Ryan Taylor

Dave

Not going to join the Taylor bandwaggon bashing over today.

If your team only has 25% possession then defenders are going to buckle and make mistakes eventually.

Those mistakes are just a testament to Man City to be honest.

If your team only has 25% possession then defenders are going to buckle and make mistakes eventually.

Aye exactly, spot on.

It's not about Taylor bashing, for me in any case. He's just not a very good full back by premier league standards, no matter how much of a hero he's been. I think he's in for a tough time in the next two games as well because teams of that quality will target any weaknesses.

Anyone with an ounce of sense could see he's an appaling full back with no sense of positioning at all.   

Funny how we've apparently had two of them play every game and yet still managed to have the best defensive unit in the league up until today though.

Well the way I see it is if we want to be a top 6 side we have to improve on Raylor. Santon is apparently a possible international class defender so get him in there as he should make us stronger. Think he's got the best out of Raylor up till now but he needs replaced if we are to compete with the best teams.

From the match thread. Very sensible take in my view, pointing out Taylor's limitations doesn't mean we hate him, just we want to improve the team.

Anyone with an ounce of sense could see he's an appaling full back with no sense of positioning at all.   

Scoring a few good goals doesn't mean he's been brilliant.

Got exposed because jonas was dragged about by the quality of city. No excusing that 2nd goal though.

This Raylor bashing is fucking pathetic, been one of the most improved players this season and has stepped up to the plate. He had a bad 5minute spell and its cost us but we all make mistakes. With the opposition having around 70% of the ball and their full back bombing down the wing every opportunity of course they will create problems. Everyone saying he should be dropped, I'm glad you're not the manager.

This Raylor bashing is fucking pathetic, been one of the most improved players this season and has stepped up to the plate. He had a bad 5minute spell and its cost us but we all make mistakes. With the opposition having around 70% of the ball and their full back bombing down the wing every opportunity of course they will create problems. Everyone saying he should be dropped, I'm glad you're not the manager.

Bollocks man, he's mediocre at best.

I think one of the major problems is that Taylor is clearly a confidence player.

He gave away the pen and you could almost see the confidence drain from him. He then made the mistake for the second and that was it. He could barely do the basics right from then on in. I'm not his biggest fan but he's done the basics to a decent level so far this season and that's why he's done ok.

I would drop him for the next game. Not because he's had one bad game but because of that confidence issue.

Bang on. :thup:

Well the way I see it is if we want to be a top 6 side we have to improve on Raylor. Santon is apparently a possible international class defender so get him in there as he should make us stronger. Think he's got the best out of Raylor up till now but he needs replaced if we are to compete with the best teams.

From the match thread. Very sensible take in my view, pointing out Taylor's limitations doesn't mean we hate him, just we want to improve the team.

That's fair enough, but worth mentioning that Santon didn't get on the pitch for Italy's U21s last week (despite being captain) so he's either not fully fit or not playing very well.

Jose went and he's come in and done more than a decent job there. Today was his worse game of the season and he's getting unjustified criticism over one game.

Funny how we've apparently had two of them play every game and yet still managed to have the best defensive unit in the league up until today though.

Krul, Coloccini, Saylor, Tiote and Jonas deserve the credit for that.

Simpson's actually played well in the last 3 or 4 games too, actually.

This Raylor bashing is f***ing pathetic, been one of the most improved players this season and has stepped up to the plate. He had a bad 5minute spell and its cost us but we all make mistakes. With the opposition having around 70% of the ball and their full back bombing down the wing every opportunity of course they will create problems. Everyone saying he should be dropped, I'm glad you're not the manager.

Jose went and he's come in and done more than a decent job there. Today was his worse game of the season and he's getting unjustified criticism over one game.

He was just as bad against QPR, taking into account the opposition.