West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's often said that conceding an equaliser in the last minute is like losing but scoring one is like winning.

By the same logic if Carroll doesn't go will it feel like we've just signed a £35M striker ?

Haha!  If he stays I'll go sprinting down the corridor at work like Bruce down the touchline.   :cheesy:

I wish we had some kind of in-house predictopus who could pick out a clam either marked SOLD or STAYS and let us know what's going to happen.  My whole day is shot now and it's not even noon here.  :sadnod:

It's too cold here to worry about it, mate. ;)

Guest neesy111

It would be typical of NUFC not to look at getting any decent youngsters as part of the deal.  N'Gog would be decent to start off with.

no he wouldnt - he is shit

He's better than the shite we have upfront currently.

I know a close family member of one of Newcastle's main scouts.  Was with Hughton at the Arsenal game and still there under Pardew today.

She says Carroll's gone for £35m.

Not pending on Torres' deal?

Guest Hardy_Bucks

16.01 SSN are unsure whether a fee has actually been agreed between Liverpool and Newcastle for Carroll, but reckon that he was driven out of Toon's training ground by Kevin Nolan about an hour ago. Well, as a scouser, Nolan should know the way to Liverpool...

WTF?

Or they just have a car pool going for training!!!

Amazing that all these crazy transfer rumours and stories emerge on transfer "deadline day" like!!!!

It would be typical of NUFC not to look at getting any decent youngsters as part of the deal.  N'Gog would be decent to start off with.

no he wouldnt - he is s***

He's better than the s**** we have upfront currently.

not much better if at all - pointless lumbering ourselves with a crap player we will spend 3 years struggling to shift

Even for that money, if we sell him, what's the fucking point - seriously? I wouldn't sell him for anything. He's invaluable from both a current footballing perspective and a romantic/traditional one. If you can't find anything to support about Newcastle, you've got Andy Carroll. We're not a one-man team or anything but it is kinda ripping the soul out of it a bit if he goes. Local lad leading the line with the main shirt, top scorer, etc.

Please don't go. :(