Llambias Q&A with Chronicle: OP updated with Thursday's articles

Guest neesy111

"We inherited a mess" - check

"Dennis is fab" - check

"Mike spent <<insert another made up figure plucked from the air?>> that nobody knows about" - check

Sly digs at Keegan - check

Lies about NUSC - check

Excuses based on not knowing about football (then get some fucker who does!!) - check

Long term plans (so expect nowt) - check

What a load of shite.

"Dennis is fab" - check

"Mike spent <<insert another made up figure plucked from the air?>> that nobody knows about" - check

Lies about NUSC - check

Excuses based on not knowing about football (then get some fucker who does!!) - check

What a load of shite.

And people say we want communication from the club!

They can't win either way.

I thought we're already two years into the five year plan? Or are we now starting this five year plan from scratch?

Are they allowed to modify the original plan?

Is Kinnear in the new plan?

Wise up mate! He isn't exactly going to come out and say they're ditching JFK in the summer!

Absolutely love this smiley though....so i'm going to use it for the f*** of it  :harry:

They aren't ditching JFK though in plain to see mate.  Everything that has came out of the club in regards to the future has indicated that Joe is going to be there, this offer of a long term contract - that he won't sign yet but it's in his desk - a pretty big clue.  This ain't been rubbished by Newcastle.

He is here to stay, and in my view they have planned for him to be here in the next 5 years and 'challenging' like Villa :lol: ..because he works well with Wisey and himself.

:lol: when some people have an agenda, they can't see through the smog they produce when talking s***. tell me exactly why they would come out in public and rubbish the contract offer story? why exactly would they start handbags with the manager of their club, and quite possibly the only man lunatic enough to stay in this job at the moment?

Your kidding me right?

An appointment of a manager is quite big news.  A statement like 'there is currently no offer at the moment, we wish to speak to Joe after the current season', that isnt simple to do?  That wouldn't keep all parties happy? 

You seriously believe Joe hasn;t got a contract and that the club is secretly not wanting to rubbish his story because might upset him.  :lol: and you say i have an agenda! jeez, your pretty deluded to think that imo.

You think the club will let him talk s*** when it comes to long term contracts?  No.

Give me a break.

If Owen stays, he'll still be on very, very high wages relatively speaking. He'll still be injury-prone. He'll still be getting older, slower and less effective.

If Owen goes, that's your £8m gone right there to find a half-decent replacement.

We're stuck with this problem.

Very little in that Happy Face post is actually contradictory and probably none of it is deliberately misleading.

Most of it seems to just be changing circumstances and events (i.e. Sam leaving) that we don't know the details of and/or who had knowledge of it at various points.

The changing circumstances are them fucking things up at every opportunity though.  It's not chaos.  A butterfly didn't flap it's wings in mackemland which led to a profit in the last two transfer windows and the threat of relegation.

Even if that was true it would mean they weren't lying or misleading the fans at the time, so your original post would still be pointless.

I don't disagree that they've made some fairly big mistakes BTW, I've never argued otherwise.

When we're in league one it'll be ok as long as they change their story and blame the press for twisting things.

He says he wants to emulate Villa (Which is at odds with Ashley who wants to be Arsenal), but Villa spent over £30M last summer.  He's putting up £8M.

Forgive me if I don't spunk on my gussett.

1. The club have never dealt with Nusc we are not in discussions with them. We've tried and ended up inviting ourselves to the fans forum to discuss stewarding.

2. We have no interest in talking keegan if he thinks that's what were about then he really is clueless.

3. He goes on about us charging a fee yet to set up an 'official' club recognized supporters club every member has to be a season ticket holder (and then still pay)

So NUSC are on the supports panel then and will be going on the 12th.

Also NUSC was set up on the back of what happened with Keegan and they want Ashley out because of it, I think it's easy to understand why he would think that Ashley out and the Keegan affair would be top of their list.

"Dennis is fab" - check

Lies about NUSC - check

What a load of shite.

I don't give a shit about communication - all I wanted is some indication of intent to progress (or even not go down) - they comprenhensively failed to do that in January.

If Owen stays, he'll still be on very, very high wages relatively speaking. He'll still be injury-prone. He'll still be getting older, slower and less effective.

If Owen goes, that's your £8m gone right there to find a half-decent replacement.

The faster Owen, and those of his kind are out of the club the better. We want young, hungry players with something to prove, not players relying on their reputation, and sitting on a mountain of cash.

1. The club have never dealt with Nusc we are not in discussions with them. We've tried and ended up inviting ourselves to the fans forum to discuss stewarding.

2. We have no interest in talking keegan if he thinks that's what were about then he really is clueless.

3. He goes on about us charging a fee yet to set up an 'official' club recognized supporters club every member has to be a season ticket holder (and then still pay)

1. Is the first one not exactly what Llambias said?

2. Peasepud may indeed not have any interest in discussing Keegan, but the fact is other members of the committee do & they don't go with the majority vote.

3. So what?

What does he think about the claims that NUSC went about everything the wrong way at the start?

When we're in league one it'll be ok as long as they change their story and blame the press for twisting things.

He says he wants to emulate Villa (Which is at odds with Ashley who wants to be Arsenal), but Villa spent over £30M last summer.  He's putting up £8M.

Forgive me if I don't spunk on my gussett.

Well obviously it won't be OK, but I thought we were talking about communication and all the quotes you highlighted?

Nobody is happy with the current position of the club FFS, certainly not me.

Difference is some of us aren't already planning suicide because of a bad few months... and we don't choose to rant on about an owner that is now here to stay.

The faster Owen, and those of his kind are out of the club the better. We want young, hungry players with something to prove, not players relying on their reputation, and sitting on a mountain of cash.

What, like Xisco? :lol:

"Dennis is fab" - check

Lies about NUSC - check

What a load of shite.

I don't give a shit about communication - all I wanted is some indication of intent to progress (or even not go down) - they comprenhensively failed to do that in January.

If all you're going by is actions then fair enough, I'm not arguing that January was a massive success.

Yeah because he has really had a chance. Not his fault the deal was made in the way it was.

2. Peasepud may indeed not have any interest in discussing Keegan, but the fact is other members of the committee do & they don't go with the majority vote.

3. So what?

What does he think about the claims that NUSC went about everything the wrong way at the start?

It’s not true that we have blanked them.

We have engaged with them and had dialogue since they formed.

I assume Peasepud denies this outright.

But surely could balance it out on his wages saved?

We spend £10m on replacing Owen with a young hungry and fit player, paying the lad £40kpw (£8m) over 4 years or resign Owen for £20m over 4 years, whilst 'He'll still be injury-prone. He'll still be getting older, slower and less effective.' and worth nothing in the end. Also the new player still retaining value.

It makes sense for the club to rid us of Owen, but lets hope Ashley sees that the replacement fee can be incorporated in the money saved from keeping Owen on whilst still having a sellable asset on the books. Also, £8m? Isn't that just the money rolled over from this window, did he say that's all we've got to spend?

"Dennis is fab" - check

Lies about NUSC - check

What a load of shite.

Highlights of the interview include:

:: Derek Llambias apologising to Toon fans and admitting that the board's silence since Kevin Keegan left was wrong.

:: A promise to give the fans a voice at the club.

:: Predicting that Newcastle will lose millions this year but maintaining "we are not a selling club".

:: Revealing that Mike Ashley believes Newcastle can challenge for EVERYTHING within the next five years.

Guy certainly has a sense of humour, how would we do this then? 

Because Newcastle are a big club with a huge income, once the clubs outgoings are down to something sensible you would think we could be making £20 million profit every year which could be pumped straight back into the team, add to that the £20 million Ashley said he would put in every year (which he did put in last year) and you have a very healthy football club which can push back up to where we think we should be.

A few fans will jump off the bandwagon and cancel their 3 year deals that they signed up for on the back of Keegan but they will be back when the club turns itself around.

Trimming the wage budget to make profit and using that to boost the transfer kitty has it's downfalls, as it limits us to a certain calibre of player in most cases. 

Also the club is going to be paying back Mike's loan as soon as we do start to make a profit. 

We will still have a flawed structure in place with people in charge that are 'unfamiliar' with the football world.  They believe Kinnear is the man for the future.  That is how we can challenge everything :lol:

Yet Everton manage to do well despite paying out around £25 million less than us in wages.

3. So what?

It’s not true that we have blanked them.

We have engaged with them and had dialogue since they formed.

I assume Peasepud denies this outright.

That is totally made up according to PP.

Yeah because he has really had a chance. Not his fault the deal was made in the way it was.

Wise clearly thought he was good enough.

Dave's just being a snide, man. He'll be telling you about how he's signed up for a 3 year deal soon.

For all we know he might be good enough, Kinnear might just not fancy him because he doesn't speak very good English yet.

Who is to say he isn't? How old is he? How many games has he played? Obviously he isn't playing for some reason, with the rumours of it being a financial reason, then I can't see how we can judge him as a player. It could be other things, he might not have settled in the country well, he might not be able to communicate effectively, he might not be as good as we thought.

Highlights of the interview include:

:: Derek Llambias apologising to Toon fans and admitting that the board's silence since Kevin Keegan left was wrong.

:: A promise to give the fans a voice at the club.

:: Predicting that Newcastle will lose millions this year but maintaining "we are not a selling club".

:: Revealing that Mike Ashley believes Newcastle can challenge for EVERYTHING within the next five years.

Guy certainly has a sense of humour, how would we do this then? 

Because Newcastle are a big club with a huge income, once the clubs outgoings are down to something sensible you would think we could be making £20 million profit every year which could be pumped straight back into the team, add to that the £20 million Ashley said he would put in every year (which he did put in last year) and you have a very healthy football club which can push back up to where we think we should be.

A few fans will jump off the bandwagon and cancel their 3 year deals that they signed up for on the back of Keegan but they will be back when the club turns itself around.

Trimming the wage budget to make profit and using that to boost the transfer kitty has it's downfalls, as it limits us to a certain calibre of player in most cases. 

Also the club is going to be paying back Mike's loan as soon as we do start to make a profit. 

We will still have a flawed structure in place with people in charge that are 'unfamiliar' with the football world.  They believe Kinnear is the man for the future.  That is how we can challenge everything :lol:

Yet Everton manage to do well despite paying out around £25 million less than us in wages.

They challenge everything do they?

Actions speak louder then words, i'll give these c***s the benefit of my doubt for the love of NUFC BUT i need to see a major improvement with the whole f***ing lot next summer.

Starting with a half decent f***ing manager.

Spot on word word. My sentiments exactly. Love you baby  :smitten: