Pre Match: Newcastle United vs Everton - see OP for N-O podcast!

joeyt

Dilemma for my Fantasy Football team. Ashley Cole is suspended, so have to pick between my two sub defenders Lescott & Bassong for the third defender's place...

The answer: take Ashley Cole out, he gets nee assists, and get Maynor Figueroa in. Been excellent all season, Wigan get buckets of clean sheets and he gets lots of assists.

hth :)

Don't want to waste a transfer though! Going to be the optimist and pick Bassong.

i like your optimism, laddie! we will at least get a draw!

Dilemma for my Fantasy Football team. Ashley Cole is suspended, so have to pick between my two sub defenders Lescott & Bassong for the third defender's place...

The answer: take Ashley Cole out, he gets nee assists, and get Maynor Figueroa in. Been excellent all season, Wigan get buckets of clean sheets and he gets lots of assists.

hth :)

i put the wigan trio in ages ago, palacios/valencia/figeroa...been the lords ever since, wonder how many points figeroa got for villa away where he basically tackled and blocked everything on the pitch on his own!?

Everton fans are very confident.

Look at some of these posts of one of their boards.

Li Tie wrote ...

I personally think though

Jacobsen-----Jagielka-------Lescott--------Baines

--------------- Neville-------Arteta

Gosling--------------------------------------Pienaar/ Osman

-----------------------Fellaini

------------------------Jo

I hope some of those players will be able to play, but I think they won't.

No goal keeper though is a little risky, but it is only Newcastle.

Thing is there is nobody. Besides, it's only Newcastle. He's done ok for us before

i'm sure it's just not me who have these as my second most hated team. i want to see these shirtless, pot bellied, shoe-waving, loved-by-sky, where-were-you-when-you-were-shit, underevolved, shearer-loving, know-nothing, we're-a-massive-club-yet have-won-nothing-for-eternity cretins completely played off the park and shown up for the clueless biffs that they are.

i want to see close ups of their salty tears running down their flabby bellies on match of the day.

Excellently put. Couldn't agree more, I hate them with a passion.

Everton fans seem to be very confident, but I think we can nick this one. We have player coming back from injuries and I wouldnt say it was our defence that was our achilles heel. It will be a scrappy game, but I think we will edge it 2-1.

i'm sure it's just not me who have these as my second most hated team. i want to see these shirtless, pot bellied, shoe-waving, loved-by-sky, where-were-you-when-you-were-s***, underevolved, shearer-loving, know-nothing, we're-a-massive-club-yet have-won-nothing-for-eternity cretins completely played off the park and shown up for the clueless biffs that they are.

i want to see close ups of their salty tears running down their flabby bellies on match of the day.

Excellently put. Couldn't agree more, I hate them with a passion.

Everton fans seem to be very confident, but I think we can nick this one. We have player coming back from injuries and I wouldnt say it was our defence that was our achilles heel. It will be a scrappy game, but I think we will edge it 2-1.

Everton fans often come across as very angry to me.

They've just shown Stevie Taylor's goal at Goodison from earlier in the season on SSN...what a f*cking cross that was from Geremi. Amazing technique. Shame it's too sporadic.

Shame he lost his legs so young, if he was at the same standard he was at when he was at Boro he'd be in my team every week

Guest michaelfoster

Harper

R.Taylor      Coloccini    Bassong   Enrique

Jonas         Butt          Nolan        Duff

Martins   Lovenkrands

Subs: Krul, Taylor, Cacapa, Geremi, Lua Lua, Smith, Viduka,

I think it will be a draw so going for 1-1.

Harper

R.Taylor      Bassong    Colocinni    Enrique

Jonas         Butt          Nolan        Duff

Martins   Lovenkrands

Bassong should be left centre back.

Harper

Martins   Lovenkrands

And Butt should be shot.

Harper

Martins   Lovenkrands

And Butt should be shot.

He is.

David Moyes will be without midfield trio Steven Pienaar, Marouane Fellaini and Leon Osman for Sunday's trip to Newcastle.

All three sat out last weekend's FA Cup victory over Aston Villa and Blues boss David Moyes has confirmed they will once again be missing.

The Goodison chief was already without Tony Hibbert and Tim Cahill. Both players are set to serve a one-match ban after picking up their fifth booking of the season last time out.

But the Scot could welcome back striker Louis Saha, who has an outside chance of featuring at St James' Park. The Frenchman has not played since damaging his hamstring in November's 1-0 win at Tottenham Hotspur.

One player definitely back in the squad is Jo. The on-loan Manchester City forward scored twice on his debut against Bolton Wanderers but was cup-tied for the visit of Martin O'Neill's side.

I've a good feeling about this

David Moyes will be without midfield trio Steven Pienaar, Marouane Fellaini and Leon Osman for Sunday's trip to Newcastle.

All three sat out last weekend's FA Cup victory over Aston Villa and Blues boss David Moyes has confirmed they will once again be missing.

The Goodison chief was already without Tony Hibbert and Tim Cahill. Both players are set to serve a one-match ban after picking up their fifth booking of the season last time out.

But the Scot could welcome back striker Louis Saha, who has an outside chance of featuring at St James' Park. The Frenchman has not played since damaging his hamstring in November's 1-0 win at Tottenham Hotspur.

One player definitely back in the squad is Jo. The on-loan Manchester City forward scored twice on his debut against Bolton Wanderers but was cup-tied for the visit of Martin O'Neill's side.

I've a good feeling about this

Now I know how other teams feel when they play against us with all our midfielders missing. Except our strikers are usually out injured as well.

Harper

Martins   Lovenkrands

Why? I think he's had two good solid games in a row now, it'd be uneeded to drop him when he's finally finding his feet. Bassong is much better in CB, imo.

Personally I dont think we should change the back 4 at all. Taylor has been solid for the last two games as has Bassong and Jose, whereas Colo has been a bit dodgey but dropping him would only make things worse, imo. He's still one of the best players we have.

With Evertons depleted squad I will fairly disappointed if we dont take all 3 points on Sunday, especially with having Martins and Jonas back.

Harper

Jonas         Butt          Nolan        Duff

Martins   Lovenkrands

Why? I think he's had two good solid games in a row now, it'd be uneeded to drop him when he's finally finding his feet. Bassong is much better in CB, imo.

Personally I dont think we should change the back 4 at all. Taylor has been solid for the last two games as has Bassong and Jose, whereas Colo has been a bit dodgey but dropping him would only make things worse, imo. He's still one of the best players we have.

With Evertons depleted squad I will fairly disappointed if we dont take all 3 points on Sunday, especially with having Martins and Jonas back.

Guest Waldo P. Barnstormer

Really looking forward to this, the break has killed me. Jonas has to come back in but I'd like to see Duff in the middle.

Just to get shot of Butt.javascript:void(0);

Harper

Jonas         Butt          Nolan        Duff

Martins   Lovenkrands

:kinnear: :lol:

My apologies, Gred.

Guest nufc1892

If i was manager i will start:

Harper

S.Taylor      Colocinni        Basong      Enrique

Jonas        Nolan          Lua-Lua      R.Taylor

Martins        Viduka

Hughton will start probably:

Harper

S.Taylor      Coloccini    Basong    Enrique