Charles N'Zogbia joins Wigan Athletic for fee believed to be £6.5m

Nicky

Considering it was his debut it looks like the NotW have already made their mind up  :lol:

....but Wigan offered little once the Egyptian left the pitch. And that was partly down to the ineffective debut of £6.8million Charles N’Zogbia out on the left wing.

The Frenchman was finally bundled out of Newcastle in disgrace on Monday after claiming interest in him from Real Madrid and Arsenal.

Those great bastions of world football were, according to N’Zogbia, beating down the door to secure his signature.

Unfortunately for Wigan he chose to ignore those advances and is attempting to resurrect his career at the JJB Stadium instead.

All the big club talk had got fans excited about his arrival and they cheered his early touches before dozing off whenever he got the ball.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/164831/WIGAN-0-FULHAM-0.html

It was NOTW I think, it had a little bit about signings who made their debuts and they basically said he "sleepwalked" through the game and if this was him trying to prove a point they'd hate to see him otherwise.

Yeah that sounds like the one, lass buys most of the Sunday rags so read through them all. Definitely mentioned him sleep walking through the game.

Goodbye Charlie. You had potential young man, to be the best French player to grace this club along with Laurent Robert. Instead, you're not even the best Congolese. Watch out Charlie, because quite soon, people will stop waiting for you, stop following you. You'll just be that stupid French kid that couldn't lay his head to rest.

That bloke at full-back for Wigan, Figueroa, he'll be the next one to be snapped up by a bigger club. Been terrific this season, gets a canny few assists for my fantasy team as well.

Another Honduran from the middle of nowhere that is easily top-half-of-the-table quality.

That bloke at full-back for Wigan, Figueroa, he'll be the next one to be snapped up by a bigger club. Been terrific this season, gets a canny few assists for my fantasy team as well.

Another Honduran from the middle of nowhere that is easily top-half-of-the-table quality.

you see them against villa away recently?  he was immense, looked like he'd literally try and run through a wall if bruce told him to

You had potential young man, to be the best French player to grace this club along with Laurent Robert.

... and Ginola.

mackems.gif  Give over man mackems.gif

???

I knaa!! Ginola brought over bags of footballing grace with him. I remember our first game in them hoops against Sheffield Wed. Ginola played out of his skin and scored a cracking goal. Beardo's finish was immaculate too mind.

You had potential young man, to be the best French player to grace this club along with Laurent Robert.

... and Ginola.

???

I knaa!! Ginola brought over bags of footballing grace with him. I remember our first game in them hoops against Sheffield Wed. Ginola played out of his skin and scored a cracking goal. Beardo's finish was immaculate too mind.

never forget his goal against ferencvaros...glorious

... and Ginola.

???

One of my favorite NUFC goals of all time naturally. Wish I could have a GIF of it in my sig *hint * hint

... and Ginola.

???

We had an archway from our kitchen to our conservatory in our old house that I used to use as a goal to try and re enact that Ginola goal :lol:

• 1 year later...
N'Zogbia drops exit hint

Charles N'Zogbia has admitted he could be tempted to leave Wigan for a 'bigger' club over the summer.

The Frenchman joined the Latics from Newcastle in January 2009 and has enhanced his reputation considerably since then.

N'Zogbia, upon leaving the Magpies, announced that his decision to move on had been driven by a desire to be the best he could possibly be.

The ambitious 23-year-old has now revealed that he regards his time at the DW Stadium as a stepping stone to bigger and better things, with a high-profile move elsewhere merely a matter of time.

"There have been plenty of rumours about me in the press," he told France Football.

"Now I want to reach a new level and gain more experience.

"My objective when I left Newcastle was to play for a medium-sized club, before bouncing back in a big team.

"I hope that will be the case next season. Everything comes to he who waits."

Meanwhile, N'Zogbia, who has been capped by France at U21 level, has admitted that he would welcome the opportunity to play for England once he has been granted dual citizenship.

"I think in France people don't even look at me, even though I played for the U21s for a year-and-a-half," he added.

"The dream of any player is to play at the World Cup. If I get an opportunity (with England) I will seize it, because I only have two weeks to wait until I get my double citizenship.

"There would not be a problem because I know English football very well and I speak the language."

Is he complimenting or insulting us here?

N'Zogbia drops exit hint

Charles N'Zogbia has admitted he could be tempted to leave Wigan for a 'bigger' club over the summer.

The Frenchman joined the Latics from Newcastle in January 2009 and has enhanced his reputation considerably since then.

N'Zogbia, upon leaving the Magpies, announced that his decision to move on had been driven by a desire to be the best he could possibly be.

The ambitious 23-year-old has now revealed that he regards his time at the DW Stadium as a stepping stone to bigger and better things, with a high-profile move elsewhere merely a matter of time.

"There have been plenty of rumours about me in the press," he told France Football.

"Now I want to reach a new level and gain more experience.

"My objective when I left Newcastle was to play for a medium-sized club, before bouncing back in a big team.

"I hope that will be the case next season. Everything comes to he who waits."

Meanwhile, N'Zogbia, who has been capped by France at U21 level, has admitted that he would welcome the opportunity to play for England once he has been granted dual citizenship.

"I think in France people don't even look at me, even though I played for the U21s for a year-and-a-half," he added.

"The dream of any player is to play at the World Cup. If I get an opportunity (with England) I will seize it, because I only have two weeks to wait until I get my double citizenship.

"There would not be a problem because I know English football very well and I speak the language."

Is he complimenting or insulting us here?

Neither.

Despite everything a very good footballer who has proven as such this season. Who knows how good he could be in the right environment. Certainly wouldn't mind him playing for England either.

would you say the same about bramble,n'zogbias clubs player of the year and captain ?