West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pattison tipped as the next Gazza ?

For drinking, maybe...

Was it Norwich he was at when he as nicked driving round, still bladdered, in his underpants thinking he was late for training when it was a Sunday?

Savage reckons they'll go down.  Said it in his Mirror piece and also stated his reasons on last nights 606.

Savage hates Villa, and always has done since his spell at Birmingham City.

Plus he's an absolute prick.

We're in a transitional period at the moment. Lambert is having to change the entire playing structure, on and off the field. On the pitch, we're adapting to a new, patient passing style, and that's not going to happen overnight, and maybe not at all until he gets more players of his own selection in the squad.

One of the reasons we're transitioning is the ongoing effects of allowing Martin O'Neill to spend huge amounts of money on really average players, and watching them sit, contribute nothing, and rake in 50k plus a week.

It is going to take a while, but he's started. For starters, Vlaar - who is an excellent passer of the ball - in the centre of defence rather than James Collins and his predictable 60 yard clouting of the ball is a gigantic improvement. El Ahmadi looks a very decent passer of the ball as well.

The problem we have is that we don't get the ball to Bent enough. Bent is an out and out striker, he just puts the ball in the net but contributes nothing more than that. He's statistically a great finisher, but I wonder if we can really afford to have him in the team sometimes, and whether a more rounded striker would offer us much more, albeit at a lower strike rate.

re academy products - there were only two in the starting line up on Saturday, Baker and Clark. Baker was playing at left back, which is a position we need to sort out, now that Lambert has toid Warnock he's not in his plans (same as he told the execrably poor Hutton on the other side).

Saturday, we passed well and kept the ball, but couldn't handle West Ham's physical barrage for the whole 90 minutes. In many senses, they were one of the worst teams for us to face at this point of the season.

Allardyce's "style" is fucking horrendous, though. Constant long, high balls, obstructing the keeper at any possibility, belting it upfield at the slightest opportunity (no wonder he likes James Collins). I think I'd find that about as entertaining as watching McLeish's 9 main defence routine.

Allardyce's "style" is fucking horrendous, though. Constant long, high balls, obstructing the keeper at any possibility, belting it upfield at the slightest opportunity (no wonder he likes James Collins). I think I'd find that about as entertaining as watching McLeish's 9 main defence routine.

Exactly. It's fucking rank. Of course we're deluded for wanting the cunt ran out of town after a few months of it.

Exactly. It's fucking rank. Of course we're deluded for wanting the cunt ran out of town after a few months of it.

Tell me about it.

The thick cunts on Sky's saturday afternoon thing we moaning on about how Villa fans didn't give McLeish a chance, how he did an ok job.

Offensive bullshit. He didn't get any serious crowd stick till about March, for starters. Houllier got much worse than that.

Football punditry is essentially a closed shop of former pros who do nothing but stick up for other former pros.

I'd be deeply offended if I was a Villa fan and someone accused me of not giving McLeish a chance. People are generally decent when new managers come in and despite what's happened before, they'll put it aside if the football/results come right. Neither did and proper fans can tell how dangerous the situation is when they see shit football. See our Soundess/Allardyce eras

Thing is I reckon Allardyce got a pretty easy ride on the whole, considering just how deliberately and offensively shit the football was. There were plenty that were shocked and embarrassed when he was sacked, wanting to give him more time.

Hilarious that the first highlight of your game against them on MOTD was a long ball from the fullback up to Cole on around 34 minutes.

Tell me about it.

The thick cunts on Sky's saturday afternoon thing we moaning on about how Villa fans didn't give McLeish a chance, how he did an ok job.

Offensive bullshit. He didn't get any serious crowd stick till about March, for starters. Houllier got much worse than that.

Football punditry is essentially a closed shop of former pros who do nothing but stick up for other former pros.

:lol:

Fucking hell. I didn't watch much of Villa last season like, but the Arsenal (?) game where he effectively set his team out after half time to hold onto a 2-0 defeat was one of the most surreal 2nd halves of football I've ever seen.

Oh and McLeish is statistically the worst Villa manager of all-time, Brummie. I'm sure you're aware but it's nice to have it backed up by stats.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Aston_Villa_F.C._managers

We won 4 home games all season last year, the worst since 1888, and the only reason it is 1888 is because THE LEAGUE DIDN'T EXIST TILL THEN. That includes tens of seasons where there were only 11 home games a season, FFS.

It makes me want to vomit my kidney up when i hear some fat, clueless cunt like Lawrenson saying people who've thrown over 6 0r 700 quid a year to watch that shit are being unfair.

I hated the appointment, but the vast majority of us gave him a chance - and then he started playing his mindbendingly defensive, negative tactics all the time. He asked for it, and even then, he didn't get any real stick till three quarters through the season.

If you played Stoke at home, and were winning 1-0, only to concede an equaliser on 84 mins or so, and at the final whistle, you saw your manager do a little celebratory fist pump, how would you feel?

In fact, how would supporters of ANY club feel?

Tell me about it.

:lol:

Fucking hell. I didn't watch much of Villa last season like, but the Arsenal (?) game where he effectively set his team out after half time to hold onto a 2-0 defeat was one of the most surreal 2nd halves of football I've ever seen.

We played at Spurs with a six man defence effectively, which included Alan Hutton (who can only kick people) playing right midfield. Unforgiveably negative.

I seem to remember doing alright till half time against you lot too before he decided to drop the H bomb (bring Heskey on) at half time and give up. I think it was your lot, but to be honest, it could have been against anyone last season.

Genuinely, I am a 40 something man, and when I think of last season, even now, it actually makes me want to cry, it was so depressing.

I'd be deeply offended if I was a Villa fan and someone accused me of not giving McLeish a chance. People are generally decent when new managers come in and despite what's happened before, they'll put it aside if the football/results come right. Neither did and proper fans can tell how dangerous the situation is when they see shit football. See our Soundess/Allardyce eras

Your Allardyce comparison is bang on. I was frequenting this place when he was here, and can confirm, the reaction amongst our lot was very similar to that.

Honestly, what do people expect?

Allardyce's "style" is f***ing horrendous, though. Constant long, high balls, obstructing the keeper at any possibility, belting it upfield at the slightest opportunity (no wonder he likes James Collins). I think I'd find that about as entertaining as watching McLeish's 9 main defence routine.

Exactly. It's f***ing rank. Of course we're deluded for wanting the c*** ran out of town after a few months of it.

Tell me about it.

The thick c***s on Sky's saturday afternoon thing we moaning on about how Villa fans didn't give McLeish a chance, how he did an ok job.

Didn't see MOTD, but I thought I saw some comment on the Guardian that Hansen has immediately ripped into Rodgers and the Liverpool defence after the first game of the season, yet hardly had a bad word to say about Dalglish all season?

Villa fans are a bit picky, can't remember the last manager they actually liked?

The only ones I recall being roundly unpopular are McLeish and O'Leary (and even that was only his last year or so). MON got an awful lot of stick from some fans over certain issues, but I can honestly say, I have only ever met one or two people who actually wanted him sacked. Even I didn't want that, and I'm no fan of his "legacy".

Other managers, like Atkinson, Gregory (with a few exceptions), Sir Brian Little, Sir Graham Taylor (mk 1 at least) were exceptionally popular.

In other words, kind of like all fans - Villa fans will genuinely give someone a go, even if they're not fond of the appointment (and that genuinely happened with McLeish last year), but when they turn, they usually do so en masse.

McLeish did stupidly poorly, not just the style of football but Villa could have been relegated.  They had less points than Birmingham did when they were relegated.  The man is a train wreck of a manager.  I think that Lambert has a big job this season because I think it is fair to say that Villa have a weak squad but i'd put money on Lambert picking up more points and with a better brand of football.