Kevin Nolan move to Hull denied by agent

Dokko

from what I`ve read on the Bolton forum, he was pretty much a favourite of Megson`s despite Nolan`s supposed performances that got him stick from Bolton fans.

Judging by Megson`s reaction he might have been sold without the manager`s blessing...

Bolton boss Gary Megson was less forthcoming about the deal, however. When asked about the deal at his weekly press briefing, a visibly-annoyed Megson replied:

"For any more details you will have to go to the press office of the football club and they will let you know what we're doing.

Surely it's a better signing now than five years ago? Then we could have better players than Nolan, now we absolutely need the likes of him.

Scoring close to 10 goal a season back then, would have been delighted to get a midfielder who was up to that much in the scoring stakes.

Done nothing this season. 

Would be interesting to know why Bolton are allowing him to leave so easily?

He's 26, I'm certain he could rekindle the form of 03 to 06. 

You basing that on assertion on age alone?

Wise

He has time on his side doesn't he? he's not over 30 and in physical decline.

Guest Howaythetoon

I remember against us earlier on in the season he was constantly getting himself into good advanced positions which we have missed for a number of years now, although under KK Owen performed that role extremely well. I think this will be like a new lease of life for the player and he'll go on to do really well. Nothing amazing but more than good enough for what we require.

I dont know why but he feels like an exact fit for us right now.

Time will soon tell, he wasnt a player I'd thought about but I think he is exactly what we need. If we get a proper DM to play next to him hopefully we might see the odd goal or two come from midfield again, I  dont remember the last time that happened regularly.

Its on a few websites (ie its a made up figure which never changes, so if he ever was 14 stone it could have been 5 years ago).

Not a cat in hells chance he is 14 stone.

Last time i was checked i was 85kg and I'm 6ft.  I was told to get it down to 77kg.

Nolan plays and trains for 9 months a year.  Not a chance he will be 14 stone

Guest Bolton Zulu

Nolan is not overweight - and never has been. He's a good (not great) player who has lost his way at Bolton over the last two years and was beginning to struggle to make the first eleven on the sheet. As I said earlier, this move could be good for him - and therefore good for you.

But watch the Bolton v Spuds highlights on the box later on. Bringing in Mark Davies from Wolves for £500k and flogging Nolan to you for £4 million looks like a pretty neat bit of business, albeit after only one game.

Gary Megson? Ginger Mourinho!(Well, perhaps not.)  :coolsmiley:

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Happy as baaalls with this signing, just what we need. A battler in the engine room, scores the odd goal (six so far this season) and was captain at Bolton so I'm hopeful he'll be vocal in and around the team. We need leaders on the pitch cos most our team are wet blankets, hopefully someone like Nolan'll be able to stick a rocket up their arses and get them playing for the shirt

6ft, 14 st, not overweight to me.

No, that's not overweight.... if you're 45.

Canny harsh. cp40's only 40.

I thought he was 14.

not quite , but i pass for a 32 yr old on a good day.

edit- a 14 year old would never fuck up the quotes as often as i do, or talk about Kevin Keegan,... even when theres nobody there.

I thought he was 14.

not quite , but i pass for a 32 yr old on a good day.

edit- a 14 year old would never fuck up the quotes as often as i do, or talk about Kevin Keegan,... even when theres nobody there.

I dunno. You're a "Keegan fan" in such a 14-year-old way.