Xisco joins Deportivo on loan until the end of the season

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I'd love to see him get more of a chance in the next few weeks, especially ahead of ameobi who does nothing except give the opposition an extra man.

I'd rather if when fit Xisco gets picked ahead of Viduka as lets face it, his contract isn't going to get renewed, he's not going to be here next season so why bother keeping a promising and eager player on the bench when he clearly wants to play.

In terms of first choice stirkers from now my choices would be:

Owen - Martins - Xisco - Lovenkrands - Smith (gonna get slated) - Viduka - Ameobi

I'd love to see him get more of a chance in the next few weeks, especially ahead of ameobi who does nothing except give the opposition an extra man.

I'd rather if when fit Xisco gets picked ahead of Viduka as lets face it, his contract isn't going to get renewed, he's not going to be here next season so why bother keeping a promising and eager player on the bench when he clearly wants to play.

Owen - Martins - Xisco - Lovenkrands - Smith (gonna get slated) - Viduka - Ameobi

Owen-Martins-Lovenkrands-Xisco-Ameobi-Viduka-bring Pedro out of retirement-Suit up a fan and bring him on-play with ten men-abandon the match-Smith

Xisco hasn't got a hope of playing any matches in our current situation, especially with Owen and Carroll returning to the frame. Hopefully he'll be given a chance to prove himself next season when the disgraceful Viduka finally fucks off to enjoy the Aussie sunshine.

Guest Phil K

I agree with letting Xisco have a stab at it.

What have we to lose ?

We aren't scoring anyways, and half our forwards are sick-note wavers.

Give someone a chance who isn't a hider.

I agree with letting Xisco have a stab at it.

What have we to lose ?

We aren't scoring anyways, and half our forwards are sick-note wavers.

Give someone a chance who isn't a hider.

Agree with that, whilst he hasn't been setting the world alight in his few and far between appearances, he's never shirked.

caroll ?

Xisco hasn't got a hope of playing any matches in our current situation, especially with Owen and Carroll returning to the frame. Hopefully he'll be given a chance to prove himself next season when the disgraceful Viduka finally f***s off to enjoy the Aussie sunshine.

viduka must leave end of season....which he will do, im sure! If we stay up, im starting to think owen might stay unless he gets 5-10 goals in our survival!

ameobi and smith should leave as well!

attack next season no 1 first:

Owen (if he stays)

Martins

Xisco/løvenkrands/caroll

we will not buy or shouldn´t before we get rid of some

Its like Luque all over again. For some unknown reason he just isnt played. But in fairness to Luque he was always going to struggle when he ruptured his hamstring in his second match....

Xisco has a good attitude by the looks of it and seems determined to be a hit with us. I really want to see the lad given a proper chance, like. 5 minutes towards the end of a match just isnt good enough.....he's got to get a fair go. Besides he CANT be worse than Shola....just cant.

Did anyone ever watch him at Depor? From what I've heard he was decent at best when playing in Spain...

All part of the masterplan. When we go down, he'll score the goals to take us straight back up, and because his clause only states PL games, he'd only cost us £2m.

Or maybe not...

Its like Luque all over again. For some unknown reason he just isnt played. But in fairness to Luque he was always going to struggle when he ruptured his hamstring in his second match....

Xisco has a good attitude by the looks of it and seems determined to be a hit with us. I really want to see the lad given a proper chance, like. 5 minutes towards the end of a match just isnt good enough.....he's got to get a fair go. Besides he CANT be worse than Shola....just cant.

Did anyone ever watch him at Depor? From what I've heard he was decent at best when playing in Spain...

decent at best? He looked fucking class last season, even at 21

All part of the masterplan. When we go down, he'll score the goals to take us straight back up, and because his clause only states PL games, he'd only cost us £2m.

Or maybe not...

There is no clause it was a fabrication made up by some scummy paper

decent at best? He looked f***ing class last season, even at 21

Yep. He wasn't - and probably never will be - a prolific goalscorer, but he was really good at bringing others into play and using his strength to cause problems with the oppositions defence.

EDIT - After a quick look I found this article on Guillem Balague's website that came out when we signed him:

http://www.guillembalague.com/blog_desp.php?id=66&titulo=Newcastle:%20Xisco%20under%20the%20spotlight

It pretty much backs up what I've said about him and yes I do watch La Liga.

caroll ?

I forgot about him TBH

caroll ?

I forgot about him TBH

its easy to forget him tbf

caroll ?

I forgot about him TBH

Rather have Ranger infront of Carroll and Ameobi tbh.  Last season Carroll was on loan at Preston North End and managed to get 11 games and scoring only once, why on earth would he be a premiership success when he is strugling in championship?

Ameobi got 6 games for stoke in the championship last season scoring 0 goals.

Only reason i can see those players going before Xisco in our squad is that Kinnear and Hughton dont fancy foreign players. They even put Jonas on the bench and started Duff and Lovenkrands instead.

caroll ?

I forgot about him TBH

Only reason i can see those players going before Xisco in our squad is that Kinnear and Hughton dont fancy foreign players. They even put Jonas on the bench and started Duff and Lovenkrands instead.

What a load of crap. They pick a defence full of foreign players. Jonas has had a knock & been a bit flat in some games of late, Oba is getting eased back in. I there may be case for Xisco to start in front of Shola/Big AC but I very much doubt peoples nationality are the reason a player is not getting picked. You say Lovenkrands I guess because he is fucking a jock bird that makes him a Brit.

Yep. He wasn't - and probably never will be - a prolific goalscorer, but he was really good at bringing others into play and using his strength to cause problems with the oppositions defence.

EDIT - After a quick look I found this article on Guillem Balague's website that came out when we signed him:

http://www.guillembalague.com/blog_desp.php?id=66&titulo=Newcastle:%20Xisco%20under%20the%20spotlight

I didn't see him in Spain, but 9 goals in 21 games is a pretty excellent goals to games ratio.  Out of interest what makes you think he couldn't be a prolific goal scorer if given the chance?

caroll ?

I forgot about him TBH

What a load of crap. They pick a defence full of foreign players. Jonas has had a knock & been a bit flat in some games of late, Oba is getting eased back in. I there may be case for Xisco to start in front of Shola/Big AC but I very much doubt peoples nationality are the reason a player is not getting picked. You say Lovenkrands I guess because he is f***ing a jock bird that makes him a Brit.

We have a defence full of foreigns, because they cant change them. Take Enrique, Bassong, and Coloccini out of the team and replace them with who?  JFK have constantly going out to the media saying Enrique is shite, and he would replace him if he got a new LB.

Maybe i should say: "dont fancy South european/south american players" then, or just some foreign nations he doesnt fancy. The only reason for this imo is that he want ppl with the crazy gang mentality like Smith or Nolan, cant see a spanish player with that mentality tbh.

The game when Jonas was put on the bench he was fit to start, and btw JFK and co dont know how to ease players back(look oba's last injury etc).  If JFK stay as manager next season i think we will see some foreigners leaving the club, and players like Butt, Smith, Nolan, R. and S. Taylors staying and more of that kind comming in. No more technical players in/to our squad...

I didn't see him in Spain, but 9 goals in 21 games is a pretty excellent goals to games ratio.  Out of interest what makes you think he couldn't be a prolific goal scorer if given the chance?

I suppose he could be but from what I saw of him in La Liga he was more of a target man striker with his back to goal that brought others into play. It's worth bearing in mind that 3 of his 9 goals came in his first game for Depor last season. The team played better with him in it though generally and looked more of a threat.

We have a defence full of foreigns, because they cant change them. Take Enrique, Bassong, and Coloccini out of the team and replace them with who?  JFK have constantly going out to the media saying Enrique is s****, and he would replace him if he got a new LB.

Maybe i should say: "dont fancy South european/south american players" then, or just some foreign nations he doesnt fancy. The only reason for this imo is that he want ppl with the crazy gang mentality like Smith or Nolan, cant see a spanish player with that mentality tbh.

The game when Jonas was put on the bench he was fit to start, and btw JFK and co dont know how to ease players back(look oba's last injury etc).  If JFK stay as manager next season i think we will see some foreigners leaving the club, and players like Butt, Smith, Nolan, R. and S. Taylors staying and more of that kind comming in. No more technical players in/to our squad...

Just to remind you Xisco is not a technical & is more like one of these gives his all for the cause target men. THE BASTARDS WONT EVEN PLAY NACHO BECAUSE HE IS FROM SOUTH AMERICA!!!!

Jonas, Bassong, Jose & Colo have all played a shed load of games.

We have a defence full of foreigns, because they cant change them. Take Enrique, Bassong, and Coloccini out of the team and replace them with who?  JFK have constantly going out to the media saying Enrique is s****, and he would replace him if he got a new LB.

Just to remind you Xisco is not a technical & is more like one of these gives his all for the cause target men. THE BASTARDS WONT EVEN PLAY NACHO BECAUSE HE IS FROM SOUTH AMERICA!!!!

Nothing to do with him being injured?  :undecided:

Nah.

JFK may be an idiot, but he's not a bigot. He dropped Taylor for Bassong, Duff for Insomnia, and to be fair when he was slagging off Enrique, the way he was playing Jose pretty much deserved everything he was getting. Kinnear simply didn't have the brains to consider that he was still young and brimming with potential.

To take simple ineptitude and twist it into some sort of massive conspiracy to excise all "continental" style form our team is a bit of stretch, to say the least.