West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I like him, a canny bit actually. There's not many in our colours I can say that about these days.

Hope he keeps improving and notches a few more goals (which I'm certain he will do in a settled team with a good partner.)

Must also say that I thought Nolan was good last night as well though, was all over the place and - like Big Andy - showed some very nice touches in parts.

I like him, a canny bit actually. There's not many in our colours I can say that about these days.

Hope he keeps improving and notches a few more goals (which I'm certain he will do in a settled team with a good partner.)

Must also say that I thought Nolan was good last night as well though, was all over the place and - like Big Andy - showed some very nice touches in parts.

That really confused me for a second, as I thought I'd opened the Alan Smith thread. :lol:

Enrique is the one waiting to pay off. He was 40-1 last night.

I wish he'd bloody start shooting, he's perfectly entitled to when he's just skipped past half the opposition for the 14th time in the game.

Enrique is the one waiting to pay off. He was 40-1 last night.

I wish he'd bloody start shooting, he's perfectly entitled to when he's just skipped past half the opposition for the 14th time in the game.

:nods: He's got a good shot on him as well.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Carroll's reading of the offside trap is embarrassing at times, lucky we're in the CC against unorganised defences otherwise he would score EVEN LESS GOALS than he does now.

Guest Heneage

Nothing like Kezman showing he knows absolutely nothing about anything :lol:

Sorry what's the basis for this? Oh that's right there is none.

Did you actually see the game? Did you actually see how wide it went. He had time to take that ball down and finish it. Just because you and my bitch Iceman Blue agree doesn't mean you are right, Carroll's shown on a few occassions he isn't a composed finisher under pressure.

Guest neesy111

carroll would look very good in a good time imo, he clearly wins a lot of headers, so a team that had 2 wingers for example putting in a few decent crosses

Did you actually see the game? Did you actually see how wide it went. He had time to take that ball down and finish it. Just because you and my bitch Iceman Blue agree doesn't mean you are right, Carroll's shown on a few occassions he isn't a composed finisher under pressure.

You said in your post 'should have buried that volley mind', now you would have liked him to take control of the ball and finish it?  make your mind up

Guest Heneage

You said in your post 'should have buried that volley mind', now you would have liked him to take control of the ball and finish it?  make your mind up

What? It's the same thing, to bury a chance means to finish the chance, be it by vollying it or taking a touch.

carroll would look very good in a good time imo, he clearly wins a lot of headers, so a team that had 2 wingers for example putting in a few decent crosses

You know fine well that scoring headers and flicking them on are two very different things.

You know fine well that scoring headers and flicking them on are two very different things.

To be fair at times he has been magnificent in turning pretty poor crosses into goal scoring opportunities/goals. He doesn't do it often enougn but then we don't get balls into the box enough either.

To be fair at times he has been magnificent in turning pretty poor crosses into goal scoring opportunities/goals. He doesn't do it often enougn but then we don't get balls into the box enough either.

The header that hit the post on Monday was superb.

What? It's the same thing, to bury a chance means to finish the chance, be it by vollying it or taking a touch.

He didnt have time to take a touch, he had to hit it first time. Whether that was by placing it or having a smash. Either way he had Nolan coming back across him, with 3 defenders following the ball also who he'd just broken past, with the ball coming down from a long way up. It want anywhere close to an easy chance. Its very hard to place a ball coming down over you from that angle rather than across you. Anyway hes already smashed in two nice volleys this season, he hardly has bad technique on them.

The header that hit the post on Monday was superb.

Pure class that was. Held off 3 defenders at the same time all jumping for it, so hes got the strength he needs also to be dangerous to any side. He's shown he can smack a ball also. If he improves his movement off the ball he'd have all the qualities needed to be a class centre foward. Just needs to find more space and use his left foot a bit more.

Could do with some decent tuition like. Really don't know what Chris Hughton and Colin Calderwood could possibly have to offer when it comes to fine-tuning the abilities of a raw striker.

Reckon him and Ranger could flourish under Shearer.

Could do with some decent tuition like. Really don't know what Chris Hughton and Colin Calderwood could possibly have to offer when it comes to fine-tuning the abilities of a raw striker.

Reckon him and Ranger could flourish under Shearer.

Keegan would have been able to even more with them. BHAM.