

He played at Arsenal, then midweek against B'burn and again against Fulham. He's barely had a rest this season, I could see why Hughton may have had a word in his ear about another midweek game being too much.

I hope so anyway.

If he's not fit for Wednesday, he won't be fit for three days like IMO.

He would only have dropped out of England for a proper injury. After the last incident with Pearce, he'd never play for England ever if he played three days after supposedly having an injury.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Without Carroll we're fucked. Ranger and Lovenkrands are not up to it. Xisco won't get a look in, Best is not near returning is he?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Awful news if hes out for a bit. Sums up our great need for a new striker though that we are relying so much on one 21 year old.

With the work load on the lad it's not surprising he will pick up injuries more often- desperately need a new striker in January

Even though I was interested in England for the first time in years, this club comes first. So yeah its a shame for him, but we need him. His time will come.

He's injured for us as well though!  I agree with the sentiment but he'll surely miss Bolton and probably Chelsea now, I reckon.

Even though I was interested in England for the first time in years, this club comes first. So yeah its a shame for him, but we need him. His time will come.

He's injured for us as well though!  I agree with the sentiment but he'll surely miss Bolton and probably Chelsea now, I reckon.

If he was fine last night and now he's suddenly injured, it must be precautionary thing, like Man Utd do all the time. If so, the point still stands because he might be OK enough to play, but we can't risk that. We come first.

If he was fine last night and now he's suddenly injured, it must be precautionary thing, like Man Utd do all the time. If so, the point still stands because he might be OK enough to play, but we can't risk that. We come first.

I can only think that he felt his groin but thought it would be alright, now tests have been done and ruled him out.

Like I said in my last post, I do agree with you with regard to us coming first.  Let's hope he's fit enough to play at least some part against Bolton and hopefully start v Chelsea.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20101114/carroll-to-be-assessed-by-england-doctors_2281670_2219824

Carroll To Be Assessed By England Doctors

By Dan King

United striker Andy Carroll picked up a suspected groin injury in Saturday's game against Fulham at St. James' Park.

The player will report for duty with England on Sunday evening, where he will be assessed further by England team doctors.

England play France on Wednesday night at Wembley, and Carroll was called into Fabio Capello's squad for the first time on Saturday evening after scoring seven goals so far this season.

:(