West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Bit of a non-starter for me

He scored a huge pay rise when he left and there is no way that I can see us coming close to matching what he 'earns' now

If Racistpool are desperate to get rid and will pay 50% of his wages then maybe but not remotly likely to happen

:lol:

I think that should be used in the match preview thread title

This

I was well against his sale and still don't think we've benefitted from it on the pitch, but I'm really not sure I'd want him back. Apart from anything, I'd much rather buy someone who was in any kind of form.

It's a load of bollocks anyway.

Wouldn't have him back. We've moved on and so has he.

neither of us have, we haven't replaced him and he hasn't settled. That isn't moving on like.

Moved on in the sense that I wouldn't put him in our first XI right now and he's a shadow of his former self.

He wouldn't play well alongside Ba and he wouldn't play second fiddle.

I don't see why Ba couldn't play off Carroll tbh, plus the football isn't any better regardless of what Pardew reckons.

He lost his mojo playing for a club he feels fuk all for, it would happen to me as well, he didn't realise what he had here and regrets leaving more and more as every game passes. We could get him back on track, and it's almost certain he'll not be leaving again, he'll know the grass ain't greener.

It's not going to happen so need point in even discussing it really........however I agree that for what it'd cost to bring him back we'd be better off signing other strikers at a fraction of the price although back at Newcastle I could see him scoring goals.

It's been an unmitigated disaster for Liverpool up to this point though and the only thing that is helping the Carroll situation is that there is an even bigger disaster going on with Torres at Chelsea.

Guest sicko2ndbest

What is he currently worth?

On current showing no more than 5 million!

Would stay well clear unless the deal was too good to turn down!

Carroll's no Demba Ba but he'd walk back into the side.

Best has been better this season...and that's not paying Best a compliment.

So what? Carroll's still a good striker who'd probably do a great job in our side.

Doesn't look like one at the moment. You reckon he'd drop straight back in and start performing again?

Carroll's no Demba Ba but he'd walk back into the side.

Best has been better this season...and that's not paying Best a compliment.

So what? Carroll's still a good striker who'd probably do a great job in our side.

Not too sure myself. Don't think he's what we need right now whatsoever.