Peter Løvenkradns signs cøntract tø end øf seasøn

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kind of scary on saturday, anyone read that he was in a coma for like 3 hours after the game?

Yup looked in real distress. Wish him well. Decent signing he's been.

Anyone got a source on that coma rumour?

Norwegian newspaper, but direct quotes: http://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/engelsk/artikkel.php?artid=541254

"When I was behind the goal and couldn't breathe, I thought I was going to die. It was a horrid experience."

"After the crash, it got worse and when I was carried off, I couldn't breathe.  I was desperate after air and had great pains in the entire body."

"I had no feeling in my fingers, and I got a panic attack in a desperate attempt to breathe."

"My wife came in when I came to, it was incredible discomfort for her to see me in that state."

"I cannot remember how long I was unconscious."

"It went three hours before my breathing was back to normal."

"They say it's not a lasting problem, so now I am just going to relax a couple of days before I go back to training."

"Football is no longer the most important for us."

Kind of scary on saturday, anyone read that he was in a coma for like 3 hours after the game?

Yup looked in real distress. Wish him well. Decent signing he's been.

Anyone got a source on that coma rumour?

Norwegian newspaper, but direct quotes: http://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/engelsk/artikkel.php?artid=541254

"When I was behind the goal and couldn't breathe, I thought I was going to die. It was a horrid experience."

"After the crash, it got worse and when I was carried off, I couldn't breathe.  I was desperate after air and had great pains in the entire body."

"I had no feeling in my fingers, and I got a panic attack in a desperate attempt to breathe."

"My wife came in when I came to, it was incredible discomfort for her to see me in that state."

"I cannot remember how long I was unconscious."

"It went three hours before my breathing was back to normal."

"They say it's not a lasting problem, so now I am just going to relax a couple of days before I go back to training."

"Football is no longer the most important for us."

God didn't realise I was waching something so serious during the match on Saturda, especially as the commentators never mentioned it again.

LOL @ SkySports for editing direct quotes to Danish and Norwegian newspapers :lol:

"It was hugely embarrassing for her to see me that way."

How the fuck is it embarrassing for a wife to see her husband in great pain and not getting to breathe? :lol:

I'm confused what is his actual injury?

He had an infection, he's not injured. He was just sick and unaware of it before the match.

Really? He got  taken off after a prett bad shot to the ribs.

"Lovendkrands had problems with his breath already early on in the match."

"After the crash, it got worse (with Malouda). "

"According to the doctors, Lovendkrands had an infection in his body already before the match.

LOL @ SkySports for editing direct quotes to Danish and Norwegian newspapers :lol:

How the fuck is it embarrassing for a wife to see her husband in great pain and not getting to breathe? :lol:

:lol:

It would have been a shame if he wasn't resigned and that was how he ended his short career with Newcastle. I hope he comes back straight away. He's been a good signing for us, having actually scored goals and all. I'm actually quite perplexed about why he was dropped from the striking role, since he had shown himself as capable of scoring.

It would have been a shame if he wasn't resigned and that was how he ended his short career with Newcastle. I hope he comes back straight away. He's been a good signing for us, having actually scored goals and all. I'm actually quite perplexed about why he was dropped from the striking role, since he had shown himself as capable of scoring.

He's got a knack for being the right place, bit like Owen.

:lol: "Oh, shit, erm... i'm not with him - honest, spazz."

How the f*** is it embarrassing for a wife to see her husband in great pain and not getting to breathe? :lol:

Because his wife is a hard as nails Scottish bird & her family will ripping the piss out of her for him having a paddy while he was injured.

How the f*** is it embarrassing for a wife to see her husband in great pain and not getting to breathe? :lol:

Because his wife is a hard as nails Scottish bird & her family will ripping the piss out of her for him having a paddy while he was injured.

Slightly worse than that tbf. :lol:

Guest Stephen927

From what I've seen of Lovenkrands I'd say he was worth an extended contract.

Can't see us having the funds to replace too many players in the summer. Owen will probably be away if Shearer doesn't stay, Martins will hopefully stay, Ameobi is Ameobi and Smith is Smith. Xisco is an unknown quantity, not had nearly enough game time to make any sort of impression on me. Carroll looks handy but I'm never convinced when he's up front that he's going to do something and change a game.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/04/09/peter-l-venkrands-not-blaming-malouda-for-injury-61634-23347740/

Peter Løvenkrands not blaming Malouda for injury

Apr 9 2009 by Mark Douglas, The Journal

NEWCASTLE United forward Peter Løvenkrands has personally absolved Florent Malouda of blame for the horror injury he suffered last weekend – and he is hopeful of returning to play a part in the Magpies’ relegation scrap.

Løvenkrands has made a full recovery from the breathing problems which caused so much alarm in the weekend home defeat by Chelsea at St James’s Park, but has confirmed that he will miss Saturday’s crucial game at Stoke following an injury scare that “put things in perspective”. Løvenkrands received lengthy treatment on the sidelines and was hospitalised after the challenge by Blues winger Malouda, who has telephoned and texted the Dane to say sorry.

The United man told Malouda it was not his fault, but paid tribute to the France international’s “professionalism” – which lifted him as he recovered from the scare.

“Florent Malouda rang me and texted me earlier this week which I thought showed what a great professional he is to get my number and make that call,” he told The Journal.

“But it had nothing to do with him and I told him that – it was not his fault. I actually had an infection which had affected me earlier in the game – I just didn’t feel right.

“I couldn’t breathe properly, I couldn’t run properly and I was feeling really bad. I thought I would improve as the game went on but the hit affected me really badly.”

Løvenkrands admits it feels almost inappropriate to talk of a comeback after such a serious injury, but he is confident of a return before the end of the season, provided he keeps improving.

“I’m feeling a lot better – my body is a lot better and my breathing is okay again. But I am still feeling battered and bruised and I don’t want to put myself back in things until I feel right,” he said.

“I want to get back as soon as possible but an injury like this puts your life in perspective a little bit. Of course I want to be part of it (the run-in). I want to be in all the games from now until the end of the season.

“I will take my days to come back. I want to come back and be 100% and do myself justice when I come back.”

The injury leaves the Dane a frustrated spectator for the relegation ‘six-pointer’ with Stoke on Saturday but he is confident his team-mates will prosper at the Britannia Stadium.

“We need to get something from the game and I think we will be able to do that,” he said.

“We’ve got a good chance going there. We’ve played well against teams near the

top of the table – now we have to transform that form into games against teams around us.”

Løvenkrands’ injury (pictured below) reduces United caretaker boss Alan Shearer’s options up front, although Andy Carroll is pushing for a recall after notching two goals in the reserves earlier in the week.

Newcastle will also be without Mark Viduka and Joey Barton for the trip to Stoke, although the former is likely to be back in full training by the middle of next week.

“Mark is going well and his fitness is improving,” Shearer revealed. “At the moment he’s working with the physios but if all goes according to plan then he could return to full training by the middle of next week.

“At this moment in time he is going well but he is one we are continuing to monitor him.”

Shearer has reiterated his belief that the Stoke game will be a huge test of character for his squad – and every bit as difficult as Chelsea.

“It will be our next test of character.

“It will be a totally different test to the Chelsea game, but certainly it will be every bit as tough, we know that for sure,” United’s caretaker boss said.

Remember in the summer when people were turning their noses up at the idea of Malouda coming when we were linked? :lol:

Some of the names we've been linked with in the past and people have turned their noses up at is mental.

Remember in the summer when people were turning their noses up at the idea of Malouda coming when we were linked? :lol:

Needed a season to settle O0

Just watch Colo  next season he will dominate the Championship.

Given we were linked with the likes of Schweinsteiger and Modric at the time, a £12m deal for a very shit Malouda hardly sounded like the tastiest of deals. It was a new chapter at the start of the season and the club looked like it was going places - it's hardly a major surprise that people's hopes and expectations have changed. We're in the relegation zone now. I fancied us for Europe in August.