West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

25 million :lol:

Not much wrong with that valuation in the current market... Young English striker, carrying shit loads of hype, who's scoring goals in a poor team and generally giving defences a battering -- as long as we're still a premiership team, £25 million is not far away from what we should be looking for, especially if the likes of City come in.

If we were offered £40m for him, we'd be daft not to take it tbh. I wouldn't want us to because i'd like to see him stay at Newcastle for a long time, but we could completely reshape our squad with that sort of money and progress more than we could if we kept him.

If we were offered £40m for him, we'd be daft not to take it tbh. I wouldn't want us to because i'd like to see him stay at Newcastle for a long time, but we could completely reshape our squad with that sort of money and progress more than we could if we kept him. it would go straight to Ashleys back pocket.

25 million :lol:

Not much wrong with that valuation in the current market... Young English striker, carrying s*** loads of hype, who's scoring goals in a poor team and generally giving defences a battering -- as long as we're still a premiership team, £25 million is not far away from what we should be looking for, especially if the likes of City come in.

One word... Lescott!

If Carroll becomes half as good as Shearer was at his best, he'll be out the door.

If Carroll can maintain this level of form, he'll surpass the league totals Shearer achieved in his last 5 seasons, even without penalties.

I think he's on the verge of being as good as Shearer post-injury.

He's got a long way to go to come close - even to post-injury Shearer.

Whilst Shearer was slow post injury he was still one of the best pure strikers of a ball I have ever seen.

I really do believe if he wasn't out for 2 seasons and having his older attributes he could have easily scored anohter 50 goals for us, and maybe we would have won some silverware

If we were offered £40m for him, we'd be daft not to take it tbh. I wouldn't want us to because i'd like to see him stay at Newcastle for a long time, but we could completely reshape our squad with that sort of money and progress more than we could if we kept him. it would go straight to Ashleys back pocket.

There's always one.. :lol:

It might be inaccurate (probably) but the sentiment is correct. The money certainly wouldn't all go back into the team.

Anyway:

I wouldn't sell him for any money tbh. That's certainly not because I think he's that good, more that we wouldn't be able to replace him (for a variety of reasons).

And it would be a pathetic and unforgivable lack of ambition that as soon as we get ourselves a good young player we're selling him.

Guest dogbeak

Carroll can only improve, and you'd think the same could be said of the club.

both carroll and the club could get worse over the course of time, tbh.

Guest Stephen927

Carroll can only improve, and you'd think the same could be said of the club.

both carroll and the club could get worse over the course of time, tbh.

Risk worth taking with a talent like his.

It might be inaccurate (probably) but the sentiment is correct. The money certainly wouldn't all go back into the team.

Hate to get into this again like but while we've been in the Premiership every penny of transfers has always gone back into the team.  In future maybe it wouldn't, always a possibility, but I wouldn't assume that'd be the case.

I agree we shouldn't sell him under normal circumstances, then again the current transfer market isn't normal (Milner going for £20m+ FFS :lol:)

So are you saying we needed to sell Milner? I know we're not discussing the exact same thing, but if it's the case then it hardly helps to destroy the theory that Ashley would sell any of our players if needs be.

I wonder who's going in January to pay for Tiote et al? :undecided:

So are you saying we needed to sell Milner? I know we're not discussing the exact same thing, but if it's the case then it hardly helps to destroy the theory that Ashley would sell any of our players if needs be.

Yeah but milner was pretty mediocre for us anyway.

Totally agree.

I do appreciate where Teasy is coming from but I still don't think the type of money Carroll would surely attract would go directly into the remaining team. Perhaps some of it. The timing is perhaps more important that anything - the deals we did in January 2009 were disasterous and I wouldn't put it past Ashley to do something like that again I'm afraid.