West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Footballing philosophy? I don't know who Brendan Rodgers thinks he is. He's rolling on the back of one reasonable season in the top flight. Hardly makes him the next Mourinho.

Whether he's managed 5 minutes or 10 years is not the point so I'm not sure how that is relevant in the slightest. All coaches usually have a set style of play that they stick to and it's a reasonable argument that Carroll doesn't look suitable to it.

He's the manager and he's got every right to ditch a player he doesn't want to work with.

bit foolish to put all your eggs in one basket, even spain had a backup plan on the bench if things were going pear shaped in llorente

A £35 million, 70k a week, plan-B/C/D substitute? A player who will want to be playing every week?

If that's the case then they really would be better off just getting rid now.

bit foolish to put all your eggs in one basket, even spain had a backup plan on the bench if things were going pear shaped in llorente

A £35 million, 70k a week, plan-B/C/D substitute? A player who will want to be playing every week?

If that's the case then they really would be better off just getting rid now.

why not, they ain't gonna get near what they paid for him so why not hang onto him and to me it seems the height of folly to dump him now just when hes showing some form

The problem is AC Milan wont buy him after the loan deal.  He is just a signing to please the fans now.  One year later his value would drop even further and I don't think this will bring Liverpool any good.

The problem is AC Milan wont buy him after the loan deal.  He is just a signing to please the fans now.  One year later his value would drop even further and I don't think this will bring Liverpool any good.

theres a problem in that ?

The same point can be made about Charlie Adam by the way. He can't run as much as his Swansea midfielders could and he loves howking the bard 40 yards up the pitch whenever he can.

Wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers wants him out as well, problem is he's just been signed on a long contract and (I suppose) big wages.

Haha! You only get a cut of any profit we make selling him on, you know.

I can't be the only one who suspects we might even end up making a small loss on the Carroll deal …

If the sell on clause is true it's pure trolling by Mike and Dekka.  Wouldn't be surprised if the actual wording of the clause in the contract is 'Newcastle United will be paid 25% of any profit made following the sale of Andy Carroll lolz, no refunds kthxbai'

If West Ham are linked with Andy Carroll, I guarantee you it can only be a matter of hours before we're treated to an interview with that cock socket David Gold, standing next to his helicopter.

If West Ham are linked with Andy Carroll, I guarantee you it can only be a matter of hours before we're treated to an interview with that cock socket David Gold, standing next to his helicopter.

Helicopter interviews > Drive by interviews from your car window.

Footballing philosophy? I don't know who Brendan Rodgers thinks he is. He's rolling on the back of one reasonable season in the top flight. Hardly makes him the next Mourinho.

Whether he's managed 5 minutes or 10 years is not the point so I'm not sure how that is relevant in the slightest. All coaches usually have a set style of play that they stick to and it's a reasonable argument that Carroll doesn't look suitable to it.

He's the manager and he's got every right to ditch a player he doesn't want to work with.

:thup:

I don't think it'll work for Rodgers at Liverpool for a number of reasons like, but you cannot critisise him for getting rid of any of the current crop. To coin a phrase from Stu in the betting thread, "don't chase your losses", they keep on banging on about the price tag as a reason he shouldn't be let loose but that isn't going to make him perform any better, they need to forget about the £35m and do what's best now for the manager and the system.