The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Wtf has happened to Pienaar? He's gone from an average player to a real gem. Get in.

Can't agree with you that he's ever been an average player.

He's got bags of skill and works his socks off without fail in every game. The only difference today is that his final ball was spot on every time whereas sometimes it can be hit and miss. He also encourages us to keep it on the floor and pass it around more when he plays. We'd be a much poorer team without him imo :thup:

Oh, and how s*** are Sunderland? I was expecting a battle and they just rolled over. Newcastle will stay up if they carry on like that.

We are just as s*** as Sunderland, the only difference is that Sunderland i 4 points above us in a safe position.

I think Newcastle are putting in more of an effort to stay up. Especially in the last couple of home games where you've made a fight of it. Sunderland just seem to be drifting through it, yesterday was like playing a mid-table side on the last day.

Anyone else think that the Hull game tonight kinda deserves a thread of it's own?

Yea we definitely need a new thread for the last few weeks of the season

I'd post it myself but I don't have 100 posts yet.  O0

f***ing get in. Just seen that Stevenage got beat in the Conference Play-Off by Cambridge United (with one minute to go in extra time)

I will bear that grudge forever.

Same here, it's petty I know but I just can't help it. :)

Got a bad feeling about Villa in this game. They really need a win too and they've made quite a habit of being anticlimactic this season no?

I think a high scoring game is on the cards tonight. Hull will go for it and Aston Villa will make them pay I reckon. Too much pace for their dodgy defence.

Wish I was as optimistic.

We've stopped playing. We look as if we know we're going to finish 5th or 6th and don't care.

I'm leaving the house for the match now, and can smell a draw from this considerable distance.

I think a high scoring game is on the cards tonight. Hull will go for it and Aston Villa will make them pay I reckon. Too much pace for their dodgy defence.

Wish I was as optimistic.

We've stopped playing. We look as if we know we're going to finish 5th or 6th and don't care.

I'm leaving the house for the match now, and can smell a draw from this considerable distance.

We are all praying for your lads tonight mate

They're pretty shit at home like, but Hull are pretty shit away from home so who knows what will happen.

That's the thing. Away from home this season, we've looked awesome at times. At home we've looked at best competent, and at worst crap.

They're pretty shit at home like, but Hull are pretty shit away from home so who knows what will happen.

That's the thing. Away from home this season, we've looked awesome at times. At home we've looked at best competent, and at worst crap.

Early goal and you'll be alright but if you don't score early you lack that creativity to break teams down (rich coming from a Newcastle fan i know)

Yeah its very odd, if you were playing at the KC I'd be almost 100% sure Hull would lose, but at Villa Park they've got a very good chance of a point.

Got a bad feeling about Villa in this game. They really need a win too and they've made quite a habit of being anticlimactic this season no?

What do Villa need a win for, now it's impossible for them to catch Arsenal for 4th?

What do Villa need a win for, now it's impossible for them to catch Arsenal for 4th?

fOR 5TH

Guest Phil K

f***ing get in. Just seen that Stevenage got beat in the Conference Play-Off by Cambridge United (with one minute to go in extra time)

Thought I was the only one.

I hate those b*stards more than Hereford - far more.

I hope they rot in football hell.

Good news they came a cropper - and so late on, too.

Guest toonlass

Thought I was the only one.

I hate those b*stards more than Hereford - far more.

I hope they rot in football hell.

Good news they came a cropper - and so late on, too.

Get in there. Break their hearts,  :lol:

Guest palnese

1 Edwin van der Sar

3 Patrice Evra

5 Rio Ferdinand

7 Cristiano Ronaldo

8 Anderson

10 Wayne Rooney

13 Ji-Sung Park

15 Nemanja Vidić

16 Michael Carrick

22 John O'Shea

24 Darren Fletcher

Substitutes 29 Tomasz Kuszczak 9 Dimitar Berbatov 11 Ryan Giggs 18 Paul Scholes 21 Rafael 23 Jonny Evans 32 Carlos Tévez

* 1 Manuel Almunia

* 3 Bacary Sagna

* 4 Cesc Fàbregas

* 5 Kolo Touré

* 8 Samir Nasri

* 11 Robin van Persie

* 14 Theo Walcott

* 17 Alexandre Song

* 20 Johan Djourou

* 25 Emmanuel Adebayor

* 40 Kieran Gibbs

Substitutes