Peter Løvenkradns signs cøntract tø end øf seasøn

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Poll added in spite of those quotes above.

I wouldn't give him a deal tbh.

I would have given him a deal without hesitation before last Saturday, but now I'm starting to wonder why Schalke were so fed up they released him without a fight.

Eh?

Wasn't he released by the German club from his contract because they were fed up with him?

Yeah but you're saying in that quote that before he got himself a freak and very serious injury you'd have given him a deal without hesitation. Now you say not. Did he have a habit of being stretchered off with breathing apparatus for Schalke or something?

What is his injury, I'm not really clear on it?

He has a chest infection, he thought he could play, he couldn't. At least he is trying to give a f*** not like Viduka, Smith et al.

What is Smith doing wrong apart from being poor ability wise?

Poll added in spite of those quotes above.

I wouldn't give him a deal tbh.

I would have given him a deal without hesitation before last Saturday, but now I'm starting to wonder why Schalke were so fed up they released him without a fight.

Eh?

Wasn't he released by the German club from his contract because they were fed up with him?

Yeah but you're saying in that quote that before he got himself a freak and very serious injury you'd have given him a deal without hesitation. Now you say not. Did he have a habit of being stretchered off with breathing apparatus for Schalke or something?

What is his injury, I'm not really clear on it?

He has a chest infection, he thought he could play, he couldn't. At least he is trying to give a fuck not like Viduka, Smith et al.

It says in the report that he is fully recovered, although obviously not ready to return on Saturday, which I wouldn't expect, but the poll is asking if this is his last game of the season would you give him a  contract. I am not too clear on what his state is from the information tbh.

Assuming that we stay in the Premiership, I'll give him a 2 year contract. He's a decent backup striker.

Our squad players should be a mixture of youth coming through or bought in + former starters getting replaced with better players, signing squad players to be squad players is just shit.

People obviously forgetting that we're going to have a striking line-up of Andy Carroll, Shola Ameobi, Alan Smith and maybe Obafemi Martins if we're lucky.

I wouldn't normally advocate signing mediocrity either; but mediocrity is a step up from that pile of wank. Consider where we are man; it was hard enough attracting players last summer when we had a decent shot at Europe. I'd sign Lovenkrands, definitely.

Guest Stephen927

Lovenkrands genuinely wants to play here, whether its so he's close to Glasgow or whatever it doesn't matter. The best option if we chose to keep him would be a years extension at the end of the season, 2 years at the most, just to keep that hunger.

Assuming that we stay in the Premiership, I'll give him a 2 year contract. He's a decent backup striker.

insanity

prolong the mediocrity, great strategic tactic

Insanity is assuming that great strikers are going to want to come here and play for us. I very much doubt that right now, we could attract much better than Loven. Basically, he's better than Smith, Shola and Carroll, so it makes sense to keep him for another year, as someone that can do a job when needed.

Guest The Libertine

it'd be worth having him here as a squad player and someone who could hopefully do some damage coming off the bench late on.

(spelling mistake in the title btw :aww: )

Guest Howaythetoon

I would, whether we stay up or not. He has worked well up front alongside Martins, most notably at home to Man Utd and Arsenal where he was lively, full of running and quite sharp. He carries a goal threat and would be pretty inexpensive to keep on. I'd offer him a 1 year deal with an option of another if he performs well. He has done more in the few games he has played than Duff or Smith have done in their entire Toon careers. It is they who we should be getting rid of in a hurry.

I would, whether we stay up or not. He has worked well up front alongside Martins, most notably at home to Man Utd and Arsenal where he was lively, full of running and quite sharp. He carries a goal threat and would be pretty inexpensive to keep on. I'd offer him a 1 year deal with an option of another if he performs well. He has done more in the few games he has played than Duff or Smith have done in their entire Toon careers. It is they who we should be getting rid of in a hurry.

Exactly right. I think Lovenkrands would be a real handful playing in that Martins position in the 4-3-1-2. IF we stay up, and IF Owen stays, we should be looking to play that system full time and therefore Lovenkrands would provide excellent cover and competition for Martins.

(spelling mistake in the title btw :aww: )

Der.

so ive missed an inside joke then?

oh no.

Nah. When he made his debut against WBA, the club actually spelt his name wrong on his shirt... hence the thread title being shown likewise. Have a look back at the pictures. Incredibly typical of the clubs current ineptitude.

• 1 month later...
Guest Brewcastle

I don't really know what he's like but its got to the stage where a body is a body. Decent squad player with a bit of pace at least.

This thread is about Lövenkrands, not Owen.....