West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He'll be only be cheaper than Cristiano, Zlatan, Zidane and Kaka. What a list. :lol:

Thats bizarre enough on its own.

Let alone when you consider how quickly hes reached this valuation, quickest rise in value in history by far

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

IF I was AC i'd be going to Liverpool and wanting at least £125k a week.  If the club are prepared to smash the transfer record for a british player i'd want them to pay me wages to match so would want to be paid the same as the likes of Gerrard etc.

That's the next thing like.

£40m fee.

Hours left to agree a contract. Liverpool will be throwing huge money at him just so he'll sign.

If we have to match the Rats salary offer to keep Carroll we should. Isn't Ashley worth a lot more money than the Liverpool owner anyhow? If this goes through I'm going to see a psychiatrist and have this ridiculous illogical love and support for NUFC removed from my psych and replaced with support for a club that is well run, ambitious and might one day win something, which means just about any other club in existence.

Guest neesy111

If we had a replacement of decent quality ready to sign, then 40M is too good.

But the questions of whether pardew will see the money will be speculated on and probably be true.  So still NO Deal Noel.

Guest toonlass

I'm just gutted tbh. I know £40 million is a lot of money but it just feels shite. Selling a local lad, no replacement looking likely. Just gutted man.

Guest neesy111

Liverpool mugged :smug:

Ashley :smug:

Losing Carroll :(

If Carroll fulfils his potential and delivers for the next 10 years, have Liverpool really been mugged?

Nope.

If he becomes as good as he could, £40m is barely worth having. We'll only piss it away when Liverpool could have England's very best striker on the books for the next five years.

We don't need to sell him. We really don't need to. I still wouldn't, even for that price.

We dont and I agree. But if the football markets inflation goes back to a healthy level and clubs realise it then he will most likely to never be worth that much. It's just ridiculous how he cant be bought for that kind of money.

We once again appear to leaving a January transfer window considerably weaker than when we entered it. There's no justification whatsoever.

Surely we couldnt have anticipated anyone bidding nearly 40 mil for carroll though!

£35-40mill probs wont get anywhere near 40 as i bet the add-ons would be like finish top 4 or something which they probably won't but still if it is like 37-38 its a hell of alot of money and IF its reinvested wisely with players abroad for cheap like tiote ben arfa could see us progress well but obviously the more likely scenario is we will buy crap and sink further and further down. my heart says stay head says its alot to turn down for a newly promoted club this season.