Ryan Taylor

Dave

Gotta give credit where credit is due:  He's given a good effort where ever he's been asked to play.  He's played either fullback, central midfield and out on the right wing.  Successful teams needs guys like Ryan Taylor.  He's not the most talented or physically gifted but he's given his all for the club this season.

If he's fit, he shouldn't be starting games, but I can see him starting against sunderland.  Would be great if he repeated his 'over the wall' trick, but I just can't stand R.Taylor right wing.  The fact he gets games there ahead of Ben Arfa and even Obertan is a worry TBH and I can see us playing him in the derby, going with the safety first route.  :undecided:

If he's fit, he shouldn't be starting games, but I can see him starting against sunderland.  Would be great if he repeated his 'over the wall' trick, but I just can't stand R.Taylor right wing.  The fact he gets games there ahead of Ben Arfa and even Obertan is a worry TBH and I can see us playing him in the derby, going with the safety first route.  :undecided:

fairly sure he only started on sunday as an extra comabtive body in midfield due to tiote and cabaye not being available. it wasn't merely a question of 'play our best right midfielder' but play what's best needed in that specific game with what else we can put out.

fairly sure he only started on sunday as an extra comabtive body in midfield due to tiote and cabaye not being available. it wasn't merely a question of 'play our best right midfielder' but play what's best needed in that specific game with what else we can put out.

I hope you're right and it seems a logical explanation.  As yourself and many others have eluded to, perhaps he is being extra cautious whilst Tiote and Cabaye are unavailable? 

Just think starting arguably two of our less talented players down the same flank is a recipe for disaster.  Simpson and Taylor are both pretty slow and neither look comfortable on the ball.  I can see us plumping for that in the derby to try and combat McLean, but I would rather we focussed on our wingers attacking qualities at home.

Might just be being paranoid and pessimistic of course.

The Wolves game will be interesting, even if R.Taylor is fit, I would like to think we'll start HBA or Obertan.

TaylorR1984 Gym work done, there was a polar bear on the bike next to me it was that cold... #installheaterspleasemike

21 minutes ago

:laugh:

:lol: Seriously such a legend. I've grown to him as the season's gone on as it is, but this all just settles it. Purely based on personality, one of my favourite players.