Not For Sale

Thespence
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I feel a bit indifferent to the news. I believe he's taken the club off the market because there's no interest at the moment, due to the current financial climate. I hope his motives are to get the club to progress (and invest in new players) rather than keeping the club simmering and in limbo, until he can sell. Since he took over, we are in the black with regards to transfers. The squad needs considerable investment. Guess we'll have a better idea of what's gonna happen at the end of the transfer window.

All these tossers carrying on like a bunch of Lord Pooh-Bah's looking down their noses at the great unwashed who so uneducatedly chased out our poor misunderstood chairman. What a load of w***. Mike Ashley was worth what during the July transfer window? $1-2B? What was his net spend? $3.50? Cheap b******, pretending his heart was in it, which was the worst of all.

f*** that. Look at the players we are going to be lining up with against Liverpool. Lets blame the fans and kk for that eh? Here's a bloke asking fans to sign up for 3 years, which for most of them is probably a sizeable chunk of their savings, and he can't put in 1% of his to buy a few players.

Cheap b****** is not selling because no-one is buying at a profitable price to him. That's it. Too small a man to admit it though. Fat c***.

Dev, it's only 2 years ago since we had a back four which included Edgar, Taylor & Huntington in a match against Man Utd.

yes, i do. we had/have a good squad, at least 90% of the fans backing the club/happy with things, a good manager, a 0-0 at old trafford, 3 points against bolton, a win in the carling cup, doing well financially and a genuine feeling of moving forward in all areas.

Thats just what we could see. I think its fair to say that everyone was aware that things probably werent all sweetness and light behind the scenes. Post Chelsea last season is pefect evidence of that.

Anyway, thats deflecting from today news which I agree is as good as we could hope to hear and I am glad to have finally heard from him. Like I said earlier. Roll on January. Hope he back things up with some sound investment.

All these tossers carrying on like a bunch of Lord Pooh-Bah's looking down their noses at the great unwashed who so uneducatedly chased out our poor misunderstood chairman. What a load of w***. Mike Ashley was worth what during the July transfer window? $1-2B? What was his net spend? $3.50? Cheap b******, pretending his heart was in it, which was the worst of all.

f*** that. Look at the players we are going to be lining up with against Liverpool. Lets blame the fans and kk for that eh? Here's a bloke asking fans to sign up for 3 years, which for most of them is probably a sizeable chunk of their savings, and he can't put in 1% of his to buy a few players.

Cheap b****** is not selling because no-one is buying at a profitable price to him. That's it. Too small a man to admit it though. Fat c***.

Dev, it's only 2 years ago since we had a back four which included Edgar, Taylor & Huntington in a match against Man Utd.

And today its probably going to include Edgar, Taylor and Zoggy, who is a winger. Progress enough for you is it?

Ashley must be delighted with the reaction from some of the mugs on here.

When he's finally run the club into the ground, a process which is already well under way, maybe some people will see him for the incompetent and disingenuous chancer he is.

As for Keegan, the club is heading back to where we were when he first found us. But at least Chris Mort will be here  :rolleyes:

Guest optimistic nit

good news imo.

in my opinion any potential buyer buying the club at our state would not have the best interests at heart and would be an oppertunist more than anything else. if someone wanted to buy a football club easily we were the perfect choice (if you forget ashley's riddiculous valuation and the global economic crisis). we need a new chairman who is ambitious and looking to build a stable, long term future for the club, i thought this was ashley, i dont anymore, but at least we dont have the whole reshuffle of getting a new board in before finding out they are shit like last time. if everyone pulls together we may be able to get some sort of stability back and get us into the position where we are an attractive buy for the right sort of people.

that said i'm pretty skeptical that ashley ever intended to sell in the first place.

funnily enough i think ashley has only made two real mistakes in charge and they were appointing derek llamblas and then not sacking him. its the way he has acted since the keegan thing that has made me grow to dislike him.

Guest The Libertine

they were improving until a combination of keegan bottling it and the fans "protest" f***ed up our season.

You forgot to add "Ashley looking to f*** off and handing his notice in at the first sign of things going wrong" as well

That is not bottling that is called classed as "LISTENING TO THE FANS" :lol:

:lol:

When KK walks, he's a quitter, a bottler. When Ashley walks, he's listening to the fans, been hounded out, been hurt by a few boos, shame on those so-called supporters etc. Its all our fault you know.

ive just said ashley is a bottler. at least we KNOW he had a slight justification for going. we DONT know if keegan did and based on his history its very questionable if he did.

Actually I'd say the reverse is true.  In his career Ashley has terrorised business opponents, made aggressive takeovers, stuck two fingers up to city analysts and shareholders, made wholesale redundancies and cutbacks, ruined long established brands that have taken decades to build up, raided stocks and so on.  Do you honestly think he gives a toss what you, me, a bunch of charvas in front of the Sky cameras or the NUSC think of him? The reverse is true of KK, which if you'd been around throughout his first tenure, which I doubt, you'd maybe understand.

how is this translated into the football world, a world completely different from where he came from? he's still a beginner in the football world and he's had decades of experience in the business world. keegans justification for quitting is debatable enough for it to now be a court case btw.

and yes, i started supporting newcastle in 1991 and im from the area so you cant play that card.

Taken off from the market doesn't mean he will invest in January.  Probably a few bargain deal like Jonas or Bassong but I couldn't see him bring in other established player like Coloccini.

Genuine question then, what do you think he should have done, given that there are no buyers?

I'm off out now so probably won't get to read your reply until later.

Do what thousands if not millions are doing and will do over the next couple of years - accept a market price for their asset and not what it was worth 12 months ago.

Clueless mate, the fall in prices is being partly driven by there being no market for anything.

Do you really think that means that as a consequence everyone is selling up?

Guest samjack

Whatever the reason he is'nt selling, its got to be better for the club than to leave it dangling like it has been for ages now.

I think the timing is good because its giving him the opportunity now to show his 'commitment' to the club with some cash being spent on some decent talent to come in whether that be youn g up & coming or more established players to shore up the squad.

So its over to you big Mike to help out the club that you 'support' as well as own.

He won't win all of the fans back and him sitting in with the away fans was never going to last forever, time is a great healer though and a lot of people are more mellow about the situation now than they were 3 months ago.

If he was to come out with a statement saying he can't sell and thinks the best thing for the club is to get back to moving the club forward followed by one or two signings in January I think people would settle for that.

From the thread the other day and I still think it's right.

I'm a bit 'meh' about this news tbh. Part of me thinks it's good news; at least we know what's happening and can try to move forward. On the other hand it's obvious as fuck he's just been unable to find enough profit.

He's got a long way to prove he really has the best for this club at heart. I don't trust the man, either in what he says in statements and via his official mouthpiece Kinnear. He has to prove to me that he's learnt from his mistakes over the Keegan affair, and that means being committed to spending more money improving the squad and communicating a shitload more with his customers. If that means bringing someone like Mort back then so be it, but it needs to be addressed.

At the end of the day I feel this lets us move forward, and that's only a good thing. Where we move to is a completely different question...

It was clear he wasn't going to find a buyer, especially in the current climate. So what the fuck is the benefit of keeping it on the market?

No decent players would come under such uncertainty, if we got rid of Kinnear no decent managers would come over such uncertainty.

At the end of the day, he had no choice. He's in last chance saloon as for as I'm concerned but I'm ready to give him the benefit of the doubt, mainly because we don't have any other option.

Let's just fucking get behind everyone and see what happens in January, then we can fucking complain :thup:

He won't win all of the fans back and him sitting in with the away fans was never going to last forever, time is a great healer though and a lot of people are more mellow about the situation now than they were 3 months ago.

If he was to come out with a statement saying he can't sell and thinks the best thing for the club is to get back to moving the club forward followed by one or two signings in January I think people would settle for that.

I'm a bit 'meh' about this news tbh. Part of me thinks it's good news; at least we know what's happening and can try to move forward. On the other hand it's obvious as f*** he's just been unable to find enough profit.

He's got a long way to prove he really has the best for this club at heart. I don't trust the man, either in what he says in statements and via his official mouthpiece Kinnear. He has to prove to me that he's learnt from his mistakes over the Keegan affair, and that means spending more money improving the squad and communicating a shitload more with his [glow=red,2,300]customers[/glow]. If that means bringing someone like Mort back then so be it, but it needs to be addressed.

At the end of the day I feel this lets us move forward, and that's only a good thing. Where we move to is a completely different question...

I think that's half his problem.

Good news - finally someone at the club who is prepared to make a decision for the good of the club, whatever the reasoning behind it.  :nods:

Good of the club my fucking anus - nobody will pay his price so he attempts to get back in in - and there are complete idiots who actually buy it.

Also the timing meant to deflect from the Bobby Robson day should see the cunt shot.

stick that in your shit spewing pipe Liam o.

Genuine question then, what do you think he should have done, given that there are no buyers?

Genuine question, would you congratulate someone for cleaning up thier own vomit?

Its his mess, he dosent get a medal even if he sorts it out.

No answer then?  Nice one :thup:

I'm a bit 'meh' about this news tbh. Part of me thinks it's good news; at least we know what's happening and can try to move forward. On the other hand it's obvious as f*** he's just been unable to find enough profit.

He's got a long way to prove he really has the best for this club at heart. I don't trust the man, either in what he says in statements and via his official mouthpiece Kinnear. He has to prove to me that he's learnt from his mistakes over the Keegan affair, and that means spending more money improving the squad and communicating a shitload more with his [glow=red,2,300]customers[/glow]. If that means bringing someone like Mort back then so be it, but it needs to be addressed.

I think that's half his problem.

Fair comment. :nods:

Some said ages ago that he doesn't seem to recognise football is different to his other businesses. He'd better fucking know by now.

Guest The German

I don't think he ever wanted to sell the club!

He wanted prices which were totally unrealistic and just wanted to wait until the supporters stopped their anger about him and the club is solid again to come back!

Good news - finally someone at the club who is prepared to make a decision for the good of the club, whatever the reasoning behind it.  :nods:

Good of the club my fucking anus - nobody will pay his price so he attempts to get back in in - and there are complete idiots who actually buy it.

Also the timing meant to deflect from the Bobby Robson day should see the cunt shot.

stick that in your shit spewing pipe Liam o.

Genuine question, would you congratulate someone for cleaning up thier own vomit?

Its his mess, he dosent get a medal even if he sorts it out.

No answer then?  Nice one :thup:

My answer is obvious, he shouldnt have made the mess in the first place.

Guest optimistic nit

they were improving until a combination of keegan bottling it and the fans "protest" f***ed up our season.

You forgot to add "Ashley looking to f*** off and handing his notice in at the first sign of things going wrong" as well

When KK walks, he's a quitter, a bottler. When Ashley walks, he's listening to the fans, been hounded out, been hurt by a few boos, shame on those so-called supporters etc. Its all our fault you know.

i'm sorry htt, but i dont really understand you. first of all, the only person who could possibly have benefitted from walking out was kevin keegan, secondly wern't you so vocal months ago when people we're talking about the fans buying the club of ashley, and i'm sure you were full behind the protests at sjp. so if you think the fans should have more of a say, and you were behind the protests at sjp, then how can you also criticise ashley for listening, and its even funnier because your post is complaining about the hypocracy of some fans.

He wanted prices which were totally unrealistic and just wanted to wait until the supporters stopped their anger about him and the club is solid again to come back!

I hope to god thats not the case because thats as bizarre a tactic as I could ever imagine.

The only slight glimmer of hope I have is the fact that he has made this announcement now and not the day after the transfer window has closed. However, I'm so sceptical I will only believe he has the club's best interests at heart when he puts his fat gold sovereigned fingers into his tight George jeans pocket and starts investing in the playing side.

Another window with 2 or 3 established players going out and cheapo untried Euro youngsters coming in will be the final straw.

Guest optimistic nit

I hope to god thats not the case because thats as bizarre a tactic as I could ever imagine.

its not that bizzare tbh.

ive just said ashley is a bottler. at least we KNOW he had a slight justification for going. we DONT know if keegan did and based on his history its very questionable if he did.

Actually I'd say the reverse is true.  In his career Ashley has terrorised business opponents, made aggressive takeovers, stuck two fingers up to city analysts and shareholders, made wholesale redundancies and cutbacks, ruined long established brands that have taken decades to build up, raided stocks and so on.  Do you honestly think he gives a toss what you, me, a bunch of charvas in front of the Sky cameras or the NUSC think of him? The reverse is true of KK, which if you'd been around throughout his first tenure, which I doubt, you'd maybe understand.

how is this translated into the football world, a world completely different from where he came from? he's still a beginner in the football world and he's had decades of experience in the business world. keegans justification for quitting is debatable enough for it to now be a court case btw.

and yes, i started supporting newcastle in 1991 and im from the area so you cant play that card.

I think that's the point.  I don't think he sees his investment in the toon as any different to any of his other investments.  To think he'd cut and run at the first sign of discontent is laughable.  As you say, we don't know the reasons behind Keegan's departure so I don't know why you're so definite he's a quitter.  But given their respective histories, I know who I trust out of the two of them;  I wouldn't trust Ashley to mind my pint while I went to the toilet.

I'm not playing any "card" btw.  I just couldn't understand why anybody who'd been through Keegan's first tenure could dislike him, as you seem to.  Apologies for making the assumption.