West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He wanted out.

well, let's see what the next few days press conferences reveal shall we?  he's already stated publicly he was "forced out" right?

If he handed in a transfer request he hasn't got a leg to stand on as far as I'm concerned. I doubt anyone held a gun to his head and forced him to submit the request.

If he didn't then that changes things, naturally, but it'd be insane from Ashley to claim he put in a transfer request if he didn't. Not like people wouldn't find out the truth pretty quickly.

on a basic level i agree with you, if you're boiling it right down that far - he requested therefore he's to blame

keegan & hughton (iirc) have both stated how disgraceful the club is ran behind closed doors and they've been found in court to be liars and manipulators of every situation going

i won't believe Carroll forced this on his own until it comes out of his own mouth

He's obviously not going to come out and say he wanted away though is he? It'll be in his interests to say he was forced out, because he knows that there's enough suspicion towards Ashley that a lot of people will side with him.

He wanted out.

well, let's see what the next few days press conferences reveal shall we?  he's already stated publicly he was "forced out" right?

If he handed in a transfer request he hasn't got a leg to stand on as far as I'm concerned. I doubt anyone held a gun to his head and forced him to submit the request.

If he didn't then that changes things, naturally, but it'd be insane from Ashley to claim he put in a transfer request if he didn't. Not like people wouldn't find out the truth pretty quickly.

on a basic level i agree with you, if you're boiling it right down that far - he requested therefore he's to blame

keegan & hughton (iirc) have both stated how disgraceful the club is ran behind closed doors and they've been found in court to be liars and manipulators of every situation going

i won't believe Carroll forced this on his own until it comes out of his own mouth

He's obviously not going to come out and say he wanted away though is he? It'll be in his interests to say he was forced out, because he knows that there's enough suspicion towards Ashley that a lot of people will side with him.

yeah PR works both ways, i know that, it's just that one side of this have been proven in a court of law to be liars and cheats with specific respect to NUFC so right now i'm inclined not to side with them

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/174671/Andy-Carroll-I-was-forced-out-of-Newcastle/

Just found this, I know a lot will agree but i'm not so sure!

Just look at that photo.

“Gutted to be leaving but I was kind of pushed out the door”

“Just what I’ve just said really. Gutted to be leaving my home club but I was practically told to go."

he'll really need to elaborate on this shit for me not to hate him like, only thing that springs to mind that would work is "we'll never increase your wages if you don't take it" and/or "we'll make you rot in the reserves if you don't take it"

neither of which seem very plausible really :(

Guest palnese

Here is a transcript of the texts that i made and received.

Sunday 30th January 14:37

SW: Are you leaving mate?

AC: I\'m not going anywhere mate.

Monday 31st January 16:28

SW: Liverpool in for you mate. Any truth in that?

AC: Dunno what\'s happening yet still mate. Thanks.

17:02

SW: Sky Sports say it\'s a matter of time mate. What\'s club said?

AC: they have kind of said we don\'t want u but want me to say I wanna go. And I said I don\'t want to go.

17:26

SW: Have you put in a transfer request?

AC: No I didn\'t that\'s what I mean that\'s what they wanted me to do and I said no.

17:27

SW: So they want you to go?

AC: They said they wanted to accept it.

17:28

SW: So you have no choice?

AC: Looks like it.

17:31

SW: Your agent will be doing ok out of this. When you going?

AC: I don\'t know mate. Gutted tho.

17:32

SW: Any message you want put across to the fans? I\'m happy to do that for you mate.

AC: They said they wanted the money.

17:37

SW: Anything else?

AC: Gutted to be leaving Newcastle but I was kind of pushed out the door.

17:41

SW: That it?

AC: Just what i\'ve just said really. Gutted to be leaving my home club but I was practically told to go. Didn\'t want to leave that\'s why i signed a 5 year deal.

17:47

SW: I will pass these onto the press lads I know.

AC: Sound mate.

17:56

SW: Can you give press lads a call to do an interview when deal done?

AC: I will yeah. I will speak to him later. Bit busy atm mate.

Guest palnese

He didn't have to leave ffs.

Ashley wanted the money, which I can understand, but at the end of the day it was Carroll's choice to leave. He can fuck right off.

No offence, but even if he did want way, why would he want to go to Liverpool? A CL team like Arsenal I could understand, but Liverpool? With ManYoo, Arsenal, Citeh, Chelsea still with money, and Spuds chasing, the door looks all but locked. Liverpool have weaknesses all over the pitch, starting with their two center halves.

Carroll could simply bide his time and wait for a big club to come in. Looks like he's been pushed.

He had a five year contract, he did not in any way have to go. I don't doubt Cashley and Co would've wanted the money, but in the end Carroll could just tell them he'd not leave if he didn't want to. I don't think the players or Pardew would have been opposed to him staying.

Unless of course he was blackmailed to leave. But that's a bit too sensationalist even for us. As far as i'm concerned Carroll is a cunt, but Cashley and Co are even bigger cunts.

No offence, but even if he did want way, why would he want to go to Liverpool? A CL team like Arsenal I could understand, but Liverpool? With ManYoo, Arsenal, Citeh, Chelsea still with money, and Spuds chasing, the door looks all but locked. Liverpool have weaknesses all over the pitch, starting with their two center halves.

Carroll could simply bide his time and wait for a big club to come in. Looks like he's been pushed.

err then maybe he could have rejected the personal terms and fuck it up?

Can't direct my anger at anyone other than Carroll over this tbh.

35m for a player who has had 6 months of good top flight football and has had numerous run ins with the law and is known for generally being a bit of a loose cannon is a very difficult deal to turn down.

That said, my guess is that Ashley was willing to do that if Carroll wanted to stay.

He put the decision in Carroll's hands, and Carroll told us all to f*** off and followed the money. Hope the c*** turns out to be the next Michael Ricketts, mercenary w*****.

I don't understand why you have to be angry at anyone. Ashley did what you would expect any club owner to do. Carroll did what you would expect any footballer to do. If anything, my anger lies with Torres/Liverpool/Chelsea for distorting the situation to a ridiculous degree. Even then, I can't be angry with the success of others. Mostly, just disappointed with the situation and how quickly this chapter of NUFC's history has unfolded. As always, I am looking forward.

Aye, angry is probably not the right word.

I was sad more than anything when it broke.

Angry is pretty much spot on it for me. Mostly because I consider Liverpool to be lightyears behind the top clubs in this league (and not just on recent form) - if it had been Man Utd or Chelsea coming in for him, I could have at least understood Carroll's motivation for it. Will be absolutely sickening seeing him in a Liverpool strip.

I fully expected him to be sold for a lot less than £35M though, knowing the brigade we have in charge.

Guest sicko2ndbest

As sick as I feel this could be the best thing for the club since keegan

If and I know it's a big if! The money is reinvested well with 3 or 4 players to compliment what we have left eg 2 top strikers a top winger, we really could be top 6 next year

35m is a ton of money I just can't see us being better off with it rather than the player.  7m for Cole felt like a lot, 12m for Milner felt like a lot.

Rooney put in transfer request, Tevez put in a transfer request, Adams puts in a transfer request.  The teams with ambitions fought for their player.  We could have built our team around him for the next 10 years.  He could have been our Shearer/Le Tissier/Steve Bull/Scholes type player.  I really think if the club had said to him your our future we don't want to sell you he'd still be a Newcastle player.

Really pretty gutted this morning.