Post-Kinnear Appointment

oldtype

Aidy Boothroyd was sacked from Watford.

Watford.

Where did Joe come from?

We were offering 6 games at a club that was soon to be sold! If that was still the case, yes, bring in s*** Aidy, but it isn't the case anymore.

Make up your mind. First your saying Aidy Boothroyd isnt good enough for this club, then your saying unless its a 6 game deal. FFS either you think he could do a job here or he couldnt. I think he could.

Does he excite me? NO. Do I think he will bring us the champions league? NO. Do I believe we can attract someone who can excite me and deliver us the champions league? NO.

Im looking at the situation realistically (Ask you teacher what that word means).

Are you f***ing kidding me? :lol:

someone doing a 6 game job is the same as a full time appointment to you?

I think JK/AB are both f***ing s****. For 6 games, they're bareable. Anymore, s***.

Dumb f***.

Glad to see you didnt bite  :rolleyes:

Run this by me again in your mind. We approach a big name manager like Jol or Advocaat or  Scolari and we ask them to take the job full time:

Mike: Hows about it then?

Top Manager: Who do I report to?

Mike: Dennis Wise

TM: Who?

Mike: Little dennis, used to play for chelsea, managed millwall and leeds in the lower leagues

TM: And whats he going to do to help me?

Mike: he will buy you the players

TM: OK. How much can I spend?

Mike Well, depends on what we get from sales really, plus £8 million

TM: Right we shift MOwen, and Viduka out and raise some cash

Mike: Well, no theyre out of contract

TM: well who have we got to raise some funds?

Mike: Shola, duff, butt

TM: Who?

Mike: Shola, lazy cunt, scored 50 goals in 10 years, Duff the little irish bloke plays one good game every 20, and butt the ginger completes two passes in three games

TM: Were fucked.

Mike: Welcome on board

TM: Fuck off

That is how imagine your scenario might turn out.

this is one of the most bizarre exchanges i've ever seen on this board, it's like both of you are replying to totally different posts in a second language you're not conversant in

Guest sicko2ndbest

Toon must move on from Joe  Lawro 14/02/2009

Joe Kinnear (left) has had a tempestuous and stressful spell as manager of Newcastle.

But everyone in football will wish him well with his heart operation and the good thing is that the problem was found early.

Amid the chaos, though, Mike Ashley owes the former Wimbledon boss a huge debt of gratitude for steering the club through tricky times. The squad looks OK and they should stay up.

But now Ashley must make a hard choice and appoint a new manager, because Kinnear won't be back for months and Toon need direction.

mirror

Guest sicko2ndbest

Steve Bruce ready to take over at Newcastle United  Exclusive: By Alan Nixon 14/02/2009

Steve Bruce is ready to answer an SOS from Newcastle and become their next boss  if Mike Ashley goes for a replacement for Joe Kinnear who has had heart surgery.

Wigan chief Bruce has never made any secret of his desire to boss 'his' club and regrets turning them down when he was younger.

Bruce has taken Wigan to Premier League safety just over a year after joining from Birmingham City - but he has private fears about their future after selling some stars and facing the loss of more in the summer.

Chairman Dave Whelan paid a record fee to take Bruce from Birmingham, but the veteran supremo keeps dropping hints he may be willing to sell the club.

Advertisement - article continues below »

The Toon job has always been Bruce's dream despite his potential claims to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United.

Ashley faces a major decision with caretakers Chris Hughton and Colin Calderwood thrown into a relegation dogfight by Joe Kinnear's triple heart by-pass operation. Terry Venables and Bryan Robson have been considered as short-term options.

But Bruce would be a winner with the fans and those close to him guarantee that he would take on the task at the Toon this time around.

Nixon :)

Steve Bruce ready to take over at Newcastle United  Exclusive: By Alan Nixon 14/02/2009

Steve Bruce is ready to answer an SOS from Newcastle and become their next boss  if Mike Ashley goes for a replacement for Joe Kinnear who has had heart surgery.

Wigan chief Bruce has never made any secret of his desire to boss 'his' club and regrets turning them down when he was younger.

Bruce has taken Wigan to Premier League safety just over a year after joining from Birmingham City - but he has private fears about their future after selling some stars and facing the loss of more in the summer.

Chairman Dave Whelan paid a record fee to take Bruce from Birmingham, but the veteran supremo keeps dropping hints he may be willing to sell the club.

Advertisement - article continues below »

The Toon job has always been Bruce's dream despite his potential claims to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United.

Ashley faces a major decision with caretakers Chris Hughton and Colin Calderwood thrown into a relegation dogfight by Joe Kinnear's triple heart by-pass operation. Terry Venables and Bryan Robson have been considered as short-term options.

But Bruce would be a winner with the fans and those close to him guarantee that he would take on the task at the Toon this time around.

Nixon :)

he's gonna fuckin love it here then

I would never like to predict what clueless Ashley will do next, but him and Whelan don't get on, infact Whelan hates him so maybe Ashley would want to get one over on him by stealing their manager. Just a thought.

Would be pleased if we did get him though, he has potential and we would have a manager good enough to stick with for once.

Do people think Mike Ashley would be willing to pay compensation to Wigan to get Bruce? I'm not so sure he would.

Isnt there some bad blood between Whelan and Ashley? This would be the major stumbling block in this deal. Would take Bruce to walk to make it happen i think...

Do people think Mike Ashley would be willing to pay compensation to Wigan to get Bruce? I'm not so sure he would.

Isnt there some bad blood between Whelan and Ashley? This would be the major stumbling block in this deal. Would take Bruce to walk to make it happen i think...

Didn't stop the N'Zog / Raylor deals going through. I think JJB are completely fucked, so Whelan may have his hands tied.

Didn't stop the N'Zog / Raylor deals going through. I think JJB are completely f***ed, so Whelan may have his hands tied.

Whelan has no stake in JJB.

Didn't know that. When did he get out? Is he fucked financially or am I wrong about that as well?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Inter Milan boss Jose Mourinho has told close friends he wants to return to the Premier League next season - alerting Newcastle and Manchester City. (Sunday Express)

:)

By John Richardson

Jose Mourinho has told close friends that he wants to quit Italy and return to the Premier League in the summer.

Mourinho, whose Inter Milan side take on Manchester United in the Champions League on Tuesday, has privately confessed that he is not a big fan of Italian football. 

He has often been at war with the Italian media, despite Inter Milan set to finish as Serie A champions for the fourth season running. 

Mourinho says he misses life in England following his abrupt exit from Chelsea after a fall-out with Stamford Bridge owner Roman Abramovich in September 2007. 

This revelation is bound to encourage long-standing interest from both Manchester City and Newcastle United. 

City’s wealthy backer, Sheikh Mansour, has supported current boss Mark Hughes in the transfer market. But he would quickly switch his allegiance to ‘The Special One’ given any encouragement, while Newcastle owner Mike Ashley sounded out Mourinho before appointing Kevin Keegan 13 months ago. 

There is no way Mourinho would join NUFC under the current set-up ; he had enough of others choosing his players at Chelsea(i.e. Shevchenko). Of the 2 clubs mentioned he is far more likely to end up at City unless Cashley fires Wise & Co...

If Ashley can't do  better than Kinnear, to link Mourinho with the job is ludicrous.

Inter Milan boss Jose Mourinho has told close friends he wants to return to the Premier League next season - alerting Newcastle and Manchester City. (Sunday Express)

By John Richardson

Jose Mourinho has told close friends that he wants to quit Italy and return to the Premier League in the summer.

Mourinho, whose Inter Milan side take on Manchester United in the Champions League on Tuesday, has privately confessed that he is not a big fan of Italian football. 

He has often been at war with the Italian media, despite Inter Milan set to finish as Serie A champions for the fourth season running. 

Mourinho says he misses life in England following his abrupt exit from Chelsea after a fall-out with Stamford Bridge owner Roman Abramovich in September 2007. 

This revelation is bound to encourage long-standing interest from both Manchester City and Newcastle United. 

City’s wealthy backer, Sheikh Mansour, has supported current boss Mark Hughes in the transfer market. But he would quickly switch his allegiance to ‘The Special One’ given any encouragement, while Newcastle owner Mike Ashley sounded out Mourinho before appointing Kevin Keegan 13 months ago. 

My best mates dad he is

By John Richardson

My best mates dad he is

He is on the Sunday Supp now & once again he looking orange with the make up.

There is no way Mourinho would join NUFC under the current set-up ; he had enough of others choosing his players at Chelsea(i.e. Shevchenko). Of the 2 clubs mentioned he is far more likely to end up at City unless Cashley fires Wise & Co...

If Ashley can't do  better than Kinnear, to link Mourinho with the job is ludicrous.

Mourinho likes Newcastle as a club, he actually mentioned us as one of the clubs he'd relish the opportunity of reviving a couple of years back.

He would want lots of cash though and there's no way Ashley would be able to offer him it, he's way out of our league now.

Guest optimistic nit

i doubt he'd got to citeh as i'm not that sure hughes is picking the team either.

not likely to come here though either.

i doubt he'd got to citeh as i'm not that sure hughes is picking the team either.

not likely to come here though either.

I think he'll end up at City tbh. He'll command a lot more respect than Hughes from the owners, and with his track record they'll probably give him a free hand for a while at least.

Speaking of the need to make a post-Kinnear appointment, the unimaginative decision to stick with the team which started against WBA suggests the decision needs to be taken sooner rather than later.

Hughton effectively turned Jonas' one match suspension into a two match one with his bone-headed team selection today. Luckily Everton were ravaged by injury otherwise we could have paid dearly. A more aggressive manager would have seen they were weakened and would have went for the jugular when we had players like Martins, Jonas and Viduka available for selection.