West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AC with two decent wingers & a striker partner will be a great attacking weapon, hopefully for us!!!!

We put plenty of balls into the box today so the wingers did what they could.

looked like he.should've scored with that chance in the first half aswell

AC with two decent wingers & a striker partner will be a great attacking weapon, hopefully for us!!!!

We put plenty of balls into the box today so the wingers did what they could.

One of them did. The other managed one decent cross in the entire game.

Btw I don't want to scaremonger but he looked like he got injured today to me. For at least 10mins in the second half I watched him really struggling to run and complaining several times to the likes of Nolan. Hopefully it was just an impact knock but I wouldn't be surprised if he misses the Spurs game.

This brings me onto a more general worry I have about him, that as a local lad wearing the #9 and as our top scorer and main hope he doesn't recognise when he should be coming off. Pride may end up making him injure himself further by carrying on when he should be admitting to the bench that he's done.

One of them did. The other managed one decent cross in the entire game.

The point is that the forwards had plenty to feed off, the problem was that for far too long the support forward wasn't up to the task.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Btw I don't want to scaremonger but he looked like he got injured today to me. For at least 10mins in the second half I watched him really struggling to run and complaining several times to the likes of Nolan. Hopefully it was just an impact knock but I wouldn't be surprised if he misses the Spurs game.

This brings me onto a more general worry I have about him, that as a local lad wearing the #9 and as our top scorer and main hope he doesn't recognise when he should be coming off. Pride may end up making him injure himself further by carrying on when he should be admitting to the bench that he's done.

Looked like his knee. Took a knock and managed to run it off, only for it to take another knock 5 mins later. Hope its just a bruise.

Was clearly carrying an injury (looked like his right knee) for the last 25 mins of the game. Don't think it's too serious as he completed the game but could well have made it a bit worse by doing so. Very worrying though.  :undecided: 

He was outstanding today.

He won pretty much everything in the air, despite the fact that Lescott thought he could beat him in the air every time by putting his arms around him.

I felt sorry for him as well though, as he had no support from anyone, in particular his so-called strike partner in Kevin Nolan.

He's brilliant to watch, everytime I see us put the ball in the box I just expect Carroll to make something happen.

It's fucking stupid really, you can watch him running in from miles away and still know he'll get on the end of it. :lol:

The question is will teams figure him out in the future? It's difficult to see how really, it's not like he's skinning players with a particular skill that nobody has seen before, or surprising pace. He's just that good in the air. The simplest way is to cut off his supply of crosses of course, and that's why our wide players are so important and have to be better on the whole (Barton's doing well this season, but Simpson isn't the best going forward and there's not nearly enough from Jonas on the left). There's still set pieces though... :)

I felt sorry for him as well though, as he had no support from anyone, in particular his so-called strike partner in Kevin Nolan.

I thought Carroll could have done better with some of his knockdowns tbf.

I know the situations were a lot different even only 5/6 months ago or so but it's just scandalous to think that Emile Heskey played in the World Cup for England and Carroll didn't. I'm well aware that Carroll wasn't half the player he is now and was playing in the Championship, but when you look at the way he's playing now its amazing to think.

Guest neesy111

We should be building a team around this guy like we did with Shearer.  A partner and two wingers are a must for me going forward if we are to exploit the guy properly.