West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How many times has the 'official line' been proven to be absolutely false, though? Ask yourself that, and then ask yourself how everyone involved in this whole transfer saga comes out smelling like roses to the people they want to smell like roses to, and surely you have to be somewhat suspicious. If you're not, like I said, you're incredibly naive.

I'll ask again, why would Carroll go along with it? Or is that too naive of a question for you to answer?

Money up front. Agent pressure. Who knows.

Exactly.

How come everyone is so eager to believe the official line in this story? Look at all the major things that have happened to this club over the past 3 years, look at the official line and tell me that it's been an accurate narrative of what actually transpired. Look at KK's firing. Look at the Milner s***. Look at Hughton's sacking. Look at Pardew's appointment. For f***'s sake, Golfmag had posted that it was planned for weeks in advance, yet the official line never mentioned it. Ashley might seem dumb but he's not.

I don't believe the official line at all.

If Ashley did not want to sell this would have all been ended this morning.  He was obviously encouraging a higher bid.

How many times has the 'official line' been proven to be absolutely false, though? Ask yourself that, and then ask yourself how everyone involved in this whole transfer saga comes out smelling like roses to the people they want to smell like roses to, and surely you have to be somewhat suspicious. If you're not, like I said, you're incredibly naive.

I'll ask again, why would Carroll go along with it? Or is that too naive of a question for you to answer?

Exactly.

How come everyone is so eager to believe the official line in this story? Look at all the major things that have happened to this club over the past 3 years, look at the official line and tell me that it's been an accurate narrative of what actually transpired. Look at KK's firing. Look at the Milner s***. Look at Hughton's sacking. Look at Pardew's appointment. For f***'s sake, Golfmag had posted that it was planned for weeks in advance, yet the official line never mentioned it. Ashley might seem dumb but he's not.

Because Andy Carroll handed in the transfer request, Andy Carroll is on his way to Liverpool to discuss terms.

Yes we probably could have done more, but the suggestion that the transfer request was anything other than Carroll having his head turned is madness. He ultimately made the decision to leave, not Ashley.

Totally agree Jonny. Unless someone shows me proof that Carroll didn't hand in a transfer request, we have to assume that the club did all it could to keep Carroll.

I'm not worryied about being a selling club, if we are then so are Man Utd and almost every other club in the world, it's just a shame to lose a local lad.

Why are people even fucking speculating he hasn't handed one in or he was forced to? Jesus titty christ!

Because the overwhelming desire is to abuse Ashley in some form for this turn of events.

Guest guinness_fiend

In the heat of the moment i.e. now, it's unsurprising some people have instinctively gone for the Club's hierarchy, on the back of supposed past crimes, as the villains here and it may well transpire that they have played a decisive role in events. To me however, the overriding feeling would be one of betrayal and the main source of anger would be towards Carroll and his act of treachery. He has, it seems, turned his back on the club he consistently claimed he loved and wanted to stay at; a club he signed a long-term contract with in the very recent past. Coercion may have occurred but when you hear that the best thing to come out of NUFC in years has requested he wants to leave to a club who, despite being big in stature are low on current prestige, you can't get away from Carroll's role here.

It is clear emotions will understandably be running high for the foreseeable future but I think he has let you down in a way few would have predicted. Call Ashley and his gang what you want but (and I know it's hard to talk in truths as it stands but speculation is the only thing we can go on here) - but for me, the inescapable conclusion is this: 'AC9' has betrayed you.

Waffletastic, but I agree wholeheartedly!

Exactly.

Because Andy Carroll handed in the transfer request, Andy Carroll is on his way to Liverpool to discuss terms.

Yes we probably could have done more, but the suggestion that the transfer request was anything other than Carroll having his head turned is madness. He ultimately made the decision to leave, not Ashley.

Totally agree Jonny. Unless someone shows me proof that Carroll didn't hand in a transfer request, we have to assume that the club did all it could to keep Carroll.

I'm not worryied about being a selling club, if we are then so are Man Utd and almost every other club in the world, it's just a shame to lose a local lad.

Exactly. People are using the anger/emotion of losing one of our brightest prospects and the general animosity towards Ashley to have a go.

It's an unfortunate turn of events, but ultimately he's had his head turned and decided his future lies away from the club.

Now I know how my dad felt in the 80's when we were selling Gazza, Pedro and Waddle.

Absolutely sickening.

Gazza's the best comparison. Hardly on the scene 5 minutes and whisked off. NE5 was right when he said that it was only under Shepherd when this sort of shit didnt happen.

Why are people even f***ing speculating he hasn't handed one in or he was forced to? Jesus titty christ!

I doubt Andy could be forced to do anything like betray the hometown club. as neil stated AC9 has betrayed us the fans.

Now I know how my dad felt in the 80's when we were selling Gazza, Pedro and Waddle.

Absolutely sickening.

Gazza's the best comparison. Hardly on the scene 5 minutes and whisked off. NE5 was right when he said that it was only under Shepherd when this sort of s*** didnt happen.

Woodgate to Real Madrid?

Carroll obviously has handed in a transfer request. What's behind that request is what folk are disputing.

When they should be more worried about where the money goes.  He's fucking gone, time to call on the fat cunt to spend that money. 

To be fair, even if true why would he want to do that? He'd be effectively telling his new employers and their fans that he didn't want to go there.

Signing a contract with them might tell them that he did want to go there, he doesn't need to request a transfer to prove that he wanted to sign for them if he'd actually done it.

Carroll obviously has handed in a transfer request. What's behind that request is what folk are disputing.

Personally, I'm keen to find out from the horse's mouth what really motivated him to leave Newcastle. I can't help thinking there's a lot more to this that we don't know about (concerning his personal circumstances) that will have combined with the chance to make big bucks with a club that has in recent years had a great deal more success than we have.

Only then will I know how I really feel about this situation. Others have already got him hung, drawn and quartered as a Judas to the cause. Thing is, you don't know what else may have been at play here, other than money obviously...