West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's scored like 1 goal in over 100 top flight games, and that was one that deflected off him.

He's coming up for 27 and has done absolutely f*** all in the Premier League. He's had enough chances.

Obertan has played a quarter of that and he's still waiting for the ball to hit is arse anywhere near the opposition goal.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Routledge = championship player

Good signing for the promotion push, useless in the premier league.

Obertan = unbelievably frustrating but has sufficiently good raw materials to be worth persevering with - and he's still young. Totally agree he's a pain in the arse to watch, and I'll probs hate him at the match on sat, but the ability we've fleetingly seen gives him some leeway. Dunno when the cut-off point comes though, two good games this season is a disappointing return

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Useless is Alan Smith. Routledge proved to be very useful on a number of occasions in the Premier League last season, and has indeed repeated this for Swansea in two games I've witnessed in the last couple of months.

Totally disagree, Routledge has failed at numerous premier league clubs and excelled in the championship. He's one of those players who would be great in a championship premier or something! He fits in the same category as someone like Chopra or Michael Tonge

Tiote and co really need to be reminded of this move when thinking about their future. Grass isn't always greener.

I don't think that even comes into it anymore, I can't ever envisage a situation where we accept a big money offer for a player and they stubbornly refuse to leave the club as a matter of principle.

Tiote and co really need to be reminded of this move when thinking about their future. Grass isn't always greener.

I don't think that even comes into it anymore, I can't ever envisage a situation where we accept a big money offer for a player and they stubbornly refuse to leave the club as a matter of principle.

I bet that's only happened about 6 times in the history of football TBH.

Guest johnson293

Nicked from another forum, who got it from Football365...

Patients from Alder Hey Childrens Hospital paid a visit to Liverpool 'striker' Andy Carroll this week in an attempt to deliver some festive cheer to those less fortunate.

The group, led by Staff Nurse Ray Sissums, visited Anfield on Tuesday, the day after Liverpool were lucky to escape with a point from a league match against high-flying Wigan.

The club believes the experience will help keep its thirty five million pound master of knock-ons and holding the ball up in good spirits, standing him in good stead for the future.

It said: "All of the children and staff have been absolutely fantastic and I am very pleased and grateful to them.

"What we are trying to do with expensive Championship-level players is give them different experiences. Andy's a good lad, as long as we're not talking about footballing ability.

"He mixed in with the kids and even had a fun game of 'three and in' with some of the wheelchair-bound children. Unfortunately he spent most of the afternoon in goal which kind of defeated the purpose.

"We would like them to visit here more and it would be nice to do an end of season visit as well, so we are going to speak to the staff here as we expect morale to be low around then.

"The staff at Alder Hey are absolutely fantastic and we all recognise just what a wonderful job they all do in putting a smile on the faces of the disadvantaged.

Julia Harvey, an 8 year-old leukemia patient was part of the visiting group. She said 'It was lovely to see Andy as we realise this Christmas, the rest of the season and his career will be difficult for him. To see him smile when some of the younger boys had a kick-about with him was wonderful.'

'He couldn't score in a barrel of fannies, mind.'"

:lol:

curious

BBCSport_Agent BBC Football Agent

It is my understanding that very tentative talks have been held between parties acting on behalf of LFC & NUFC regarding Andy Carroll.

Don't know how I'd feel if he actually came back.