The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Guest Phil K

If Bolton play like this against Hull we're done

They will. Bolton don't have a bad rep and no friends in the Prem for no reason.

We have to do it ourselves. And it IS in our hands again.

But our lot have shown NO evidence of having the will or ability to do it so far .

Villa getting tonked by Fulham is excellent news for us.  Unfortunately, Fulham tonking Villa isn't.

Come again ?  ???

looking at Wigan's attack in particular it's a miracle they've avoided the relegation battle this season.  They've kept a lot of clean sheets this season, which Bruce should take a lot of credit for

Zaki and Heskey caused a lot of problems early on. Effectively lost both in jan.

Not often Shay gets beaten from distance. ;)

Seriously though, that was very unlike him. Doesn't normally make errors like that.

From the Sky Sports live commentary

1325 Michael Brierley tells us: "As a United fan, I find it funny our referee is from Merseyside. Whilst I'm sure he will be a true professional, he will be blamed if things go wrong (alá chelsea @ midweek)

1325 Martin Petticrew says: "Tough to call but the ref!!! I have to laugh, HE had to come from Liverpool!!".

Chris Foy's an Everton fan you fucking planks.

probably?

His side of the goal, Given fucked up imo. Harper would've saved it.

Massive reflection off the mirror like, he was going the other way initially.

If we weren't such a mess, we'd probably have had a decent chance of attracting Tevez when he leaves this summer.

He'll leave for first team football, a decision that is probably down to the next campaign being a World Cup year, but should he go to a CL club he runs the risk of finding himself in the same boat again. We, on the other hand, could guarantee not only first team football to him, but the fact that we'd build the entire team around him. Along with the huge wages that we could offer with Viduka/Owen leaving, he'd also be managed by the Premiership's most lethal striker since from the previous era, on top of playing alongside his compatriots Jonas and Coloccini (should they both be here) - are we the only Premiership team with Argentinian internationals outside of Tevez himself and Mascherano at Liverpool?

Shame it's not a remotely realistic possibility. Would like to think though that should we stay up, we'd at least make enquiries and try to sell the place to him, even if he'd likely laugh at the offer.

If we weren't such a mess, we'd probably have had a decent chance of attracting Tevez when he leaves this summer.

He'll leave for first team football, a decision that is probably down to the next campaign being a World Cup year, but should he go to a CL club he runs the risk of finding himself in the same boat again. We, on the other hand, could guarantee not only first team football to him, but the fact that we'd build the entire team around him. Along with the huge wages that we could offer with Viduka/Owen leaving, he'd also be managed by the Premiership's most lethal striker since from the previous era, on top of playing alongside his compatriots Jonas and Coloccini (should they both be here) - are we the only Premiership team with Argentinian internationals outside of Tevez himself and Mascherano at Liverpool?

Shame it's not a remotely realistic possibility. Would like to think though that should we stay up, we'd at least make enquiries and try to sell the place to him, even if he'd likely laugh at the offer.

Especially after he complimented us during the SBR era while he was at Boca.

Guest BooBoo

Been a great week for footballing tantrums.

Although the least high profile, Reading's Bikey definitely has his hands on "Weeks Biggest Flounce" award.

Ronaldo. :lol:

What a baby..I'm sure this sparks another round of Real rumours.

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets completely ignored by the press. Different reporting for different clubs.

If that was Martins it'd be all over the rags 'Martins calls Shearer 'MASSIVE FUCKFACE'!!!!!!!!!1'

Ronaldo clearly thinking to himself "I'm going to show that fucking cunt Ferguson this summer, sub me off will you, wait till I get home and give the Real Madrid President a phone call".