Ryan Taylor

Dave

TaylorR1984 Ryan Taylor

Right, scan at 8.15am tomorrow. Hopefully its all good. Then back to training properly next monday. 13 cup finals left. Night all.

34 seconds ago

Danny Simpson @dannysimpson12

@TaylorR1984 it better b all good ha

Ryan Taylor @TaylorR1984

@dannysimpson12 haha I know it better be good, not just for my sake ha.

@TaylorR1984 haha see u tomoz lad

??? Wonder what this alluding too

TaylorR1984 Ryan Taylor

Right, scan at 8.15am tomorrow. Hopefully its all good. Then back to training properly next monday. 13 cup finals left. Night all.

34 seconds ago

Ryan Taylor @TaylorR1984

Simpson's sick of Obertan?  :dontknow:

TaylorR1984 Ryan Taylor

34 seconds ago

Ryan Taylor @TaylorR1984

Simpson's sick of Obertan?  :dontknow:

Irony.

Guest hatem garrincha

Ryan Taylor benefits a lot from not playing like, never seen such a bad player be clamoured for. Don't get me wrong, he offers a threat from set pieces, but to say he's a better fullback than Simpson or midfielder than Obertan/HBA is going too far IMO.

I see him more as a fullback. For me, he's definitely not a midfielder (neither a RM, nor a DM)

Simpson better ? I has to be checked...(sorry Mick  :lol:)

What has Obertan ever done to warrant being classed as a better winger like? :lol:

Maybe when he learns the rules and general aims of a game of football he'll be a useful player, he has some natural ability and pace is such an important asset for any wide man, but in terms of right now he's an absolute calamity of a footballer.

Agree that Taylor should be no more than a utility man/squad player long term though, I'll be very disappointed if Pardew doesn't give Ben Arfa a go on the right against Wolves. If he's not comfortable doing it against that lot then I doubt he ever will be.

Guest reefatoon

HBA should be playing on the left anyway, and Jonas on the right. Just because Jonas has been playing on the left for so long doesnt mean he can't do it on the right.

I agree.  Jonas should play on the right. The lad is right footed, so would love to see him whipping some balls into the box with his strongest foot.  I think he would be so much more threatening down there. (Will probably also help simpson's game too).

When we've trying out this 4-3-3 shizzle, Jonas has been taking up a position on the right/right of centre and has looked at his best for a long time. Reckon the shake-up could be good for him.

TaylorR1984 Happy Days. Buzzing I'm back for Wolves. Thanks for all the messages. Off to training now.

about 1 hour ago

:thup: That's good news but I wouldn't start him tbh. Bench duty please.

On the day, we need to attack Wolves (their defence is woeful really) and Raylor, simply put, isn't the man to petrify their defence. Sure, bring him on if we're struggling, his set-piece deliveries would be valuable. One thing which I might go with though is that in future games, if we want to be "conservative", Raylor could be a good choice for a starting role hmmm.

TaylorR1984 Happy Days. Buzzing I'm back for Wolves. Thanks for all the messages. Off to training now.

about 1 hour ago

On the day, we need to attack Wolves (their defence is woeful really) and Raylor, simply put, isn't the man to petrify their defence. Sure, bring him on if we're struggling, his set-piece deliveries would be valuable. One thing which I might go with though is that in future games, if we want to be "conservative", Raylor could be a good choice for a starting role hmmm.

only way he should play is if we tell cabaye to push on all the time (wont happen)

about 1 hour ago

only way he should play is if we tell cabaye to push on all the time (wont happen)

The way I see it is that if Pardew goes with a defensive-type plan for a certain game, I think Raylor could be a good choice to start on the right in that:

- Firstly, he'll offer Simpson some much needed protection;

- Secondly, when he decides to push forward when he has the ball, he'll be able to provide the odd great cross and;

- Finally, his proficiency from set-pieces would be an asset.

Having said that, Jonas on the right would be a good option too (and probably a better one in fact). I do sometimes forget that Raylor is actually a limited player but I really think that he has looked decent on the right (mainly for his role as protection for Simpson though).

The only games this season I can remember him starting right wing were, Man U, QPR and Villa. 

Man U he was pretty poor, but nobody really deserves criticism after that result.  Despite that, many rightly pointed out he was our worst player on the night, misplaced a lot of passes, caught in possession, didn't offer much going the other way.  Many were still just pleased to see Obertan out the team.

Against QPR wide right he was horrendous, there was no link up whatsoever between him and Simpson or the rest of the midfield.  His crossing from open play isn't actually all that and he's slow and one dimensional.  The performance improved massively once we shifted to the 4-2-3-1 and Raylor came off the right wing.

Villa he was marginally better, but all the points in the above paragraph are still valid.  Again, we improved massively once he came off the right wing (and pitch this time).

If he starts against Wolves, which he probably will, I expect a drab, cagey affair.  Do we really need to start two wingers that virtually play as second full backs at home to a team like Wolves?  No, but we probably will.

I don't mind Raylor.  He'll score some class goals, he can cover numerous positions, seems to have a great attitude and his set pieces are an added bonus.  Not going to lie though, when I see his name on the teamsheet at right wing for home games, I get pretty fucked off.