Not For Sale

Thespence
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can't believe people are whinging that it'll deflect from the Sir Bobby Robson day. :lol:

Give over man. It'll only spoil it if there's mongs who want to ruin it.

You cant ? Despite all the previous questioning of his intentions for NUFC ?

I am not sure why he couldnt have said to himself "Look. Sunday is marked down as SBR day so lets release this statement the day after so that the focus is completely on SBR and of course the match itself"

Personally I cant make my mind up whether the statement has been released deliberately on the same day but it could have been so easy for him to have avoided yet more speculation about his motives. The guy is either the king of wind-ups or simply thick.

Reckon he will stick with JFK till the summer and then appoint a new manager.

I highly doubt that.

This puts Kinnear in a better position, but also in a position were he is now under pressure to do well. If the fans start calling for his head Ashley will listen.

He needs to appoint a new manager or for me we will still be unstable. Joe Kinnear is a time bomb waiting to go off, very soon things are seriously going to go tits up for the man and i hope to God we are safe when it does. If he is here next season then its half a season wasted because you can bet we wont start well and it will take fat Mike Christmas before he gets rid. Joe Kinnear was a stop gap, a manager that should have only been here a month or 2, how the hell can Ashley tell us in the summer that this stop gap is the clubs future? It wont work and he would be absolutely mental to try and sell that one to us.

Good news - finally someone at the club who is prepared to make a decision for the good of the club, whatever the reasoning behind it.  :nods:

Good of the club my fucking anus - nobody will pay his price so he attempts to get back in in - and there are complete idiots who actually buy it.

Also the timing meant to deflect from the Bobby Robson day should see the cunt shot.

stick that in your shit spewing pipe Liam o.

Genuine question then, what do you think he should have done, given that there are no buyers?

I'm off out now so probably won't get to read your reply until later.

Genuine question, would you congratulate someone for cleaning up thier own vomit?

Its his mess, he dosent get a medal even if he sorts it out.

No answer then?  Nice one :thup:

My answer is obvious, he shouldnt have made the mess in the first place.

Still no answer.

On the basis that mess has been made, what should he have done now though? Said nothing, done nothing?

Delighted to be honest - not sure how this fits in with the "quick sale"  and "asset stripper" mongs and Im not sure how the "he'll never back us" mongs will work out a way to conspire against him now, surely even they wont still believe that he;ll have any interest in leaving the club in mid to lower table mediocrity....or will they.

My only concern will be the eventual appointment of JFK, seems inevitable now which will be a major fuck up.

Guest The Libertine

I can't believe people are whinging that it'll deflect from the Sir Bobby Robson day. :lol:

Give over man. It'll only spoil it if there's mongs who want to ruin it.

You cant ? Despite all the previous questioning of his intentions for NUFC ?

I am not sure why he couldnt have said to himself "Look. Sunday is marked down as SBR day so lets release this statement the day after so that the focus is completely on SBR and of course the match itself"

Personally I cant make my mind up whether the statement has been released deliberately on the same day but it could have been so easy for him to have avoided yet more speculation about his motives. The guy is either the king of wind-ups or simply thick.

set your agenda to one side for a second, do you really honestly think he's thought "right, its SBR day, lets release this statement to take the attention off him"?

its not even officially SBR day. its an unofficial fan-led idea independent of the club. it has probably been mentioned to ashley very briefly, if at all.

Delighted to be honest - not sure how this fits in with the "quick sale"  and "asset stripper" mongs and Im not sure how the "he'll never back us" mongs will work out a way to conspire against him now, surely even they wont still believe that he;ll have any interest in leaving the club in mid to lower table mediocrity....or will they.

My only concern will be the eventual appointment of JFK, seems inevitable now which will be a major fuck up.

They'll claim he's only said it to spoil SBR day.  :rolleyes:

Newcastle legend Peter Beardsley has urged fans to forgive and forget following owner Mike Ashley's decision not to sell the club.

The billionaire businessman has announced he has taken the Magpies off the market after a fruitless search around the globe for a suitable buyer.

Supporters were divided in their response to the news, but Beardsley urged them to unite behind Ashley as he attempts to get the club moving forward once again.

He said: "It's good news. I have never had a problem with Mike Ashley.

"He came here with the right intentions and now with the transfer window about to open, hopefully it is good news for us.

"He never wanted to leave this club. He always wanted to be here, he wants to be back among the fans and hopefully he will get the chance to do that now.

"I hope the fans react in the right way. I think it is very positive, I think it's good news.

"We are a big club and we need a big owner, and he is certainly that.

"When you look at all the foreign owners - and there are some good ones, don't get me wrong - we have an English owner and that's a great thing.

"We can go forward now in a positive vein."

Ashley incurred the wrath of fans in the wake of Kevin Keegan's departure in September.

Keegan walked away from St James' Park in protest at the club's summer recruitment policy, and the role played in it by executive director (football) Dennis Wise.

However, Beardsley pointed to the work being done with the club's academy as evidence that the future is in good hands.

He said: "They have brought some good youngsters in and long may that continue.

"But the most important thing is the first team at the moment.

"[Manager] Joe [Kinnear] is doing a brilliant job in that respect and we are moving up the league, which is a great thing.

"If we could get the academy on the back of that, that would be perfect."

Beardsley's sentiments were echoed by Bob Moncur, the last Newcastle captain to lift a major trophy.

He said: "It's a good thing. Stability is crucial at a football club and I think Mike has made the right decision.

"If he goes one step further when he comes back and tells the fans exactly how things are going to be, I think he will find them a forgiving bunch.

"Mike has to be praised for the fact he has put the club on a sound financial footing.

"Maybe people can't see the benefits of that at the moment, but over the next three or four years, that could be crucial for this club."

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1780_4712751,00.html

They'll claim he's only said it to spoil SBR day.  :rolleyes:

The evil genius.

Good to see the only reaction to this news from some people is to immediately criticise their fellow fans.

came to expect it tbh.

not happy about this, but it is for the best ultimately. he's not going to sell in this climate for the price he wants so he may as well stay for the medium term.

set your agenda to one side for a second, do you really honestly think he's thought "right, its SBR day, lets release this statement to take the attention off him"?

its not even officially SBR day. its an unofficial fan-led idea independent of the club. it has probably been mentioned to ashley very briefly, if at all.

No. Personally I dont think he deliberately set out to announce it today to take the attention away from the SBR thing, but it is a very unfortunate co-incidence (I hope). You have to admit you can see why the people fervently against him could call it into question.

Not quite sure why Ashley only seems to like announcing things on a Sunday mind.

Guest north shields lad

Maybe its better the devil you know, but we know that he carnt back us in the transfer market as we wish, certainly not on the level of Villa or everton even.

Good news - finally someone at the club who is prepared to make a decision for the good of the club, whatever the reasoning behind it.  :nods:

Good of the club my fucking anus - nobody will pay his price so he attempts to get back in in - and there are complete idiots who actually buy it.

Also the timing meant to deflect from the Bobby Robson day should see the cunt shot.

stick that in your shit spewing pipe Liam o.

Genuine question then, what do you think he should have done, given that there are no buyers?

Genuine question, would you congratulate someone for cleaning up thier own vomit?

Its his mess, he dosent get a medal even if he sorts it out.

No answer then?  Nice one :thup:

My answer is obvious, he shouldnt have made the mess in the first place.

Still no answer.

On the basis that mess has been made, what should he have done now though? Said nothing, done nothing?

At least you now admit he made a mess of it, thanks, other than agreeing on that, you are an IDIOT.

Do what thousands if not millions are doing and will do over the next couple of years - accept a market price for their asset and not what it was worth 12 months ago.

Clueless mate, the fall in prices is being partly driven by there being no market for anything.

Do you really think that means that as a consequence everyone is selling up?

So no houses or businesses are being sold are they not?

The interest of several parties proves you wrong - the stumbling block was the price.

Do what thousands if not millions are doing and will do over the next couple of years - accept a market price for their asset and not what it was worth 12 months ago.

Clueless mate, the fall in prices is being partly driven by there being no market for anything.

The interest of several parties proves you wrong - the stumbling block was the price.

dont you know Liam O knows everything better than everyone else.

in his own little Mad world.

And you think he should sell at a significant loss to keep the likes of yourself happy?

And you think he should sell at a significant loss to keep the likes of yourself happy?

Why not - he doesn't give a shit about the club itself and he won't be getting any enjoyment out of it so why keep it?

There is absolutely no prospect of him making money on it now so why not quit?

Why not - he doesn't give a shit about the club itself and he won't be getting any enjoyment out of it so why keep it?

There is absolutely no prospect of him making money on it now so why not quit?

Because there's a good chance that it will be worth more when the economy recovers?

With no serious bids coming in there hasn't been any indication that anyone would buy it if it was £30 million cheaper.

I wouldn't sell it at a loss and i wouldn't expect anyone else to either.

Because there's a good chance that it will be worth more when the economy recovers?

On what basis?

According to the supposed prospectus the selling points are the stadium, the squad and the revenue streams. The latter two will certainly not be increasing any time soon, in fact I'd say the revenue streams with a possible smaller TV deal and less ST sales will be reducing.

Of course relegation would make a slight difference as well.

On what basis?

According to the supposed prospectus the selling points are the stadium, the squad and the revenue streams. The latter two will certainly not be increasing any time soon, in fact I'd say the revenue streams with a possible smaller TV deal and less ST sales will be reducing.

Of course relegation would make a slight difference as well.

it is this increased revenues, in return for investment, that has escaped ashley,.. its what SJh did, and look what happened then.