Post-Kinnear Appointment

oldtype

Even if we do get rid of Wise etc we are still fucked for cash and not many up and coming managers will fancy the job with no money. Ketsbaia would probably be up for it since he would be coming to a much higher level but I don't think many of the others mentioned would touch us.

Looking at the Championship our old Academy Director Alan Irvine seems to be doing a good job with Preston, perhaps another to keep an eye on.

Regarding David Moyes I always had him down as a Steve Bruce type manager - decent but nowt special. However his credentials and abilities have increased significantly in the past few years and he's proving himself to be an excellent manager arguably on the same level as Martin O'Neill. Basically a cut above the likes of Bruce.

We wouldn't stand a chance with Moyes though as Everton are in a much better position than we are. He's out of our league as far as prospective new managers go.

I've a lot of time for Irvine. We've been going downhill ever since we let him join Everton. Coincidence? probably. He was a great coach by all accounts.

Roberto Martinez, his stock is rising fast.

He has Swansea playing the right type of football.

G  W  D  L    W %

Swansea City  25 February 2007 Present 106 57 31 19 53.77%

Roberto Martinez, his stock is rising fast.

He has Swansea playing the right type of football.

G   W  D   L    W %

Swansea City  25 February 2007 Present 106 57 31 19 53.77%

I'd be up for this.  He's turned a poor to average Swansea side in to playing decent football and beating bigger teams.

Bruce is the only 'proven' manager that I could see leaving his current club to join us right now, and even that would be an expensive struggle. The structure would have to be right too, which I can't see changing.

Martinez would perhaps be worth a gamble.

Martinez is the standout candidate for me.

The perfect mix of English and Spanish for our current regime.

His sides play great football, he' able to vary it tactically (has played a number of formations this season) and can spot a player and bargain.

Sir John Hall suggested him when Fat Sam left, and his stock has only risen since.

I don't think Martinez would join us unless we were already safe. Why would he take the risk of being relegated? Maybe at the end of the season, but right now he is a rising star, why would he want it extinguished?

Come on woman man. We're shit as fuck but he'd still drop Swansea like Xisco to come here.

I don't think Martinez would join us unless we were already safe. Why would he take the risk of being relegated? Maybe at the end of the season, but right now he is a rising star, why would he want it extinguished?

Come on woman man. We're shit as fuck but he'd still drop Swansea like Xisco to come here.

Yep chance to manage a Premiership team, or at worst he'd be a strong candidate for a manager if we wanted to come straight back up.

:lol:

I don't know for sure that he would. I would like to think that he would but I am not convinced - the threat of relegation is very real this season. There is an outside chance we could swap places with Swansea. He is worth an approach though, definately.

Those people that are going on about Martinez.. are you forgetting the Paul Ince saga so quickly? His lower league record was brilliant with both clubs he was at.

We all know the rest.

Not forgetting it at all. :undecided:

Those people that are going on about Martinez.. are you forgetting the Paul Ince saga so quickly? His lower league record was brilliant with both clubs he was at.

We all know the rest.

It would be a punt.

I think most people thought Ince would fail. He has a horrible attitude and was never going to be able to manage Premier League players.

Martinez is more of a thinking manager and is uniquely qualified in terms of where he learned the game and where he played most of his career.