West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest BooBoo

I'd still be glad to have him back.

I really can't see him being overly keen on WHU who will be scrapping around the bottom 3 all season.

"With view to a 17m deal" meaning that West Ham have to buy him for this fee if they stay up, have first option IF they want to buy and stay up, or can if they still want to?

It would be very stupid to commit to buy him no matter what (should they stay up) already IMO. Surely you'd want the option to bail.

theres still the matter of carroll agreeing

I think he probably already has, i doubt Liverpool would have agreed a deal with West Ham without Carroll agreeing the move before hand.

given he's said he will only go on loan to a team in Europe and well this is Liverpool I have my doubts

I think he probably already has, i doubt Liverpool would have agreed a deal with West Ham without Carroll agreeing the move before hand.

given he's said he will only go on loan to a team in Europe and well this is Liverpool I have my doubts

Did he say that, or was it just reported?

"With view to a 17m deal" meaning that West Ham have to buy him for this fee if they stay up, have first option IF they want to buy and stay up, or can if they still want to?

It would be very stupid to commit to buy him no matter what (should they stay up) already IMO. Surely you'd want the option to bail.

Totally agree, but we´re talking about West Ham here so thought I´d seek for more information for sake of clarity.

Understand that, but seems a bit strange to accept a deal for someone only for the player to reject the deal and the move subsequently called off.

Did he say that, or was it just reported?

more or less every news source was saying it but no direct quotes obviously

It's like Michael Owen in reverse. Would prefer to come home, might consider West Ham on loan, but the fact they've made a crazy offer has pretty much forced him to go there.

Does seems like that, the whole situation of Rodgers practically forcing him out seems to have forced him into a situation where he has to at the very least consider West Ham.

I'll be disappointed if he goes there as I really fancied him back but the fees involved are way too much and the money can be spent better.

Would it be so far-fetched to say that he could just run down his Liverpool contract and just join us for free in 3 years time if he is that desperate to come back?