West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't feel sorry for someone who earns as much as he does.

The treatment he got today was expected, and was not distasteful. It's all a part of being a modern day footballer. He surely must have expected it, and at the very least had people around him at his club who will have warned him it would happen.

All part and parcel.

While the LFC team bus heads back to the slums minus a mentally broken Carroll we should have a £5m bid waiting for them on their return for him...and txt him let him know we've put the bid in, sit back and watch the sparks fly.

They'd be mad not to accept it.  :lol:

Guest ThievingMagpie

Still love Andy Carroll, lived not too far from me in Gateshead and he rightfully got slated by everyone because he took the money. A fair few of us probably would have if we really were in the situation but he's a victim of both circumstance (the price, timing etc) and his greed.

No.  :neutral:

The perspective of a fan vs a professional footballer are streets apart, hence why I said in the same position. We're supporters we have an unreasonable and probably illogical love and passion for a club that has done nothing but disappoint. Say if I was actually a professional footballer and not some punter down in a pub league, I doubt that my boyhood love of United would really matter because I'd be a professional and would look at the deal in the best sense for me, and my pocket. The fact that he didn't feel Newcastle would compete at a high level said it all about how Mike Ashley had lost long servants of the club because his vision for the club just wasn't something they were buying. Let me say it again: £35,000,000 (plus a £12,000 penalty for a late payment) and we would have looked even bigger idiots for not taking it, the problem was that I think it was a January selling and that probably sent a bad message to a lot of players that the club were not ambitious and had no real plans going forward. I think in hindsight yeah we can see why you would do it but at the time it must have seemed like a huge white flag was waved by the club so a lot of players decided it was time to jump ship or take a little more time in signing contracts to see what it actually meant. I applaud those that stayed because they managed to see where the club was going but I hold no real hatred for anyone who left because it seemed like the club was just going to sell off people left, right and centre. Football is just as much a business as it is sport.

Sympathy??]

Fucking hell. He tried to con us by diving then acted like a twat the rest of the game, rolling round, crying on, basically acting like a bin dipper. Fuck him. When he plays against us he's a scouser not a Geordie. Fuck him.

Funny today to an extent, but I take limited pleasure in one of our own being taken apart. Dalglish left the lad out to dry today and his confidence will be rock bottom.  For a year for us he was brilliant and played a huge part in us getting back on our feet after the likes of Owen, Viduka and Oba had got us relegated.

Genuinely hopes he moves on from Liverpool and gets his career back on track.

Stopped being "one of our own" when he moved at his own accord. You can understand why given the money involved, but the dive today was the act of a prized arsehole.

Have to admit, I ripped him to shreds with the rest of the crowd today but started to feel kind of sorry for him about five minutes before he went off - everything that could have went wrong for him, did.

He's been royally f***ing screwed and was left out to dry today :lol:

Funny today to an extent, but I take limited pleasure in one of our own being taken apart. Dalglish left the lad out to dry today and his confidence will be rock bottom.  For a year for us he was brilliant and played a huge part in us getting back on our feet after the likes of Owen, Viduka and Oba had got us relegated.

Genuinely hopes he moves on from Liverpool and gets his career back on track.

Stopped being "one of our own" when he moved at his own accord. You can understand why given the money involved, but the dive today was the act of a prized arsehole.

Absolutely. I dare say a few may have applauded him off if the game has gone the same way but he'd acted like a man instead of a cheating twat.

While the LFC team bus heads back to the slums minus a mentally broken Carroll we should have a £5m bid waiting for them on their return for him...and txt him let him know we've put the bid in, sit back and watch the sparks fly.

They'd be mad not to accept it.  :lol:

3.5 million bid. For the lolz

Has anyone done anything today since the game apart from trawling the internet laughing their tits off at everything LFC?

Feel like I've wasted a whole day, but totally worth it at the same time.  :lol:

Offer them the £12k.

Na, just give them it back as an apology.  :lol:

Really sorry Andy seems to be broken, but were nice guys so here's the £12k late fee back, we like to look after our customers. Please come again.

Has anyone done anything today since the game apart from trawling the internet laughing their tits off at everything LFC?

Feel like I've wasted a whole day, but totally worth it at the same time.  :lol:

:lol: pretty much all av done since getting in

Offer them the £12k.

Na, just give them it back as an apology.  :lol:

Really sorry Andy seems to be broken, but were nice guys so here's the £12k late fee back, we like to look after our customers. Please come again.

:lol:

Too much sympathy. 

If his dive won a penalty and they ended up winning would you be saying the same thing?  No chance.

If you dig your own grave you have to be prepared to lie in it.

Completely agree with this. I enjoyed every minute of his piss poor performance today and laughed my cock off when he was subbed. He did very well when he played for us, but he plays for the Scouse Racist Red XI now and deserves every bit of stick he gets - just like Suarez, Bellamy, Enrique, Dalglish and the rest of them do.

The best thing is when he does skulk off to Stoke or sum such club haven't we got a 50% sell on clause, so they won't even be able to reinvest his transfer fee properly.

The best thing is when he does skulk off to Stoke or sum such club haven't we got a 50% sell on clause, so they won't even be able to reinvest his transfer fee properly.

25%.  :lol:

Can't see LFC wanting to sell him to have to pay us more money, would rather let him see out his contract.

Can't see LFC wanting to sell him to have to pay us more money, would rather let him see out his contract.

Could have sworn someone said 50%, thought Ashley had bent them over big time. Ah well.

Could have sworn someone said 50%, thought Ashley had bent them over big time. Ah well.

Fuking hell man, had it been 50% Panorama & Football clubs From Hell would have been on our case.  :lol: