West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We got a better striker for free ffs.

Tbf we've clearly landed on our feet with that one, touch wood.  It's a mixed bag with our transfer policy, who knows how good our side would have looked if we'd spent a bit of money rather than going cheap with Obertan.

Actually I'm just proving your fucking point here about there being better value aren't I Sewelly, you absolute bastard. :lol:

We got a better striker for free ffs.

Tbf we've clearly landed on our feet with that one, touch wood.  It's a mixed bag with our transfer policy, who knows how good our side would have looked if we'd spent a bit of money rather than going cheap with Obertan.

Actually I'm just proving your fucking point here about there being better value aren't I Sewelly, you absolute bastard. :lol:

Yeah, clearly we're gonna get some stinkers. Then again I (and the club, apparently) wanted N'Zogbia who cost 3 times as much and he's been about as good as Obertan by all accounts.

My main gripe with not spending is leaving us with such a thin squad.

N'Zogbia's a weird one, it's pretty inexplicable that he hasn't done better.  Different circumstances and he might have carried on where he left off at Wigan.  He must just be in a huff.

McLeish is a factor for N'Zogbia underperforming these days really.

Playing him on the wrong flank might be the ultimate reason IMO.

N'Zogbia has always been a direct, selfish, one-good-game-in-five type player and he flourished last season because Martinez basically let him cut inside and do what he wanted. I think it might be that he'll never be able to play in different systems and maybe this is why he can't get in the France side. :dontknow:

I'd have still loved him back.

I still think Obertan is very capable of doing the job he SHOULD have been brought in to do (and I said this at the time).

Happy to have Obertan here but only if Barton stayed or we signed another right winger. I quite like Obertan if I'm honest, just don't think he is ready to be the clear first choice right winger.

He's an upgrade on Routledge, very quick, has some good skills/technique but just not and possibly will never be good enough to be relied upon as a first choice player. Very effective off the bench however.

I still think Obertan is very capable of doing the job he SHOULD have been brought in to do (and I said this at the time).

Happy to have Obertan here but only if Barton stayed or we signed another right winger. I quite like Obertan if I'm honest, just don't think he is ready to be the clear first choice right winger.

He's an upgrade on Routledge, very quick, has some good skills/technique but just not and possibly will never be good enough to be relied upon as a first choice player. Very effective off the bench however.

:nope:

Routledge has become massively overrated on here since he left like. Particularly by Ronaldo.

I liked him while he was here and thought that he should have been given more of a chance.

He's scored like 1 goal in over 100 top flight games, and that was one that deflected off him.

He's coming up for 27 and has done absolutely fuck all in the Premier League. He's had enough chances.

Agree with Cajun in the sense I'm perfectly happy to have Obertan as a squad player.  Really disappointing to see him starting every week though.

I'm actually being quite level-headed there for me because I hate him as a player, just think he could be useful here and there away from home.