West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Andy Carroll is worth £35M in today's market, what is Tiote worth? Or Barton? Or Enrique????

ffs dont let mike read that

He'll already have done the sums long ago.

yep- he will already know the value of his squad and revenue projections/ what he has paid out, and where that breaks even.  Getting 35 million for carrol has just helped him along that road.

If Andy Carroll is worth £35M in today's market, what is Tiote worth? Or Barton? Or Enrique????

£10m; £5m; £8m.

£26m, £14m, £28m

Have used the Lescott factor in those calculations.

Interesting. I'd have said that those three players are better and more important players than Andy Carroll, but your valuations don't seem to reflect that.

Basic: £10m

Striker: +£5m

English: +£10m

Young: +£10m

Carroll: £35m

Who knows?

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Well if we signed Dempsey atleast our Yank supporters (and Kaizero aka plastic Yank) would  enjoy the rest of the day with permanent erections.

That would be awesome.  As con-FIRM-ed by my boner. 

Watching him walk around the training ground with a big fuck off smug grin on his face just makes me even more pissed off about the whole thing.

Then you find out all those idiots are still outside SJP, Christ.

Well if we signed Dempsey atleast our Yank supporters (and Kaizero aka plastic Yank) would  enjoy the rest of the day with permanent erections.

That would be awesome.  As con-FIRM-ed by my boner. 

:lol: It would.

edit: It wood.

Guest elbee909

"Nice to see people already getting stuck into Carroll on the basis of what we've spent on the lad. Best fans in the world of course!"

;D

Yeah, that's what it's all about, of course.  Like I say, different tune when it was Gerrard on the cusp of leaving for Chelsea, wasn't it.

The funny thing is, well not really funny, but anyway. If in the summer Ashley goes about and spends 35 million on players, he'll be looked on as really giving it back to the fans, whereas in reality he's Net spent nowt, and in any other window a Net spend of nothing would be considered being tight. So in essence he gets one free transfer window, and lets be honest most people will be happy if we spend 20 -25 million in the summer.

I think Ashley's a prize dick, but very few people would have turned down £35m for Carroll.

I'm much more disappointed in the player for not saying he wouldn't go.

His agent, who let's face it is the person who really made this happen, seems to be getting off very lightly in the vitriol stakes.