West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Other things the tribunal cleared up are:

* Keegan was never offered a chance to settle for £4m as reported in the press.

* The club admitted at the tribunal that it intentionally misled the press, public and fans of Newcastle.

* The clubs claim that Keegan used the Nacho incident as a convenient excuse to walk out was not true.

Quoting this for everyone who has eaten up the official line today.

- Andy Carroll put in a transfer request.

Spin it, speculate all you like, that's the fact.

Who have been our better YOUNG players in recent years

Milner

NZog

Carroll

Where are they all now?

Thats what you call building for the future

That's the way it goes when you are not a top team. Get used to it.

Exactly.

How come everyone is so eager to believe the official line in this story? Look at all the major things that have happened to this club over the past 3 years, look at the official line and tell me that it's been an accurate narrative of what actually transpired. Look at KK's firing. Look at the Milner s***. Look at Hughton's sacking. Look at Pardew's appointment. For f***'s sake, Golfmag had posted that it was planned for weeks in advance, yet the official line never mentioned it. Ashley might seem dumb but he's not.

If Carroll hasn't handed in a transfer request then we'll find out.

How many times has the 'official line' been proven to be absolutely false, though? Ask yourself that, and then ask yourself how everyone involved in this whole transfer saga comes out smelling like roses to the people they want to smell like roses to, and surely you have to be somewhat suspicious. If you're not, like I said, you're incredibly naive.

I'll ask again, why would Carroll go along with it? Or is that too naive of a question for you to answer?

Money up front. Agent pressure. Who knows.

Exactly.

How come everyone is so eager to believe the official line in this story? Look at all the major things that have happened to this club over the past 3 years, look at the official line and tell me that it's been an accurate narrative of what actually transpired. Look at KK's firing. Look at the Milner s***. Look at Hughton's sacking. Look at Pardew's appointment. For f***'s sake, Golfmag had posted that it was planned for weeks in advance, yet the official line never mentioned it. Ashley might seem dumb but he's not.

Because Andy Carroll handed in the transfer request, Andy Carroll is on his way to Liverpool to discuss terms.

Yes we probably could have done more, but the suggestion that the transfer request was anything other than Carroll having his head turned is madness. He ultimately made the decision to leave, not Ashley.

Yeah, and we seriously considered appointing Martin Jol before settling on Pardew.

I don't disagree that he wants and is probably happy to leave now. I disagree with the official sequence of events, and I disagree with the reason that people believe he handed in a transfer request.

* The club admitted at the tribunal that it intentionally misled the press, public and fans of Newcastle.

* The club’s claim that Keegan used the Nacho incident as a ‘convenient excuse’ to walk out was not true.

Couldn't agree more, feel so let down by the lad it is untrue, Man U, Chelsea would have made me sick but could at least see the logic, but why go to the  has been scousers????? Money talking yet again I am afraid.

How many times has the 'official line' been proven to be absolutely false, though? Ask yourself that, and then ask yourself how everyone involved in this whole transfer saga comes out smelling like roses to the people they want to smell like roses to, and surely you have to be somewhat suspicious. If you're not, like I said, you're incredibly naive.

I'll ask again, why would Carroll go along with it? Or is that too naive of a question for you to answer?

Exactly.

Because Andy Carroll handed in the transfer request, Andy Carroll is on his way to Liverpool to discuss terms.

Yes we probably could have done more, but the suggestion that the transfer request was anything other than Carroll having his head turned is madness. He ultimately made the decision to leave, not Ashley.

Yup, people are finding it hard to believe, but the kid just wants out.  It's shit for us to lose one of our own, but time will heal.  Hate that it's fucking Liverpool, though. 

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

how much are we getting now?

10 mp paid over 10 years, 10 mp after starting 100 times for Liverpool , 10 mp after 50 England caps and the last 5 mp after 100 England caps.

* The clubs claim that Keegan used the Nacho incident as a convenient excuse to walk out was not true.

And if he did for extra money and to be part of Ashley's 'plan', he's a much bigger cunt than he would be for doing it for football reasons.

In the heat of the moment i.e. now, it's unsurprising some people have instinctively gone for the Club's hierarchy, on the back of supposed past crimes, as the villains here and it may well transpire that they have played a decisive role in events. To me however, the overriding feeling would be one of betrayal and the main source of anger would be towards Carroll and his act of treachery. He has, it seems, turned his back on the club he consistently claimed he loved and wanted to stay at; a club he signed a long-term contract with in the very recent past. Coercion may have occurred but when you hear that the best thing to come out of NUFC in years has requested he wants to leave to a club who, despite being big in stature are low on current prestige, you can't get away from Carroll's role here.

It is clear emotions will understandably be running high for the foreseeable future but I think he has let you down in a way few would have predicted. Call Ashley and his gang what you want (and I know it's hard to talk in truths as it stands but speculation is the only thing we can go on here) - but for me, the inescapable conclusion is this: 'AC9' has betrayed you.

Given the lack of abition that ashley shows, i thin carroll may have done the best thing.

maybe even shearer advised him to join team dalglish

He was showing ambition by refusing an offer that's well above what Carroll is really worth, so Carroll decides he'll leave because of lack of ambition?  Its a contradiction mate, and just another way to try to defend the lad.

Exactly.

Yeah, and we seriously considered appointing Martin Jol before settling on Pardew.

I don't disagree that he wants and is probably happy to leave now. I disagree with the official sequence of events, and I disagree with the reason that people believe he handed in a transfer request.

Seriously man, what has that got to do with anything?

Exactly.

If Carroll hasn't handed in a transfer request then we'll find out.

I think he's handed in a transfer request, but he didn't push this deal through. It was all done before. The transfer request is just to complete the PR shit.