Kinnear Says: Newcastle have made 5million bid for Mbia

Gash

Guest The Libertine

So we offered £5m for a player his club rate at £15m. :lol:

The best bit is loads of people on this forum knew we'd not get close to him for £5m, so you have to wonder what Kinnear/Wise were thinking about.

what was wise's role in this?

The best bit is loads of people on this forum knew we'd not get close to him for £5m, so you have to wonder what Kinnear/Wise were thinking about.

No idea, I was just going off the fact he's still our executive director and Kinnear reckoned he was the one doing the wheeling and dealing.

I think it's called negotiation.

I think the negotiation is probably over tbh.

Guest The Libertine

No idea, I was just going off the fact he's still our executive director and Kinnear reckoned he was the one doing the wheeling and dealing.

if kinnear goes to wise and says "i value "X" at £5 million, go and make the offer" and they come back wanting £15 million then i cant quite place wise at the scene of the crime.

I think it's called negotiation.

I think the negotiation is probably over tbh.

Not if the lad was called 'Modric' and valued at 18M, if past mythology is anything to go by.

if kinnear goes to wise and says "i value "X" at £5 million, go and make the offer" and they come back wanting £15 million then i cant quite place wise at the scene of the crime.

If. The truth is neither of us knows. Hence the either/or in my post, which I don't think was unfair.

Speaking of negotiation...

De Jong's contract contains a clause that would allow him to leave in the summer for £1.8m, but City have reportedly bid £13.3m to buy him now.

:lol:

If that's not breaking the financial structure of football, I don't know what is. (12m for Milner comes close, though)

Guest The Libertine

If. The truth is neither of us knows. Hence the either/or in my post, which I don't think was unfair.

the quotes from kinnear make it quite clear who was in charge. he valued the player at £5 million and they wanted £15 million.

Kinnear really is a right cock nose and we get to watch the twat make a fool of himself for a while yet woooooooooooooooooooo thank god I invested in the future and get the chance to watch our "brand" of football with a geriatric nicky fucking butt for the next three years.

Bring back souness I say

You never know. How many on this forum would have expected us to get £12m for Milner. I reckon most would have shipped him out for less than half.

Very true. That's all I thought he was worth, I'd have snapped Villa's hands off for £8m. I still don't take the M'bia bid seriously though, if it was I don't think it would have been made public. PR stunt in my book.

You never know. How many on this forum would have expected us to get £12m for Milner. I reckon most would have shipped him out for less than half.

Very true. That's all I thought he was worth, I'd have snapped Villa's hands off for £8m. I still don't take the M'bia bid seriously though, if it was I don't think it would have been made public. PR stunt in my book.

That's my thoughts about this bid too. I can't see us spending any money on first teamers without players being sold first. Let's hope Lovenkrands is desperate to earn a contract and plays out of his skin for the next 6 months.

“We’ve made two serious efforts for decent money on players – two £4m offers. We made the bids yesterday, they’re considering it now. We’ll probably end up spending at the moment, unless anything else happens, £10m.”

“I said to Mike I’d identified the two players and told him the price. Whatever there is from outgoing players will add to them. We’re hoping to find out on Thursday on the two players coming in.

What price was that then Joe, as both of your serious offers were flat out rejected.  Possibly made up (as well as your contract offer).

That's my thoughts about this bid too. I can't see us spending any money on first teamers without players being sold first. Let's hope Lovenkrands is desperate to earn a contract and plays out of his skin for the next 6 months.

Ashley is going to make significant investment in the team according to the Mail. If that's true and if Joe really rates M'bia that highly I would expect us to make a serious effort to sign him, which will mean going back in putting in a higher offer than £5m.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Ashley is going to make significant investment in the team according to the Mail. If that's true and if Joe really rates M'bia that highly I would expect us to make a serious effort to sign him, which will mean going back in putting in a higher offer than £5m.

On the transfer front, although Newcastle’s £5million bid for Cameroon midfielder Stephane Mbia hasbeen rebuffed by French club Rennes, Ashley continues to plan significant investment. Mail