Ryan Taylor

Dave

Why would he be important? No offence but he's very average despite been useful cover.

Because we're going to need a lot of cover and he can do so for a variety of positions, plus he obviously adds something from set pieces.

Why would he be important? No offence but he's very average despite been useful cover.

He's as good as any other cover players we have. Major loss considering our transfer activity, the number of fixtures ahead and his versatility. Scored a vital goal to rescue a poor away performance in Greece.

You've answered your own question, he's useful cover and that's exactly what we want, especially when said cover has by far and away the best delivery in the squad. He's already scored an incredibly important goal to help us qualify for Europe!

Gutted for him, will be a miss, his freekicks gets us out of sticky situations, he's basically the only player at the club able to do any kind of set piece, the rest including Cabaye's corners are tragic.

It's obviously gutting for Taylor and I hope he's back sooner rather than later but injuries are part and parcel of the game. There's no point whinging about losing him because all teams will lose players during the course of the season. We knew this was the risk of competing in 4 competitions and often playing every 3 or 4 days for long periods of the season.

Him being out is a blow but it gives someone else a chance to come in and get games. Just got to get on with it.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120831/taylor-ruled-out-for-months_2281670_2906127

Newcastle United can confirm that defender Ryan Taylor will be ruled out for several months after suffering a knee injury during Thursday's Europa League qualifier against Atromitos.

The 28-year-old landed awkwardly having hurdled a tackle in the early stages of the match and, being in clear pain, was immediately substituted.

Taylor underwent a scan on Friday afternoon, of which the results showed he has sustained a serious injury which will see him sidelined for months rather than weeks.

Everyone at Club wishes the popular player well in his recovery from the injury.

Guest bimpy474

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120831/taylor-ruled-out-for-months_2281670_2906127

Newcastle United can confirm that defender Ryan Taylor will be ruled out for several months after suffering a knee injury during Thursday's Europa League qualifier against Atromitos.

The 28-year-old landed awkwardly having hurdled a tackle in the early stages of the match and, being in clear pain, was immediately substituted.

Taylor underwent a scan on Friday afternoon, of which the results showed he has sustained a serious injury which will see him sidelined for months rather than weeks.

Everyone at Club wishes the popular player well in his recovery from the injury.

Several months, understatement that. Minimum of 6 months and probably all season tbh.

Ryan Taylor Verified ‏@TaylorR1984

Absolutely devastated with my injury, 1 thing is for sure i wont lie down and feel sorry for myself, i will come back fitter and stronger.

8:22 PM - 31 Aug 12