West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Brendan_Rice

SSN now, Carroll not wanted at Liverpool.......

What did they say? What was the story based on?

Also, this seems like a god awful way of getting any decent return for this guy. I mean obviously they were immediately gonna lose 15-20m on him... but if it's common knowledge that they want him shopped asap, then they're gonna get pennies.

Guest bimpy474

SSN now, Carroll not wanted at Liverpool.......

What did they say? What was the story based on?

David Craig was on saying, Carroll doesn't want to leave and is willing to go on loan to prove his worth. Liverpool will only entertain selling him and not loaning him out.

No teams mentioned at all, for where he might go.

Guest Brendan_Rice

Sounds like bollocks.

Total bollocks, would be completely daft of Liverpool to come out with that publicly, if they do want sell him they will want the best price.

It does seem strange to me that no-one at the club has come out and backed him though, if that was Newcastle Pardew would have handled it.

Guest bimpy474

Surprised. Saw it was Craig and figured it was a given that he was going to talk about him returning to us like he had any kind of authority on the matter.

Aye, i was expecting the same.....was a bit strange for a Sunday evening.

Guest bimpy474

Would it be possible the stories are coming from Carroll trying to engineer a move?

Well yes but everything Craig quoted from Carroll was about how much he loves it at Liverpool and doesn't want to leave, permanently anyway.

Could be Carroll telling people he is being forced out...

Guest Phil K

Also, this seems like a god awful way of getting any decent return for this guy. I mean obviously they were immediately gonna lose 15-20m on him... but if it's common knowledge that they want him shopped asap, then they're gonna get pennies.

Usual Liverpool attitude. They think whatever they want they should have - "because they've got it in the past"