Post-Kinnear Appointment

oldtype

I still can't make sense of Llambias saying they've been impressed with Kinnear.

I'd rather they just came out and said he's cheap, and we can't be fucking arsed looking for someone else than feed us yet more inane nonsense that none of us will buy in a million years.

The two of them (he and Ashley) really are fucking muppets when it comes to football.

:lol:

Toon hero Temuri Ketsbaia puts his case as top manager

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/03/11/ketsbaia-puts-his-case-as-a-top-manager-72703-23118475/

Sure someone must have posted it.  But seriously, when we have a guy here who a) Has proven himself to be able to manage B) Loves the club and is issuing a "Come and get me" plea in the media and C) Is someone the fans will give plenty of time, why the fuck are we risking a potentially fatal treading water session with Chris for the sake of getting back Joe Kinner?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/03/11/ketsbaia-puts-his-case-as-a-top-manager-72703-23118475/

Sure someone must have posted it.  But seriously, when we have a guy here who a) Has proven himself to be able to manage B) Loves the club and is issuing a "Come and get me" plea in the media and C) Is someone the fans will give plenty of time, why the fuck are we risking a potentially fatal treading water session with Chris for the sake of getting back Joe Kinner?

Possibly for the same reason we've never even looked at a foreign manager since Gullit.

There's a stupid nervousness about us hiring foreigners, enough people whispering that they can't settle here & the fans won't accept them.

It really doesn't matter that he's interested in the job, a former player who knows & loves the team & area.  The same people who suggested that Souness & Allardyce were superb appointments are the same ones who'll be suggesting that JFK is absolutely the right man for the job.

if only

Ashley and Llambias are 2 idiots?

Ashley and Llambias are 2 idiots?

I'd actually be surprised if they know who Temuri Ketsba is.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

The problem with this move is it'd nearly be impossible to get anyone in who is worse than Kinnear, which is what we'd need to do seeing as they'd be fucking off as soon as his blood pressure settles.

One of the other Sundays (People?) reckons that Kinnear has had a set back and they are considering bringing n Venables on a short-term contract.

Why would he take it now when he wouldn't before?

One of the other Sundays (People?) reckons that Kinnear has had a set back and they are considering bringing n Venables on a short-term contract.

Why would he take it now when he wouldn't before?

fuck knows.

but i for one hope its true.

we're desperate.

Right, I've been thinking about this. When can we say things started really going badly at the club? I'd say sometime after last season's January transfer window. Up to that point, yes we'd had some rocky patches with Allardyce, but apart from Keegan's return looking like a daring move, it seemed like Ashley was basically in touch with the club/supporters. Wise, Vetere and co. were appointed, yes, but all statements suggested things were going to be kept under control - Wise and Keegan agreed the latter was top dog. We felt positive, like we were all on the same side - that even if mistakes were made along the way, we'd get there one way or another.

Now, you may be wondering why I'm saying all this. Well, something happened on the 30th January 2008. Something we should all take cognisance of. Something that goes to explain all that has taken place since. Jeremy Beadle died. 'Died'. In other words, he 'disappeared from the public gaze'. Gentlemen, I propose that he is not six feet under - he instead faked his own demise, killed Mike Ashley, assumed his persona - with the aid of a rubber mask - and set about pulling his most audacious prank ever upon 52,000 people to kick off a new series of the much missed Beadle's About.

Take solace, this whole thing is a wind up.

It's the NotW, so should be taken with a slight pinch of salt. However, if there is truth in it, then the club will just de-franchise another large section of it's support. Any outsider would think the club is being purposely destroyed from within. To what end? F**k knows.

It's the NotW, so should be taken with a slight pinch of salt. However, if there is truth in it, then the club will just de-franchise another large section of it's support. Any outsider would think the club is being purposely destroyed from within. To what end? F**k knows.

What's to be taken with a pinch of salt though?

Hughton's already signed up for the future, we know JFK has the offer on the table, the only real news in the article is Calderwood's offer, which I don't have any reason to doubt.

It just looks worse when it's put down in print I suppose. Unless JFK decides otherwise, these men are going to be running our club for the foreseeable and we have to bend over and take it.

Only one person will pull out us from this mess. SHEARER.

I have no idea why you say that, but ok. I concede I would have Shearer ahead of Kinnear. Shearer won't work for this club as things stand, though, so we have to think about something else, in the meantime.