The Messi Thread

Colos Short and Curlies

Him and Ronaldo need to show more to match Zidane. He kept to his brilliant best all the way up to his final game at the age of 34 . Best player since Maradona bar none.

Zidane wasn't as good at 21-23 as these two are though.

Messi has much more natural ability that C. Ronaldo but I wouldn't be surprised if the latter when on to greater things.. mostly because Messi is so unlucky with injuries I think it'll really shorten his career, which is a shame.

And what's with people making La Liga to sound like a fizzy pop reserve league? Clueless.

Must be great being a Barca fan - as in, far more so than any other fan of a successful CL elite eam. On top of the trophies you have the joy of nearly always watching a true all-time world class attacking/flair/creative player in prime form, season after season with only one or two transitional seasons at most before the last great player is moved on and the next one hits form.

Before Messi there was Ronaldinho, before him Rivaldo, Figo, Ronaldo, Romario, Stoichkov stretching all the way back to the early 90's. They got to see them all in their prime, at the peak of their powers - nearly all of them either winners or runner ups for World Player of the Year at one point or another (many of them twice) - in amonst the many other talented and top class players in all of their teams. And now they get to see Messi tearing the league up week in week out.

Did you conveniently leave out Maradona?

IMO the Ronaldo vs Messi debate bears resemblence to a similarly frequent arguement 4-5 years ago on these boards when the two parties were Lampard (in great form) and Kaka (showing great ability). As with Lampard when he hit peak form, C.Ronaldo's form is bridging that gap between his ability and the higher ability of the likes of Kaka/Messi/etc - if the form dips then although he'll still be recognised as a quality player, there won't even be a deabte as to who's better. Likewise, if someone like Messi hit's top form, he'll walk an award like FIFA's wolrd player of the year, because he's that much more gifted on the ball than Ronaldo is.

Im surpirsed Barca havent showed any interest in Ronaldo, imagine having Messi on the right and Ronaldo on the left.

If that ever happened it'd be game over.

Too many cooks spoil the broth tbh.

Either that, or we should all cease our livelihoods and bow down to Barca.

Today your the best player in the world if you play for Boca Juniors and score a goal while Maradona watch you do it, then the biggest clubs in the world are ready to pay £30m for your services.

Messi is special, by talent the best player in the world since, maybe Maradona, C. Ronaldo isnt even close, Ronaldo 9 was better then Messi in his area, but even he didnt have the "full package" that Messi got, speed, powershots, technique, understanding etc.

Still, Messi has a long way to go, must remember all the achivements Ronaldo and Zidane has collected through the years.

As for the best players in the world since Maradona i would say there is noone close to Zidane, he was pure football poetry.

Too bad he played for some real shit teams, Juventus and Real Madrid, but you cant hate on Zidane, the movements, feeling for the ball, perfection in motion.

:jesuswept:

;D ;D

Messi is awesome, better than Ronaldo. He is like a younger better beardsley !

As for Barca I see Iniesta is back, so their totally insane midfield of Xavi and Iniesta is back, add to that the wealth of other talent they have that can play there and it doesn't matter that there are only 3 of them, still beat most Premiership teams with ease. Ronaldo is good but messi is something else. Ronaldo just looks like a prick when you see him, messi seems far more down to earth.

I hope Barca get Man U in the CL as they will destroy them this year, even if Messi plays shit, you still have Henry Eto Bojan, Helb, Xavi.....

Ronaldo is a grade A c***. Messi has his feet on the ground and seems to appreciate everything Barca has done for him. Ronaldo will bottle it when the going gets really tough, I think Messi would battle it out more. For that, along with his superior ability on the ball, Messi > Ronaldo.

Today your the best player in the world if you play for Boca Juniors and score a goal while Maradona watch you do it, then the biggest clubs in the world are ready to pay £30m for your services.

Messi is special, by talent the best player in the world since, maybe Maradona, C. Ronaldo isnt even close, Ronaldo 9 was better then Messi in his area, but even he didnt have the "full package" that Messi got, speed, powershots, technique, understanding etc.

Still, Messi has a long way to go, must remember all the achivements Ronaldo and Zidane has collected through the years.

As for the best players in the world since Maradona i would say there is noone close to Zidane, he was pure football poetry.

Too bad he played for some real shit teams, Juventus and Real Madrid, but you cant hate on Zidane, the movements, feeling for the ball, perfection in motion.

:jesuswept:

;D ;D

What? Btw I'm Messi's biggest fan, ask anyone on here my opinion of the lad. My comment was aimed at the remarks about Messi being better than Ronaldo at the above. Btw it annoys me I even have to clarify I'm talking about Ronaldo when he was at Barcelona, not Cristiano.

Ronaldo between 96-99 was quite frankly a different specimen to anyone to have played the game since Maradona was in his prime. That's no disrespect to other players, but he was simply that good.

I've hardly seen Messi play at all, or Kaka for that matter, I feel like the people who were trekking in the rainforest when JFK was assassinated.

Well Barca are on Sky every weekend, so you could watch the little genius if you tried :nile:

Guest firetotheworks

Man City £200m bid???

I think Messi's one player you couldn't put a price on. So probably about 300 million then.

Man City £200m bid???

I think Messi's one player you couldn't put a price on. So probably about 300 million then.

One...... BILLLLIIIOONNNN!

The shiekh is apparently worth over 100 bill... That's actually not impossible.