Charles N'Zogbia joins Wigan Athletic for fee believed to be £6.5m

Nicky

Guest Sniffer

I didn't say it was realistic. I said preferable.

I'd bet that all of those teams would prefer to acheive their success with an all English team. Preferably, an entire team of players who have graduated from their youth program. Anybody who says otherwise is talking shit.... like cajun just to appear politically correct because he's frightened to say anything else.

Yes, but let's say that no matter what this team ends the season in 4th...

would you rather it be an all english team or not? :D

I honestly don't think I would care, maybe thats not very patriotic of me but I am not bothered :D

Guest Sniffer

Do you think Liverpool fans don't have pride that Gerrad comes from Liverpool? Or that manure fans didn't love that youth program that gave them all those players?

i wouldn't, because english players arent all that good, when it comes to that bit extra in terms of creativity, intelligence and technique there'll be better elsewhere. not that i would want an entirely foreign XI, ideally id prefer some more local players but tyneside simply isnt producing talent these days.

I'd bet that all of those teams would prefer to acheive their success with an all English team. Preferably, an entire team of players who have graduated from their youth program. Anybody who says otherwise is talking s***.... like cajun just to appear politically correct because he's frightened to say anything else.

Do you want them to be like you so you can identify with them a bit more?

You might be a touchy tart so i'll qualify that by saying that's a reasonable wish, nowt wrong with it, just wondering if it's your reason.

i wouldn't, because english players arent all that good, when it comes to that bit extra in terms of creativity, intelligence and technique there'll be better elsewhere. not that i would want an entirely foreign XI, ideally id prefer some more local players but tyneside simply isnt producing talent these days.

Pretty much. And over the last 25 years you'd say most of the best English players have actualy come from this region as well.

Pretty much. And over the last 25 years you'd say most of the best English players have actualy come from this region as well.

I'd have said the North West over the last 10 years tbh.

Go into the time spectrum I've used.

How many would you say are better than Robson, Shearer, Waddle, Gazza, Pedro? All from the one area btw. Even though Robson is from a bit further afield. ;)

Do you think Liverpool fans don't have pride that Gerrad comes from Liverpool? Or that manure fans didn't love that youth program that gave them all those players?

Do you think Liverpool fans would rather have Guthrie than Mascherano? Would Man U like to swap Berbatov for Andy Carroll?

Guest Sniffer

I'd bet that all of those teams would prefer to acheive their success with an all English team. Preferably, an entire team of players who have graduated from their youth program. Anybody who says otherwise is talking s***.... like cajun just to appear politically correct because he's frightened to say anything else.

You might be a touchy tart so i'll qualify that by saying that's a reasonable wish, nowt wrong with it, just wondering if it's your reason.

Identify with them? As having played for the same local teams or in the same leagues, going to the same schools or knowing family or liking the fact that you knew some of them personally and would like to see them do well? Or their kids? Nowt wrong with that is there?

yeah. just thinking of Barton, Nolan and R. Taylor playing for us, and the loads of other scousers like carragher, gerrard, rooney, baines etc  playing for top flight teams, with more coming through (particularly at everton), they've all come from in and around merseyside (as did Owen), a place with a similar population/demographic/football culture to us. when not that long ago our area was producing shearer, robson, beardsley, waddle, gazza and so on.

Guest Sniffer

Do you think Liverpool fans would rather have Guthrie than Mascherano? Would Man U like to swap Berbatov for Andy Carroll?

You are either being obtuse or you are missing the point completely.

Go into the time spectrum I've used.

How many would you say are better than Robson, Shearer, Waddle, Gazza, Pedro? All from the one area btw. Even though Robson is from a bit further afield. ;)

I know, i know, i know but i think Scholes, Neville, Beckam (yoof academy), Giggs, Rooney, Gerrard, Fowler, Owen, Mcmanaman, Carragher and probably a few more even it up in sheer weight of numbers.

And i didn't even count Luke Chadwick.

You are either being obtuse or you are missing the point completely.

What is your point? You would prefer an English team and no foreigners right? Well Joe shares the vision.

Identify with them? As having played for the same local teams or in the same leagues, going to the same schools or knowing family or liking the fact that you knew some of them personally and would like to see them do well? Or their kids? Nowt wrong with that is there?

:) Stop twitching! Nowt wrong at all, i think it stands for plenty.