West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it just me or does anyone else not think that’s this does not add up?

5:15 Andy hands in a transfer request that is immediately granted then and 5:30 a fee has been agreed?  Has the club been tempted to accept the earlier bids but would feel like idiots after saying so strongly that he is not for sale?  Does anyone else not think that Andy has been given a back hander to hand his request in to protect the board and understand that they had to sell him and make a tidy profit which lets face it we will not see?

Its very similar to the way Given left, and IIRC Milner

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

FUCK!  Liverpool are going to be £15m up with a better striker.

And I bet the £35m goes straight into Ashleys skyrocket prior to him selling up.

Nah, they've spent £14m on Charlie Adam.

Guest sombrero

It will be interesting to see how long it is till he's fit to play for them.

Gut feeling is that he will play against Chelsea and the thigh injury was never what it has been made out to be.

Btw, i dont know if this is obvious or not, but sky sports showing caroll walking just fine!, you wouldn't walk perfectly fine and quickly if you had a muscle tear in your thigh would you? Therefore he was never injured.

What are the conspiracy theorists going to do if Carroll doesn't come out and contradict the club's claim that he handed in a transfer request? As surely if he hasn't, he'd want to set that straight.

Also, can they please make their minds up about whether Ashley's an idiot or an evil genius, he' can't be both, you know.

Finally, for those talking about lack of ambition. If we're lacking ambition, then what the fuck does that say about Liverpool who are getting rid of Fernando fucking Torres!!! :o and replacing him with Andy fucking Carroll!  :cheesy:

He'll have been paid enough money and signed enough agreements to not come out and set the record straight.

Then fuck him, why would you wan't to keep a player happy to sell his soul like that.

Because that means that he's no different to 99% of footballers in the world, and he's an excellent footballer and will be hard to replace. I would sell, anyway, but not now. We should have agreed everything and signed all the papers but transferred him over in the summer.

Why would Liverpool agree to that, they need him now.

As for the bolded bit - I wouldn't choose to sell anyway, now or in the summer, at any price. But then I'm a romantic and had hoped he'd have helped his hometown club, and not have his head turned by the fucking scousers. Once that happened, it's all about getting the most we can for him, which I think we have done.

Opposed to your thinking, I don't believe that we forced him out.

If I were a Liverpool fan, I'd be livid with this.

That they're leaving the transfer window far, far stronger than they were on Jan 1st?

Yeah, livid. Clueless.

Whereas we are leaving it far weaker - currently 3 players down an dour best player gone.  And virtually all of the lower half teams have strengthened.

It's Jan 09 all over again, but worse.

And some are actually defending Ashley. Laughable.

There's a big difference between defending someone, and not blaming them for something that isn't their fault.

You don't think we could have easily kept him? He wanted the money, man.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Gut feeling is that he will play against Chelsea and the thigh injury was never what it has been made out to be.

Btw, i dont know if this is obvious or not, but sky sports showing caroll walking just fine!, you wouldn't walk perfectly fine and quickly if you had a muscle tear in your thigh would you? Therefore he was never injured.

Tbf, didn't Pardew say he only struggled when kicking the ball?

Ronaldo - £80m

Ibrahimovic - £56.5m

Kaka - £56m

Zidane - £45m

Figo - £37m

Crespo - £35.5m

Add Torres to Chelsea today, the only transfers in the history of football that have cost more than Carroll (and I imagine this fee will overtake Figo & Crespo after the add-ons). It's mental money man.

So what man? Even if he was the most expensive? So fucking what?

I think that he only experienced a problem when he was running, therefore couldn't do much training.

Putting in a transfer request is fairly usual in deals like this, Carroll's contract probably states that if he was sold without requesting it a sizable portion of the fee would go to him. As he will be certainly looking at a wage increase with this new deal anyway, his putting in a transfer request would be a formality to smooth over any objections from NUFC to him getting a cut of sale money and to help the deal go through.

£35 million is a lot of money even now, but after the financial fair play rules come in a a couple of years it could look like a huge sum. If there is going to be a deflation in fees, the size of this could well be something people look back on with wonder. Or, of course, his potential might be not be fulfilled, and he is regarded as F. Jeffers Mk2 anyway.

FUCK!  Liverpool are going to be £15m up with a better striker.

And I bet the £35m goes straight into Ashleys skyrocket prior to him selling up.

Are you INSANE!!!!!!!!!!..........Carroll isnt fit to lace Torres boots give yourself a shake

Got to love the delusion of people thinking this money will be reinvested in the squad to a decent degree. I'll be stunned if we make any signing over £8m for the foreseeable future. A fee of £10m+ means big wages and then the rest of the squad want increases etc etc.

Not going to happen.

I don't trust Pardew to spend it wisely anyway. The jobs fucked all the way round.

That they're leaving the transfer window far, far stronger than they were on Jan 1st?

Yeah, livid. Clueless.

Whereas we are leaving it far weaker - currently 3 players down an dour best player gone.  And virtually all of the lower half teams have strengthened.

There's a big difference between defending someone, and not blaming them for something that isn't their fault.

He's building the new Arsenal man..

Yeah, livid. Clueless.

He also rejected Liverpool's bid. If he wanted it that badly, he wouldn't have rejected it.

I'll be stunned if we make any signing over £8m for the foreseeable future.

I'll be more stunned if we don't hear of the losses the club is making, debt, hidden debt etc. before being told we haven't got a pot to piss in again this summer and start scraping under the barrel for shit Bosmans.

No-one speculating on the role of the agent here.. wonder how much he's pocketed out of this deal. Not suggesting it's all down to him but it's another factor in the mix and without disrespecting Carroll too much I don't think he's the sharpest tool in the box.

I'm almost sure that Carroll will have also been on the phone to Nolan for advice.