West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Villa fans are a bit picky, can't remember the last manager they actually liked?

The only ones I recall being roundly unpopular are McLeish and O'Leary (and even that was only his last year or so). MON got an awful lot of stick from some fans over certain issues, but I can honestly say, I have only ever met one or two people who actually wanted him sacked. Even I didn't want that, and I'm no fan of his "legacy".

Other managers, like Atkinson, Gregory (with a few exceptions), Sir Brian Little, Sir Graham Taylor (mk 1 at least) were exceptionally popular.

In other words, kind of like all fans - Villa fans will genuinely give someone a go, even if they're not fond of the appointment (and that genuinely happened with McLeish last year), but when they turn, they usually do so en masse.

I'd probably say Little was the last one i remember where Villa fans were genuinely happy. Coming across McLeish, O’Neil, O’Leary, even Houiller was given a load of stick and he had only been in the job 5 minutes. I remember Gregory getting his fair share of stick. Seems like you have to go a fair way back before Villa actually accepted their own manager. The one i can mainly understand is McLeish by far, absolute disgrace that was.

Absolutely love reading brummie's posts about Villa, like. One of the best things about this forum at the moment, they're class. :thup:

Aye it's always good to get another fan's perspective on their team. Especially one that totally contradicts the media's opinion, which as we all know often happens to us too.

I think the current youngsters are better than the Chopra-era ones.  Pattison, Ramage and Edgar were always deeply average.

Ramage was not the best player but seemed a decent lad, not full of himself like most our players were back then. His last game (Everton away iirc) , he was absolutely heartbroken knowing he was leaving.

Absolutely love reading brummie's posts about Villa, like. One of the best things about this forum at the moment, they're class. :thup:

That's very nice of you.

Others are right, though, I had forgotten this was in the Carroll thread, so apols for derailment.

If you played Stoke at home, and were winning 1-0, only to concede an equaliser on 84 mins or so, and at the final whistle, you saw your manager do a little celebratory fist pump, how would you feel?

In fact, how would supporters of ANY club feel?

Sorry for laughing Brummie but that's just incredible :lol:

Guest BooBoo

And ignore Otter, he just likes complaining about things. :lol:

I think it's a valid point tbh. How many times do you click on this thread or countless others expecting maybe thread transfer news or relevant discussion, only to find its gone off on a massive tangent. It just messes up the board IMO. If people want to talk about Aston Villa, why not have an Aston Villa thread?

And ignore Otter, he just likes complaining about things. :lol:

I think it's a valid point tbh. How many times do you click on this thread or countless others expecting maybe thread transfer news or relevant discussion, only to find its gone off on a massive tangent. It just messes up the board IMO. If people want to talk about Aston Villa, why not have an Aston Villa thread?

This.

Guest BooBoo

Anyone coming in from work tonight clicks on board and might think "wow, 3 new pages on the Carroll thread. Maybe a development in his transfer? Oh, just a critique of Alex McLeish's dismal year at Villa."

Anyone coming in from work tonight clicks on board and might think "wow, 3 new pages on the Carroll thread. Maybe a development in his transfer? Oh, just a critique of Alex McLeish's dismal year at Villa."

I hope they'll be able to recover emotionally at some point. :lol:

Don't think it does any harm personally but I can understand your point of view, fair enough.