The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Real's league form under Ramos: 17 games - 15w - 1d - 1l (against Barce away)

Thats all great and stuff but they conceded five to Liverpool and I'll remember that about Madrid this season.

Just saw The Arsenal - Liverpool goals and it looked like an amazing game. The defenses looks  :kinnear: for the goals but musta been hella fun to watch.

Thats all great and stuff but they conceded five to Liverpool and I'll remember that about Madrid this season.

Just saw The Arsenal - Liverpool goals and it looked like an amazing game. The defenses looks  :kinnear: for the goals but musta been hella fun to watch.

Players gave up that night, but Ramos has really worked well so far. He could use a DoF though. Don't know what he's getting at singing Lassana Diarra and Julien Faubert.

The best team in the world conceded 4 goals at home to Liverpool, Chelsea conceded 4 goals at home to Liverpool, Arsenal & Aston Villa have conceded 4 & 5 at Anfield, so Real Madrid conceding five is no disgrace tbf.

Real Madrid Vs Getafe Casillas

Search that on youtube to see the Pepe sending off tonight.  f***ing shocking, should get like an 8 game ban at least.

sh** kick as well, deserves a sending off too.

The best team in the world conceded 4 goals at home to Liverpool, Chelsea conceded 4 goals at home to Liverpool, Arsenal & Aston Villa have conceded 4 & 5 at Anfield, so Real Madrid conceding five is no disgrace tbf.

Fuck me. The thought of going to Anfield soon scares the hell out of me  :weep:

is it possible the title race could bre over by the time we go to anfield?

wouldn't matter, they'll walk around the pitch and bury us no bother

Nah it'll still be going, its only 2 games away unfortunately.

Having said that, even if it was over, they'd still bum us.

English Premier league my Arse.....

Reina, Arbeloa, Carragher, Agger, Aurelio, Alonso, Mascherano, Benayoun, Kuyt (El Zhar 86), Riera (Babel 74), Torres.

Subs Not Used: Cavalieri, Dossena, Lucas, Ngog, Skrtel.

Arsenal: Fabianski, Sagna, Toure, Silvestre, Gibbs, Arshavin, Song, Fabregas, Denilson (Walcott 65), Nasri, Bendtner (Diaby 90).

Subs Not Used: Mannone, Eduardo, Vela, Ramsey, Eboue.

I make that 3.. if you count Scouse as English

Reina, Arbeloa, Carragher, Agger, Aurelio, Alonso, Mascherano, Benayoun, Kuyt (El Zhar 86), Riera (Babel 74), Torres.

Arsenal: Fabianski, Sagna, Toure, Silvestre, Gibbs, Arshavin, Song, Fabregas, Denilson (Walcott 65), Nasri, Bendtner (Diaby 90).

Who cares?

Christ Arshavin is good. He's like the new Peter Beardsley.

He's amazing to watch, isn't he. Normally a player who struggles to get involved in a game but who produces moments of great skill isn't, in practice, always worth the bother to a top side. But Arshavin seems to be an exception, because those moments are so exceptional.

The trajectory that he got on the ball for his second goal looked impossible to me, given his position in relation to the ball. Yet running at speed, he executed it perfectly.

Who cares?

If you don't nurture and develop local talent you end up with English kids turning to playstations/drugs/crime/fuckall and an England team made up of Championship players.. and we know how shit they are by the teams that get promoted to the Premiership.

The reason the game outside the Premiership is in such crisis is because of short-sighted tossers like you.

Guest Heneage

Who cares?

I can see his point. 3 out of 36 is a shocking stat.

Who cares?

I can see his point. 3 out of 36 is a shocking stat.

made the point to someone who was supporting english teams in the CL rather than just the most deserving and was hit with 11 english players started last years final

doesn't tell the whole story, a stat like that is the exception not the rule

Can see us getting comfortably beaten tonight. Not sure if I'd be that bothered really as long as it wasn't demoralising, it's clear what our season is all about now. I expect us to get a decent return from the rest of our games though.

Guest geordienorway

Bordeaux lead Lyon 1-0 at HT. If Lyon lose they'll be four points adrift. I'd prefer a draw though since that would put us a full three points ahead of any challengers.

how many teams do you follow you  :kinnear:

4. Newcastle, Olympique Marseille, Ibadan Shooting Stars, and any incarnation of the Nigerian men's or women's national teams.

Anyway, Bordeaux still lead. Lyon don't look good at all.

What do you think about Mbami? Can he strengthen us? I know he is a liability when it comes to bookings, but he certainly has the physique to cope with the English football.