Peter Beardsley

Guest michaelfoster

Not only have we never replaced him,12 or so years since he left,but neither have Liverpool.

irreplaceable,...unless you can find a wayne rooney, who isnt a fighty arsehole,  has a good attitude, humble, and puts it in every game, ... dosent exist i dont think anymore.

Guest michaelfoster

Joe Kinnear has said today that he wishes to bring some new faces to St James Park.

Peter Beardsley has asked if he can have one of them.

Seriously though, best player I've ever seen play for us, and my dad only rates Tony Green as being better.

Wernt you in your huggies when Beardsley was playing for us :D

Joe Kinnear has said today that he wishes to bring some new faces to St James Park.

Seriously though, best player I've ever seen play for us, and my dad only rates Tony Green as being better.

There's such a thing as videos and DVD's, you caveman. :lol:

Guest michaelfoster

If im a caveman, god knows what that makes NE5, dead probably.

check out beardsley shredding Man City defence, 83-84, ... shud have scored 10 that day.

If im a caveman, god knows what that makes NE5, dead probably.

He was at our first ever match, cost him three pieces of flint to get in.

• 2 weeks later...

Meant to post this months ago

My grandad (a lifelong nufc fan) had a stroke in the summer, wasn't well at all for a while but thankfully made a full recovery. We have a fair few friends inside the club, President of corporate hospitality is a very good friend with my grandparents.

Anyway, back in october my grandad had knock at the door and who should it be but Beardsley. Our pals had apparently had a word and he was happy to oblige. He stayed and talked football with them for over an hour, gave my grandad one of his captain's armbands, loads of signed photos etc.

Too bloke, didn't have to do any of that, suspect he does it a fair bit with no fanfare whatsoever. Has been my favourite nufc player since I was 7. Seems he's as good a person as he was a player, legend

My grandad (a lifelong nufc fan) had a stroke in the summer, wasn't well at all for a while but thankfully made a full recovery. We have a fair few friends inside the club, President of corporate hospitality is a very good friend with my grandparents.

Anyway, back in october my grandad had knock at the door and who should it be but Beardsley. Our pals had apparently had a word and he was happy to oblige. He stayed and talked football with them for over an hour, gave my grandad one of his captain's armbands, loads of signed photos etc.

Too bloke, didn't have to do any of that, suspect he does it a fair bit with no fanfare whatsoever. Has been my favourite nufc player since I was 7. Seems he's as good a person as he was a player, legend

Great read.

Like you say, sounds as if he is a great person as much as he was a great player.  :clap:

Legend.

as been stated, brill player but how the hell did Man Ure or Us for that matter miss out on his potential and what did Carlisle see in him that everyone else didn't!

Bobby Moncur is apparently a better judge of potential than Bill McGarry & Dave Sexton

check out beardsley shredding Man City defence, 83-84, ... shud have scored 10 that day.

I was at that match and must say it was oneof the best toon performances i have ever seen.

Guest timmy boy

Great player, only saw him the second time round at the Toon, probably the best English dribbler I have seen. The majority of his caps for England came before I can remember him, how come he scored so few goals?

Great player, only saw him the second time round at the Toon, probably the best English dribbler I have seen. The majority of his caps for England came before I can remember him, how come he scored so few goals?

The same reason Linekar scored so many. Awesome team player.

47 in 129 according to wiki in his second spell, considerably better than 1 in 3 tbh. Not even Shearer managed 1 in 2, even with penalties

his assists and general work for the team more than compensates tbh, 41 goals for Cole in 93-94

Pretty sure he meant for England, Pedro clearly had a good goal record at club level. Something like 9 in 50 for England though. I thought Shearer did get 1 in 2 for us? 206 in about 405 wasn't it?