Peter Beardsley

Guest michaelfoster

Pretty sure he meant for England, Pedro clearly had a good goal record at club level. Something like 9 in 50 for England though. I thought Shearer did get 1 in 2 for us? 206 in about 405 wasn't it?

yeah, I was looking at league appearances but overall you're absolutely right

Surely no need to Bolton on the ad?

Surely no need for any of that line. Who the fuck doesn't know who he is. "Oh, there's some bloke who used to be a striker for Liverpool speaking on Thursday, I might go along to that. Mmmm pie & pea supper."

Guest timmy boy

I was talking about Pedro's England goal record which is 9 in 59. For a guy that has such a good goal scoring record it's surprising that he didn't get more goals for England.

An absolute legend.

He used to sit behind me at SJP and always acknowledged me and my family. Met him at a reserve game at Kingston Park and he came across as a genuinely nice guy with no airs and graces (should that be hiers and graces?).

Would love to see him as part of our backroom staff again.

Also has a great sense of humour...as his clips on YouTube show, especially the Fantasy Football and the stand up clips (not sure if I can paste links here, so I won't). Couldnt imagine many of the current prima donnas taking the piss out of themselves as Pedro does.  :clap:

My all time favourite NUFC legend. Over-rated? nah....

An absolute legend.

He used to sit behind me at SJP and always acknowledged me and my family. Met him at a reserve game at Kingston Park and he came across as a genuinely nice guy with no airs and graces (should that be hiers and graces?).

Would love to see him as part of our backroom staff again.

Also has a great sense of humour...as his clips on YouTube show, especially the Fantasy Football and the stand up clips (not sure if I can paste links here, so I won't). Couldnt imagine many of the current prima donnas taking the piss out of themselves as Pedro does.  :clap:

My all time favourite NUFC legend. Over-rated? nah....

This is superb:

Guest Howaythetoon

Beardsley today in his prime would be worth £30m at least. He was one of the most skilful players I've ever seen full-stop and without doubt the best footballer I've seen playing for Newcastle United. Genuinley two-footed, amazing dribbling skills, unreal imagination and cheek, worked his socks of, very unselfish yet very productive himself, amazing stamina levels despite lacking natural athleticism (down to his sheer enthiusiasm for the game) and someone who could play anywhere in midfield or up front without looking out of place. A really nice man as well. To think our area produce such a talent...

Guest Heneage

Beardsley today in his prime would be worth £30m at least. He was one of the most skilful players I've ever seen full-stop and without doubt the best footballer I've seen playing for Newcastle United. Genuinley two-footed, amazing dribbling skills, unreal imagination and cheek, worked his socks of, very unselfish yet very productive himself, amazing stamina levels despite lacking natural athleticism (down to his sheer enthiusiasm for the game) and someone who could play anywhere in midfield or up front without looking out of place. A really nice man as well. To think our area produce such a talent...

Spot on. I remember his goal against Forest away the shuffle then blasted into the roof of the net, true magic.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

Btw, someone needs to bring back the Beardsley shuffle.

Definitely. The one he did against Villa past 3 or 4 players to score in 94/95 was ridiculously good.

Definitely. The one he did against Villa past 3 or 4 players to score in 94/95 was ridiculously good.

I've got that goal on one of my random videos - absolutely ridiculous, as you say. The ball was on a string attached to his boot.

Was that the same match as Barry Venison's piledriver?

I've got that goal on one of my random videos - absolutely ridiculous, as you say. The ball was on a string attached to his boot.

Was that the same match as Barry Venison's piledriver?

Aye, and Andy Townsend's. Some brilliant goals in that game.