Ryan Taylor

Dave

Just seen the pen incident again on football first. What the hell was he doing with his arms spread out like that?

His arms were already spread and the ball was whacked to him from 6 yards, it's not like he put them up deliberately to stop a goal. In most other games that would have been judged ball to hand. He's a shit footballer but he doesn't deserve to be crucified for that. The second goal however...what a fucking clown.

Eh? If it wasn't to block the ball, why have his arm out? The comment about it not being given in most other games is mental IMO.

Why do we talk about ball to hand or hand to ball in the penalty area? Was it deliberate? I don't think so. His hands were already spread naturally as a balance mechanism. Unlike Gosling last week who deliberately stuck his arm out to block a shot at goal.

Baffled by your thought process on that, sorry.

Balance mechanism? He was on his feet, stood up straight. His arm was out at 90deg to his body. Do you need to put your arms out like a scarecrow for balance when standing up?!

Baffled by your thought process on that, sorry.

Balance mechanism? He was on his feet, stood up straight. His arm was out at 90deg to his body. Do you need to put your arms out like a scarecrow for balance when standing up?!

Well he looks and plays like a scarecrow so I would suggest yes.

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/5127/capture1.png

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5649/capture2dq.png

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/1659/capture3es.png

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/7530/capture4x.png

I know he looks slow but come on. Barring a referee not seeing it, that's a penalty every single time. :lol:

it's the weakest of arguments to say it's ball to hand as his hand was already there. as clear a pen as you'll see.

Fair enough, I was just trying to give him some benefit of the doubt but I agree. He's just shit.

I've made this point before, the deliberate handball rule is a farce. Was it deliberate? Absolutely not. Was it a penalty? Yes, every time. Yet by law it has to be deliberate to be a penalty. The law really needs rewording IMO.

I've made this point before, the deliberate handball rule is a farce. Was it deliberate? Absolutely not. Was it a penalty? Yes, every time. Yet by law it has to be deliberate to be a penalty. The law really needs rewording IMO.

you could argue it was deliberate in that he puts his hand there to block space and the ball hits it, a bit like at a free kick, if all the players in the wall put their hands up above their heads before the ball is kicked, then when it's taken it strikes the arm of a player in the wall, for all it's ball to hand, the deliberateness element is still there.......if that all makes sense ?

edit, surprisingly when the ball goes wide ryan taylor is very well drilled in keeping his arms back to avoid this sort of thing.

Was it a penalty? Yes, every time. Yet by law it has to be deliberate to be a penalty. The law really needs rewording IMO.

Likewise, I find the rule on what is considered a 'deliberate' pass back to the keeper needs to be applied in a similar way to how the hand ball rule is.

I think the word 'deliberate' implies that he's made a decision to do this. The natural reaction is to make yourself as big as possible and unfortunately it's hit his arm but it's not deliberate, why the hell would you do that deliberately? I don't deny for a second that it's a penalty but the law is ridiculous IMO.

I think the word 'deliberate' implies that he's made a decision to do this. The natural reaction is to make yourself as big as possible and unfortunately it's hit his arm but it's not deliberate, why the hell would you do that deliberately? I don't deny for a second that it's a penalty but the law is ridiculous IMO.

Why would he try to make himself bigger by putting his arms out like that?

Just seen the pen incident again on football first. What the hell was he doing with his arms spread out like that?

Really fucking annoying if you ask me. 1-2 steps forwards (which there is good time to do)., and the whole situation is solved. Poor, poor defending. Handball or not.

Guest palnese

Feel for him on the second goal.  He clearly reads the run and the pass but just can't get it out from his feet.

He wasn't even looking at the ball.

Piss poor defending.

Feel for him on the second goal.  He clearly reads the run and the pass but just can't get it out from his feet.

He wasn't even looking at the ball.

Piss poor defending.

That second goal was tragic. He turned around and saw Richards making the run. He clearly knows what he has to do.

He just wasn't agile/strong enough to do it.

he fucks it up because he tried to move the ball onto his right, in fairness from the replay i saw he nudged it away but the rebound fell for richards right?

either way for me being on the wrong foot fucked it, as has been said he read the run well

totally agree with you there