Ryan Taylor

Dave

Really? I was behind the goal and had no real idea of the trajectory until it crashed off the bar and into the net.

Love goals that go in off the woodwork me like.

Must have just been me :lol: The second he hit it, I was on my feet shouting "f***! that's going innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!" :laugh:

I completely admire his attitude and his willingness. He's also brave, he probably knew Walters was going to flatten him but he stuck his head in there anyway. Commendable.

I don't believe he can defend much though. If as soon as a winger of the standard of Jermaine Pennant, not Nani or Valencia or Kalou/Sturridge or Lennon or Johnson but Jermaine f**king Pennant means that Jonas has to do the defending for him then i think he needs to be left out.

Because of his lack of pace or acceleration, not a great tackler, not positionally fantastic, he'll take up a spot between the byline and the box with Jonas closing down the winger. If it was down to Raylor to challenge the winger then you know Colo is going to have to come across to cover when the inevitable happens.

When we had Jose you knew the winger had about a 5-10% chance of getting a ball in, not now though. So, if we want to have an effective left wing we need a player at LB who can be trusted to be more than an inconvenience to an attacking player on his side.

"I want to shake off that 'Mr Versatile' tag and be known as a left-back," Taylor told the Daily Star.

"It's great scoring goals, but I want to hold a regular position.

"When people start referring to me as a left-back, that's when I'll start smiling."

That explains it! i was on the floor laughing at his depressed baby rocking celebration when i saw his goal against Everton :lol:

I completely admire his attitude and his willingness. He's also brave, he probably knew Walters was going to flatten him but he stuck his head in there anyway. Commendable.

I don't believe he can defend much though. If as soon as a winger of the standard of Jermaine Pennant, not Nani or Valencia or Kalou/Sturridge or Lennon or Johnson but Jermaine f**king Pennant means that Jonas has to do the defending for him then i think he needs to be left out.

Because of his lack of pace or acceleration, not a great tackler, not positionally fantastic, he'll take up a spot between the byline and the box with Jonas closing down the winger. If it was down to Raylor to challenge the winger then you know Colo is going to have to come across to cover when the inevitable happens.

When we had Jose you knew the winger had about a 5-10% chance of getting a ball in, not now though. So, if we want to have an effective left wing we need a player at LB who can be trusted to be more than an inconvenience to an attacking player on his side.

That's pretty much how I see it as well but thought I should just keep quiet while he's flavour of the month. Ryan's done well enough as a stand in but he's still not a good enough defender, or much good at going forward either. He's best when he can just strike the ball, especially from dead ball situations.

• 2 weeks later...

Good lad, was brilliant for us. hope he gets a few games now and then during the season. time for Santon.

Ridiculous attitude. The correct thing to do is wave your arms shouting "I was right, look at me" and shoehorn calling him a cunt into every post. Also Guthrie and Simpson next time one of them concedes a thrown in.

Good lad, was brilliant for us. hope he gets a few games now and then during the season. time for Santon.

This. No need to abuse the guy, we all knew he had his limits. His contribution to the beginning of the season has been good but now is the time to play Santon.

Ridiculous attitude. The correct thing to do is wave your arms shouting "I was right, look at me" and shoehorn calling him a cunt into every post. Also Guthrie and Simpson next time one of them concedes a thrown in.

:thup:

Taylor deserves to die, clearly.

It was always coming, but stepped up to the mark for a extended period of time which none of us expected. Was a must sell for me at the start of the season, now, quite happy to keep him in and around the team doing a job like he's shown he can do.