West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest kingdawson

£40m is huge, still don't want to sell him though.  :lol:

Mate this is the biggest mugging in football history.

I get that he's vital for you lot but from a neutrals perspective, you've done them over big time.

IF I was AC i'd be going to Liverpool and wanting at least £125k a week.  If the club are prepared to smash the transfer record for a british player i'd want them to pay me wages to match so would want to be paid the same as the likes of Gerrard etc.

I don't want to see him go, but every player has his price, and £40m is a very good one. It's a figure based on the player he might become, not the player he is now.

It really all depends on whether and who we bring in to replace him.

I get that he's vital for you lot but from a neutrals perspective, you've done them over big time.

It is looking at him now, in 5 years it'll seem like a stroke of genius as long as he controls his temper down in liverpool.

They can build a fantastic team around him and Suarez, lethal for years to come while we pay off debts and buy over priced shite as everyone knows we've got a wad to blow.

Carroll will be more expensive than Nedved, Shevchenko, Vieri, Robinho, Buffon, Villa, Crespo and Figo, who all moved when in their respective primes. Jesus :lol:

When you put it like that, you would have to laugh.  Then cry at the very fact that the 40M would never see its way into our squad in time to ensure we stay in the premier league (which could well cost us the 40M we get sent down again).  Net result we are back to where we started minus one of our best players.

If he becomes as good as he could, £40m is barely worth having. We'll only piss it away when Liverpool could have England's very best striker on the books for the next five years.

We don't need to sell him. We really don't need to. I still wouldn't, even for that price.

i for once agree with you. That money is ridiculous, he's nowhere near that value but then again I still be gutted if he leaves.

Shrewd piece of business though.

MirrorFootball: Andy Carroll supposedly at Newcastle airport, bound for private jet (not helicopter) to Liverpool. Source close to his agent

ffs , could be jackanory

Can someone please call in a bomb threat to the airport?