West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone coming in from work tonight clicks on board and might think "wow, 3 new pages on the Carroll thread. Maybe a development in his transfer? Oh, just a critique of Alex McLeish's dismal year at Villa."

I agree with this for the Transfer Rumors thread. Hate seeing that bumped with nonsense. All the other threads I don't think it's a big deal since the mods are good about updating the title if something is happening.

Guest BooBoo

I actually think the problem is that there are not enough threads. If you look through the archives the board used to have far more threads. How many on average new threads get created every day on the football page? 2 or 3? The traffic though is still heavy and people post any old stuff in any thread.

Whilst we don't want to go to RTG standards in terms of tens of threads an hour, it does seem that now people don't want to create any new ones.

Genuine points here btw, not trolling.

Personally don't have a problem with any thread being derailed as long as it's buy decent debate. No thread gets derailed for more than 3-4 pages anyway. The worst thing though is when there are three-four pages of puns, wouldn't mind that being outlawed

There's just as much waffle and fukers whinging now as there was posts about Villa.

This place sometimes makes me want to go on a shooting spree, good job i cannot see IP addresses and don't in fact own a gun.

Perhaps as the Villa debate and brummies posts in particular we should have a Villa thread to discuss it? it does come up a lot

God no.

The Other Matches thread is surely fine?

TBH, I try to limit my whingeing to there anyway, and had forgotten I was spouting in the Carroll thread, but I agree with otter, it's not ideal.

Perhaps as the Villa debate and brummies posts in particular we should have a Villa thread to discuss it? it does come up a lot

God no.

The Other Matches thread is surely fine?

TBH, I try to limit my whingeing to there anyway, and had forgotten I was spouting in the Carroll thread, but I agree with otter, it's not ideal.

It's nothing against you personally. I like reading your insights but a specific Villa thread  :sigh:

Guest BooBoo

A Villa thread would be pointless; Brummie's anecdotes are born from the context of the current discussion. Nowt wrong with it either.

I like how this forum has few threads tbh.

The Liverpool threads works just fine, no? Notwithstanding the Parky point scoring of course.

The Liverpool thread is 'current affairs' though. Brummie's Villa posts, typically, are anecdotes.

The irony of all this is that we're contributing to the derailment. So i'm going to end my involvement in this discussion in fear of a universe-wide, cataclysmic, paradoxical super-earthquake.

I actually think the problem is that there are not enough threads. If you look through the archives the board used to have far more threads. How many on average new threads get created every day on the football page? 2 or 3? The traffic though is still heavy and people post any old stuff in any thread.

Whilst we don't want to go to RTG standards in terms of tens of threads an hour, it does seem that now people don't want to create any new ones.

Genuine points here btw, not trolling.

:lol: Are you for real?

Many times its you who post 'NWOAT' or :booboo: as soon as a new thread is started which is not up to your standard.

If anyone is in doubt about this nugget please use http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php?action=search;advanced;search= search NWOAT by Otter  :lol:

Guest BooBoo

There's plenty of cack threads of that there's little doubt but there's also plenty room for good ones. There's often good discussions that get lost in threads that have nothing to do with the thread title.

The point still stands.

Im with Otter on this one.  Some poor schmuck will come in and think he has to read through the thread with new news about AC.

For a denizen of the Black Cuntry,  Brummie is surprisingly articulate and I for one would continue to read his contributions.  But in its own thread.