West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Phil K

As we well know, he carries a lot of baggage with him.

I have noted that the press aren't so keen to dig up sh*t on him while he's at one of "their" clubs.

That would change immediately if he came back to NUFC (not that it's going to happen of course)

Was just thinking about his career has gone since he left...

In 2010, on top of the world, Geordie number 9, Capello says he's one of the most promising strikers in Europe.

Then the move: All NUFC fans hates him, season goes to shit and only plays six games after his move. Starts the next season on relatively shit form and can't score for the love of his life, slated by all Liverpool fans as well. Dropped from England, his manager loses faith in him, then goes back up to Newcastle and dives, gets substituted, laughed at and falls out with Kenny. Then re-discoveres some sort of form (has 2-3 good games), gets picked for the Euro's, does alright, comes back and they want to LOAN him to fucking West Ham.

I bet he regrets the move every day.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/5299/hahafa2.jpg

Guest Phil K

I bet he regrets the move every day.

Counting his unearned £90,000 a week will ease his concerns

But, as that is the cause of his poor post-Newcastle form in the first place (obsession with money) thats not going to change for a few years yet. He's not the brightest button on the tray after all, is he ?

Oldtype - on the Nelson Muntz pic - my thoughts exactly !!!

aye, london is where carroll needs to go, london....

It made a better man of Nile Ranger, after all...... http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb252/Ronnies_Pets/smileys%20emoticons/2gx4htv.gif

As if they would lose £25m on him in a season :lol:

What's the alternative?

Lose £25m on him in two seasons, plus piss a few more million in wages away on him, too? Wages that we could be spending on another player.

I'd hold onto him for another season, as he was playing much better towards the end of last season, but if the manager doesn't want him, best to bite the bullet, suck up the huge loss and get shot now.

Would it be so bad to have Ba LF, Carroll CF, Cisse RF? Cisse has a great cross on him. Don't think it's a great idea, but would at least be entertaining.

Don't talk madness. Carroll cannot play in a 4-3-3, absolutely cannot ever, ever play in a 4-3-3 it absolutely can't work, ever. Madness.

Still kinda like the guy tbh. Partly because we'd not be where we are now without him going, greater good and all that.

Plus i still think hes capable of being one of the best strikers in the league & Englands best in a long time.

Really don't want him back now after that dive, also think we need to evolve passing and build up wise and he would be a step back imo. Seems to have grown up a little bit at least but may revert to type back here again, don't see what he would offer us different to Cisse or Ba tbh

They can't avoid a massive loss, that's the fault of the muppets who sanctioned the deal in the first place. Moving forward from now, best Rodgers dumps Carroll if he doesn't want to play him.

They don't need to avoid the loss as Abramovich paid his move.  :yao:

Would it be so bad to have Ba LF, Carroll CF, Cisse RF? Cisse has a great cross on him. Don't think it's a great idea, but would at least be entertaining.

No HBA either if we done that. Our best player :lol:

I wouldn't have him as backup as every week he's on the bench cos we don't need a big man up front there;d be a load of articles about him being a flop etc and it could ruin his confidence.

If we only paid £5m for him though being on the bench a lot shouldn't make him that much of a flop :D

Have said I would welcome him back, still would tbh but I don't think he is what we need in this window. We certainly need a striker but someone like Hoilett that can play on the left side of a front 3 and is more of a pacey creative striker is what we are lacking.

We have Cisse and Ba until the January window and given their draw it is possible they might not make the African cup anyway. If they are away we can sign another out and out striker in January. One striker signing this summer would be enough for the first team provided it is someone as mentioned above, that can compliment Ben Arfa on the other right wing. We desperately need a couple of strikers for our development squad though.