Peter Løvenkradns signs cøntract tø end øf seasøn

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Delighted for him, hope we sign him on, he is a more than useful squad player and has taking alot of stick from pundits, which imo is uncalled for.

How important have his goals been? If he wants the stay I hope we give him the option.

Guest Spark

Get the feeling he's a big game player. Scored a few goals against Celtic I think when he was at Rangers, as well as goals for us against WBA, Man U, and Boro.

All in all, he's a reasonable squad player, and i think we'd be daft not to keep him on atleast for a year. He's one of the few that has a touch of quality plus 100% heart all the time.

At the moment he's a vital squad player, rather than a reasonable one - such is the state of our club. Hopefully there'll be some activity in the summer that will see him take a back seat and simply be decent cover. Not the sort you want to rely on; but exactly the sort you want to be able to sub on in a deadpan game with 15 minutes to go.

Guest firetotheworks

Did he touch the ball other than scoring?

Thats not a loaded question, Im just curious.

I like him, he has that Sibierski-like aura about him.

Certainly knows where the net is. Was getting into some fantastic positions apart from his goal too. Delighted for him.

A goal from midfield, who'd have thunk it?

I think he's worth keeping around.  As an alternate winger he's a good option for those games when Jonas is not performing (i.e. as Shearer used him against Boro).  I don't see him as an option up forward, but he seems to have decent pace, movement and creativity down the wings to be effective there.

Carried the ball with pace through the middle a couple of times. Thought he did very well generally last night, not just the goal. I'd be very tempted to start him up top with Dukes against Fulham presuming Oba's still not fully fit.

I think he deserves an extension to his contract. He has look decent at times for us, would be good to get a good pre-season under the belt for us.

Compared to some of the mugs in our team he's probably on relatively low wages and didn't cost us a penny in transfer fees, I think the club would be daft not to give him at least a year extension, I would personally give him another 2.

he should max be offered a 1 year deal and be used as a squad player!

would only keep him because he doesn´t cost anything...(and Danish)

he can play left wide and on top.....but i really think we should have better players in both positions if we want to progress next year! if we should go down, then sign him up for 2 years!

has anyone heard him speak? He sounds like he should have been in Trainspotting.

He's just on 5live now. Brilliant. Sounded really Danish to start with, then started coming out "a wee bit" Glaswegian.

It's like Steve McLaren in reverse

Guest Phil K

Another year - why not ?

His goalscoring record per game is far better than a certain other whose horses we seem to be subsidising.

Carried the ball with pace through the middle a couple of times. Thought he did very well generally last night, not just the goal. I'd be very tempted to start him up top with Dukes against Fulham presuming Oba's still not fully fit.

I agree. I reckon he's mainly a threat when up top, he seems to drift off and disappear if given an extended game on the wing.

But he's lively and he's quick, with a decent touch as well. Plus he looks like he wants to play for us, which is a rare bonus these days. Sign him up.

Another year - why not ?

His goalscoring record per game is far better than a certain other whose horses we seem to be subsidising.

Is it?  :dowie:

No. Owen's is better by 0.02 of a goal :lol:

Owen: 31 appearances, 10 goals. 0.32 per game.

Loven: 10 appearances, 3 goals. 0.3 per game

Guest Stephen927

Thought before the match last night that we should sign him up as cover, what with a couple of strikers possibly leaving (future of Owen and Viduka aren't too certain at all) and a distinct lack of funds to buy players in too many positions.

But that strike was a perfect nail in Middlesbrough's coffin. Bravo.

Lovenkrands: 7 (3) games 3 goals. Some of those games he was in midfield.  A goal every 2.3 games

Owen: 27 (6)  8 goals.  A goal every 3.3 games.

wait bad maths. Nevermind. Someone beat me to it. Owens is slightly better, but Loven has played in midfield. Whats mickys excuse?

Lovenkrands: 7 (3) games 3 goals. Some of those games he was in midfield.  A goal every 2.3 games

Owen: 27 (6)  8 goals.  A goal every 3.3 games.

wait bad maths. Nevermind. Someone beat me to it. Owens is slightly better, but Loven has played in midfield. Whats mickys excuse?

It's not bad maths. I just included sub appearances, and the Cup competitions.